Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Just completed Call of Duty: World at War. It utter was rubbish. So bland and so short.

Iv just bought a ps3 + mgs 4 for £150, what else should i buy?

hit meh!

Uncharted

LittleBIGPlanet

KillZone 2

and,

Super Stardust HD off PSN.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncharted was already mentioned :p

You've got a ton of choice so feel free to go for what you like. You can check with us and we will try our best to help.

Daft has an excellent starting list imo. LBP is also dirt cheap, no excuses!

Just completed Call of Duty: World at War. It utter was rubbish. So bland and so short.

It was so so. COD fans will lap it up though. Length wise i found it long. Gameplay is the same COD respawning enemies affair.

Well, these are the games I've got (a few my friends have got but I've borrowed)

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune

Metal Gear Solid 4

Resistance 2

Ratchet and Clank: ToD

Little Big Planet

Fallout 3

Motorstorm: PR

Unreal Tournament 3

Killzone 2

Fifa 08

Socom: Confrontation

Wipeout HD

Snakeball

Super Stardust: HD

Grand Theft Auto IV

Resi 5

Cod 4

And games that I haven't got or that are coming out in the future:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Gran Turismo 5 (completed version)

Tekken 6

rachet and clank: CiT

Naruto: Ultimate ninja storm - November 4th

God of War 3

Infamous

Timesplitters 4

Godfather II

Heavy Rain

CoD 6: MW2

Bioshock 2

MAG

Yakuza 3

PSN

Crash Commando

Flower

Supersonic ARPBC

Worms

Lumines S

It's actually going to be amazing if there is no lag in that game - a serious benchmark - how insane are the battles going to be?!

Spawn - die - Spawn - die - Spawn - die. 256 players...Ahhhh!

Hope it's a carefully crafted masterpiece.

Yeah hopefully they can work out how to stop constant heated battles whilst still preventing you from having to trek miles to get to the action

I really wouldnt mind if they ditched the sniper tbh.

You should have loads of options. There is also the forced way like Killzone 2.

To add. If you play Killzone 2 on Saturday morning in this server: http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=b_EN_PS3_Home&thread.id=154109

Use passworded games search for easy find.

You will get the Home Costumes.

killzone2.jpg

Edited by Choze

Bwahahaha. Worth every penny either way.

MGS4 and LBP will keep you busy too. Check out PSN stuffs. Sign up for a US PS account as well.

Big Playtv updates: Video processing improved (better picture quality) to in XMB viewing(dont have to load up Playtv).

New Xi stuff up, including a new area with a real old school text based adventure quest.

Pretty cool. I like checking up on Home every couple of days. Considering this is all free it is a lot of fun. :smile:

I think Home's engine is getting an update on Thursday as well.

What is this Xi stuff? A clue to a game or something?

It's a game. It started off viral but its a game within Home with a conspiracy back story and stuff.

It's community based so for example one of the quests there were coordinates given out. These coordinates were for billboards spread across Europe and they each had a code on them.

I saw this one the other day while on the bus going past Waterloo. :heh:

file0106.jpg

There are lots of different levels to it and it's a bit tricky to explain fully. This is what Wiki has on it,

Xi is the world's first console-based Alternate Reality Game. The game is an adventure to help find "Jess" and the meaning of Xi that takes place in a series of secret areas in Home changing frequently. This game was created by nDreams who have released a space for Xi called "The Hub". Xi has been advertised via clues and hints over the past month prior to its release on March 23, 2009. The clues were hidden in the Menu Pad and videos. Xi and The Hub are exclusive to Europe and North America and can be accessed via the "Teleport" found in the central meeting point. The Hub cannot be accessed through the World Map. The Hub includes the "HoloPAD", "Stapler" (robot), "Online Getaway" (accesses Message Board, Video Vault, Miguel's Blog, Web Browser, Alpha AFK website, and Jess247), screen that tells "What's New", a "View weekly re-cap" screen, an "Unregister yourself from Xi", and three pods that access Alpha Zones 1 (Game Test Area, Adventure Lobby, & Maximum Tilt Lobby), 2, and 3. The Alpha AFK website, HoloPAD, and Stapler, in that order, can only be accessed by finding three pieces of paper scattered throughout The Hub.

If you can get into it, it's pretty entertaining.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!