Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Sure, all I really care about is the picture and sound quality. Please post :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KDL32S3000-Widescreen-Bravia-Freeview/dp/B000OQBUC2/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1245507908&sr=8-10

This is my model, it must be a year and a half to 2 years old now, so you can't get it new, from Amazon atleast, but there is a refurbished option. Brilliant set all around.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if Tales of Vesperia is coming out for the PS3 in Amercia or Europe?

Just want to get a new RPG for the summer, so its either this or Tales of Symphonia (Yes I still haven't played that >.<)

Yeah its coming to Europe and the US. But no date yet. All signs point to a late release and its definitely coming. Just no official announcement presumably because the 360 version has not even launched yet.

A date for Japan was confirmed only a few days ago for middle september. So it will have a big wait but the content update for PS3 is absolutely massive. It also coincides with the Tales of Vesperia Movie. If you cant wait, check to see if the Asian release has English text.

Thought I'd be a nob and post some short reviews of games which I think sums up the games well. Cooky disagrees but I'm used to people disagreeing with me:

Socom Confrontation:

I just admit that I wasted 20 quid with this game. 99% of it is waiting, dying and sweating from suspense. The other 1% is just confusion and not knowing what the f*ck is going on. It doesn't make me want to learn the ropes because there's no character in the game or any incentive for me to play it, which is highlighted by the diabolical trophy choices that the fiendish designers thought would make for a good laugh when they made it during a drunken night in.

There's no tutorial or story, so why would I want to join the ranks of the online wankers that blatantly drive BMWs because they have such good experience at being smug in their use of bluetooth headsets when they call you a noob down the speaker?

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift

I want to like this game more than I do but I just can't. There have been many moments that made me laugh and cheer - either because there has been a hilarious crash or because you pull of some insane driving. But so much of the game is spent in sheer frustration as your vehicle doesn't seem fast enough. You have the accelerator on full power after a turn with boost being applied until the X button knows it may be permanently locked in place yet you still appear to be going at 5mph as your Monster Truck explodes from being such a pussy (in truck terms).

This gives you the feeling that there is constantly a car doing you up the exhaust pipe as you stare helplessly at the screen watching your monster trying to get grip on mud-coloured ice. Why have the boost limit? If everyone has infinite boost it's still a level playing field whilst being more fun to play. The person that thought of it only included it so that they could conform to normal conventions in racing games and also to fill of the HUD. The word 'limit' is such a negative word and there are tons of limits in Motorstorm.

The one thing they don't limit - path choices - is annoying because it doesn't seem fair and it isn't obvious which route is best, even trialling can never really tell you so you probably have to ask the experts that win all the online races what the best race line is for each and every vehicle and each and every track. Ice and fire affecting boost is just a gimmick disguised as something more - like a tactical choice, when really if you need to cool the engine - which is always - you choose the best route and then dip your wheels in like everybody else.

Thought I'd be a nob and post some short reviews of games which I think sums up the games well. Cooky disagrees but I'm used to people disagreeing with me:

Socom Confrontation:

I just admit that I wasted 20 quid with this game. 99% of it is waiting, dying and sweating from suspense. The other 1% is just confusion and not knowing what the f*ck is going on. It doesn't make me want to learn the ropes because there's no character in the game or any incentive for me to play it, which is highlighted by the diabolical trophy choices that the fiendish designers thought would make for a good laugh when they made it during a drunken night in.

There's no tutorial or story, so why would I want to join the ranks of the online wankers that blatantly drive BMWs because they have such good experience at being smug in their use of bluetooth headsets when they call you a noob down the speaker?

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift

I want to like this game more than I do but I just can't. There have been many moments that made me laugh and cheer - either because there has been a hilarious crash or because you pull of some insane driving. But so much of the game is spent in sheer frustration as your vehicle doesn't seem fast enough. You have the accelerator on full power after a turn with boost being applied until the X button knows it may be permanently locked in place yet you still appear to be going at 5mph as your Monster Truck explodes from being such a pussy (in truck terms).

This gives you the feeling that there is constantly a car doing you up the exhaust pipe as you stare helplessly at the screen watching your monster trying to get grip on mud-coloured ice. Why have the boost limit? If everyone has infinite boost it's still a level playing field whilst being more fun to play. The person that thought of it only included it so that they could conform to normal conventions in racing games and also to fill of the HUD. The word 'limit' is such a negative word and there are tons of limits in Motorstorm.

The one thing they don't limit - path choices - is annoying because it doesn't seem fair and it isn't obvious which route is best, even trialling can never really tell you so you probably have to ask the experts that win all the online races what the best race line is for each and every vehicle and each and every track. Ice and fire affecting boost is just a gimmick disguised as something more - like a tactical choice, when really if you need to cool the engine - which is always - you choose the best route and then dip your wheels in like everybody else.

Socom is fine. Its just timed horribly alongside KZ2 which was a mistake. But i would play Socom over R2 anyday. The trophies are actually tame compared to stuff in pc fps.

Socom is definately an aquired taste, personally I love it. But I also love R2 for different reasons. Although none have the play-time they actually deserve, unlike CoD4, which has some insane amount of time put in the online part from me.

I'm sorry but I read those trophies and couldn't help but laugh at how rubbish they were, detailing 10 different figures for people to achieve in the game just for one bronzetrophy just shows that trophies weren't high on their agenda.

Looks like PS3 will have a shit summer if IGN are anything to go by:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/996/996143p1.html

Sony's system is sizzling this season

My arse.

I'm sorry but I read those trophies and couldn't help but laugh at how rubbish they were, detailing 10 different figures for people to achieve in the game just for one bronzetrophy just shows that trophies weren't high on their agenda.

Looks like PS3 will have a shit summer if IGN are anything to go by:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/996/996143p1.html

My arse.

I'm actually glad to be honest...I'm away for a lot of the summer and the time I am around will be well spent playing catch up and enjoying some retro gaming before the onslaught of Q4 which is going to be even more mental than last year.

Maybe they were moref ocused on rewarding fans and heavy players rather than trophywhores. Just maybe?

But they aren't original and I don't see them being pleasing in any way. If you spend long enough playing you can get them but there's no point. As I've said it's not something the developer thought about and making trophies difficult to understand and figure out how much you need to do is a bad trophy.

But they aren't original and I don't see them being pleasing in any way. If you spend long enough playing you can get them but there's no point. As I've said it's not something the developer thought about and making trophies difficult to understand and figure out how much you need to do is a bad trophy.

I agree they could have been used better for people like us also including short term rewards. Some pc games will require 25-50 hours on a single weapon...

I think Warhawk handles the trophies well. Its the most value trophy game as well. Others like KZ2, COD and R2 arent very long term.

Fuck me you are kidding right? Resistance 2 takes fracking ages, 10,000 kills competitive and the massive time needed in the co-op mode....

Well 10,000 kills are nothing. Try 25,000 in slower paced games and 50 hours per class. 25 hours per weapon. 100 hours per status etc.

Tbh the kill count doesn't really reflect anything other than your enjoyment for the game or whoreishness for little achievement icons. It just shows how long you've been playing and isn't really a trophy.

Well hang on you said:

Others like KZ2, COD and R2 arent very long term.

And I disagreed and said how it actually takes ages, then you made a pointless comparison with other PC games which to you somehow renders the kill count in Resistance 2 petty, when in fact it's not, and then I said that killing so many people is pretty irrelavant when you were making it out that it was something more.

Elite Campaign Legend! Woop! Now I'm just going to try zone zeus and if I manage that nothing is getting in the way of the platinum. Apart another very hard trophy.

TROP010.PNG

Edited by dwarf

Yeah its coming to Europe and the US. But no date yet. All signs point to a late release and its definitely coming. Just no official announcement presumably because the 360 version has not even launched yet.

A date for Japan was confirmed only a few days ago for middle september. So it will have a big wait but the content update for PS3 is absolutely massive. It also coincides with the Tales of Vesperia Movie. If you cant wait, check to see if the Asian release has English text.

Nice, I have the patience to wait. So I guess I will just pick up Tales of Symphonia for the Cube.

Yeh, I know I can get ToV for the 360, but would rather have the PS3 version <3

Get Super Stardust HD at a bargain price

Buy Super Stardust HD for a reduced price with a fantastic promotion to celebrate its second anniversary on PlayStation Network.

Super Stardust HD on PLAYSTATION 3 has been shining brightly on PSN with its sci-fi shooting action and startling 3D visuals - and now you have the chance to immerse yourself into this galaxy of fun for only €1.99, for a limited time.

From June 25, 2009 until July 2, 2009, Super Stardust HD will be a paltry €1.99 to celebrate its second anniversary since release, making it the perfect time to explore this popular title. The shoot 'em up has been a firm favourite with players, becoming a top ten seller on PSN and is still bringing in the plaudits after two years, so you won't want to miss out on the game everyone's still talking about - and the chance to show off your shooting skills on the global online ranking leaderboards.

With its stellar expansion pack available to buy, which add a number of extras to Super Stardust HD, including multiplayer support for up to four players and a host of fresh modes, the opportunity to blast yourself into some great gameplay is in your hands.

Take advantage of this offer between June 25, 2009 until July 2, 2009 and become part of the Super Stardust HD sensation.

http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/news/articles/detail/item221893/Get-Super-Stardust-HD-at-a-bargain-price/

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!