Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

The PS3 is built like some kind of Fisher Price toy. Mine is literally falling apart.

3662698862_3a5de6e4fe.jpg

My 360 doesn't do this sort of shit.

I say well done Microsoft for making a sold piece of hardware.

Its too hard :/

No chance, I've got all of them.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I agree, it feels like it has loads of flex in unlike the 360 that feels solid. Hate the way it's glossy black too, easy to scratch.

Not sure what material they used in the 360 but you can tell they spent a lot on it. It's like it was an afterthought with the PS3 and therefore you have to care it like a baby.

I watched 2 videos where they smashed the 3 consoles with several objects and then checked if it worked afterwards.

Xbox 360 always went out on the first round and was really easy to brake, wii and ps3 broke after a lot more abuse. I think PS3 won though.

My PS3 is fine but my friends PS3 broke twice so I guess it's not so great.:indeed:

Edited by Diageo

Hmmm I don't think those tests are that good though, they don't ring true for me anyway. My friend's Xbox is without any breakages and it has taken quite a bit of abuse. His PS3 on the other hand, well, you can probably guess that it isn't all in one piece.

I don't think it is Choze, as you can see from various PS3 owners here they find it isn't reliable in the slightest. We're not just talking weak points in the internal stuff, but it does get exterior damage if it's poked too vigorously.

I've a 60GB from launch and have yet to have any kind of issue with it. Since the launch of the 360 I've gone through seven machines, both consoles being treated with exactly the same level of care.

Sometimes hardware breaks. In the 360's case it suffered from an actual design flaw which was the major reason behind so many RRODs, whereas as far as I'm aware the PS3 is merely victim to the usual dangers of being a complex piece of electronics.

Anyway, after the excitement of the 2.80 firmware update here's a rumour regarding 3.0. Obviously you're going to want to take more than the government's recommended daily allowance of salt with such stories for the time being.

I don't think it is Choze, as you can see from various PS3 owners here they find it isn't reliable in the slightest. We're not just talking weak points in the internal stuff, but it does get exterior damage if it's poked too vigorously.

Nah. If you think that way you are in a very tiny minority.

Thats too much dust... Do you clean up your place? :p Looks unbreathable.

Nah. If you think that way you are in a very tiny minority.

Thats too much dust... Do you clean up your place? :p Looks unbreathable.

I know, it's f*cking disgusting. We just got rid of this awful shaggy rug, I'm guessing that's where it's from.

I've found my PS3 does seem to need dusting way more often than my other electrical stuff.

Piano black effect. Same goes for PSP etc. You have to keep it very clean to not look dusty. Other plastics or white colour hide the dust look.

But its best to keep clean.

Choze is actually speaking the truth for once. People with working hardware don't shout about it from the rooftops. You'll only ever hear about problems people have with stuff, which is why it always looks like everything has a problem on the internet.

Mahn, whenever I turn on my PS3 it keeps reminding me I have less than 500MB of space so I'm really going to have to get a new HDD sharpish. I can't keep deleting PSN games - SSHD has already bit the dust and I don't want to have to get rid of anything else.

Having to fork out loads of money for a 320GB HDD and a 40GB HDD is annoying (that's if Choze is correct in saying I need another 40GB to transfer my sheet) but has to be done.

There won't be any space for Infamous when that arrives. Yeah I'm not giving in to that dumb 'spelling'.

Have you deleted the installation files for any games you aren't playing, dwarf? If you haven't done so before I'm sure you could free up a few GBs by doing so.

I now have over 1000 Trophies. They're pretty much a virtual monument to my procrastination.

Ah good point.

What are you procrastinating/putting off exactly?

I really don't want to give into finishing the second Fallout 3 playthrough for trophies. I mean if/when I get my Wipeout platinum I'll be happy for the rest of my trophy days. It's not like I couldn't get those trophies ya know.

Mahn, whenever I turn on my PS3 it keeps reminding me I have less than 500MB of space so I'm really going to have to get a new HDD sharpish. I can't keep deleting PSN games - SSHD has already bit the dust and I don't want to have to get rid of anything else.

Having to fork out loads of money for a 320GB HDD and a 40GB HDD is annoying (that's if Choze is correct in saying I need another 40GB to transfer my sheet) but has to be done.

There won't be any space for Infamous when that arrives. Yeah I'm not giving in to that dumb 'spelling'.[/quote[

You just need the rough equivalent of what you have on the PS3 to do a full backup. Get a small USB HDD. Handy anyway for other things.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!