• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw Flameboy I have looked at ICO on eBay and it is way too expensive, however I'm currently winning a bid for Farenheit for £2 inc postage but losing Shadow of the Colossus at £15 inc postage. I'm not going to pay more than £15 for a ps2 game I've decided.

Aquanaut's Holiday arrived in the post today.

?plugin=ref&serial=2

Played it for a couple hours. It's quite fun. Very chilled.

Like Afrika except underwater and has a mystery story.

So has a story? That might keep me more interested than Endless Ocean did which got boring for me due to its lack of focus.

Btw Flameboy I have looked at ICO on eBay and it is way too expensive, however I'm currently winning a bid for Farenheit for £2 inc postage but losing Shadow of the Colossus at £15 inc postage. I'm not going to pay more than £15 for a ps2 game I've decided.

Yeah I had considered renting ICO from my local library they have a copy. Even thought about not taking it back and pretending I had lost it!

They are quite sought after though so will have to pay over the odds...

So has a story? That might keep me more interested than Endless Ocean did which got boring for me due to its lack of focus.

Yeah, it's about a missing scientist and you follow clues he left. The graphics are pretty cool although I can't help wondering what it would look like with as much effort put into it a Killzone 2 or sommit.

It's a chilled out game. I love finding new fish and adding them to the records. There's a cool feature where you can take pictures and those pictures are sent to your picture folder on the XMB.

Also you upgrade your sub as you go through. It great to have such a change of pace in a game. This is perfect for the summer.

Yeah, it's about a missing scientist and you follow clues he left. The graphics are pretty cool although I can't help wondering what it would look like with as much effort put into it a Killzone 2 or sommit.

It's a chilled out game. I love finding new fish and adding them to the records. There's a cool feature where you can take pictures and those pictures are sent to your picture folder on the XMB.

Also you upgrade your sub as you go through. It great to have such a change of pace in a game. This is perfect for the summer.

So would I enjoy it if I got bored of Endless Ocean, how much better are the graphics? Part of my problem with Endless Ocean was I didn't think it looked all that great and there was no sense of the spectacular nature of diving. Would this perhaps appeal more? Because as a concept for a game it really appeals.

'Awh the way you can take photos of digital fish is just awe-inspiring, really useful and there's no way I could use pictures of the real thing and nor is there any point in doing the real thing now.'

Heavy Rain yes, Afrika maybe... Aquanaughts holiday, NO.

'Awh the way you can take photos of digital fish is just awe-inspiring, really useful and there's no way I could use pictures of the real thing and nor is there any point in doing the real thing now.'

I'm gonna let you off with that comment seem as you have become a Quantic Dreams convert. Its not about not doing the real thing just about having a different experience.

So would I enjoy it if I got bored of Endless Ocean, how much better are the graphics? Part of my problem with Endless Ocean was I didn't think it looked all that great and there was no sense of the spectacular nature of diving. Would this perhaps appeal more? Because as a concept for a game it really appeals.

The game looks good, it's just after KZ it could look so much better...like basically every game. :heh:

Here's a the import review I read that convinced me to get it.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/12/30/aquanauts-holiday-review-ps3-import/

If the game sounds like it'd appeal to you than I'd be surprised if you didn't like/love it. Check out that review though.

You cried because God of War had blood in it. That pretty much makes your opinion null and void.

Your parents might actually let you play this game, so don't knock it.

Where'd you import it from? How much it cost? Take it you got Asian version so full English etc...?

Got it from eBay for £33 including p+p. I got the Korean version which is fully in English. The Asian version is also fully in English from what I hear. Apart from the box the entire game is in English not a spot of foreign :heh: (apart from the title music which you never hear.). I'm slightly surprised no one has even attempted to publish it here.

The game looks good, it's just after KZ it could look so much better...like basically every game. :heh:

Here's a the import review I read that convinced me to get it.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/12/30/aquanauts-holiday-review-ps3-import/

If the game sounds like it'd appeal to you than I'd be surprised if you didn't like/love it. Check out that review though.

You cried because God of War had blood in it. That pretty much makes your opinion null and void.

Your parents might actually let you play this game, so don't knock it.

Haha if that's meant to be a windup then you lose, and no it doesn't make the opinion null and void.

Haha if that's meant to be a windup then you lose, and no it doesn't make the opinion null and void.

More a flippant comment. This game is fun though. I was surprised you said maybe to Afrika because that's more turd than this.

Well no because I just said that to make me sound open-minded, when really I think both Afrika and this look turd.

See I think this is a case where you've bought something for a different experience than the usual whatnot, but you weren't really impressed so general adjectives like 'relaxing' were used to describe it - see when I pay money for something I try and convince myself that it was the right choice, and it's the same for games, but I've seen footage of this and if I went out on a whim and bought this because of the intriguing concept and review comments then was greeted by a sack of shit, I would've openly admitted that it really wasn't worth getting.

In the likelihood that you will say I'm wrong, well... Kinda obvious but worth a guess I think.

Edited by dwarf

Daft: I'm thinking about getting Aquanaut's Holiday. Can you play your own music (ala Endless Ocean) and is it all in first person or is there a 3rd person viewpoint?

Also...is it all in one area like Endless Ocean? Or can you dive in caves/ruins/ships/other areas. And...do trophies work on EU machines?

Answering all of the above will determine my purchase. Thanks :D

Well no because I just said that to make me sound open-minded, when really I think both Afrika and this look turd.

See I think this is a case where you've bought something for a different experience than the usual whatnot, but you weren't really impressed so general adjectives like 'relaxing' were used to describe it - see when I pay money for something I try and convince myself that it was the right choice, and it's the same for games, but I've seen footage of this and if I went out on a whim and bought this because of the intriguing concept and review comments then was greeted by a sack of shit, I would've openly admitted that it really wasn't worth getting.

In the likelihood that you will say I'm wrong, well... Kinda obvious but worth a guess I think.

I didn't buy it because it was different. I bought it because I want to do some exploring with no pressure of death or time.

I've bought loads of games and thought they were shit or just didn't suit me, GTAIV and Pure being two of them. Likewise, I hope when InFamous comes from LoveFilm it blows my f*cking socks off and proves me wrong.

Daft: I'm thinking about getting Aquanaut's Holiday. Can you play your own music (ala Endless Ocean) and is it all in first person or is there a 3rd person viewpoint?

Also...is it all in one area like Endless Ocean? Or can you dive in caves/ruins/ships/other areas. And...do trophies work on EU machines?

Answering all of the above will determine my purchase. Thanks :D

I'm not sure about custom soundtrack (I'll check next time I'm on). The music is perfect for the game though. It is all in first person. The controls are easy.

Trophies work.

There are lots of areas in this one massive reef you search. There are caves and I've come across a sunken ship. It seems pretty varied. I've only played 4 hours though. Looks promising though.

Check out the review I posted up the page.

Edited by Daft
Automerged Doublepost

so, got my first platenum today. on infamouse, made me feel like a big man, and didnt take to much play if im honest. blast shards are easy when you got the method sorted.

getting back into little big plannet now, got a few level ideas, finnishing off my cowboy themed level, got a lil project i wont mention, then an arbian nights level. beats the fucking "when the bombs came" challenges that make up 99% of gameplay these days.

They don't have Daft Punk...which is a bit shocking but they have Midfield Generals...which is amazing.

It's like a music video Spotify except without the annoying audio adverts.

I hope they integrate friend's lists into this.

Thing is stuff like this has to be advertised, Sony probably spent a lot on this but hardly any member of the public will know about it, even if they have a ps3 they could miss out on the download.

Loading screen is taking ages...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!