• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like something like that but I can't spend that much money. All I want is something that'll give me a respectable connection for games and download a gig per hour (or faster)

Just put little big planet in My PS3 - havent played in ages and I knew it needed updated - downloaded a 22mb patch in 50 seconds.

Edit - that works out at about 1.5 gb an hour I reckon

Edited by Cookyman

I'd like something like that but I can't spend that much money. All I want is something that'll give me a respectable connection for games and download a gig per hour (or faster)

Well make sure your actual connection is ok first. Then your router. ADSL varies. average speeds arent high.

Is anything wired to the router?

Rumor: PS3 Motion Sensing Remote Completed and Looking for Some Love

We've heard the whispers and hints for quite a while now, but we can finally lay the doubt to rest. Our source, which has a superb track record for accuracy, has informed us that Sony is not only developing a PS3 motion sensing remote to combat Nintendo's Wii Remote, but it's already finished. In fact, our source has informed us that Sony is reaching out to key third-party publishers and asking them to implement last minute functionality into their soon-to-be released games and of course compatibility with select future games.

It is unknown as to whether or not Sony's "Remote" will be superior in any way to the Wii Remote. Will it mirror the functionality of the existing Wii Remote or rather the upcoming Wii MotionPlus? Needless to say, this certainly goes against the early criticism Sony had for Nintendo when they first unveiled the Wii Remote. First they released the Sixaxis controller (Dual Shock 3) with limited built-in motion sensing functionality and now a full-blown PS3 Remote. Please note that this will not become the new standard for PlayStation 3 games, but rather an added option for select games.

Because it isn't officially announced by Sony, we're going to label it as a rumor. Regardless, anticipate that Sony will officially unveil their second attempt at a solution to the Wii Remote either before E3 or during their E3 press conference. Given that they're already offering it to select publishers, expect a short list of compatible titles to be announced as well.

http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=9683

Sony announcement tomorrow!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist posting it. :heh:

Although I can't help wondering how this might help the Wii if it were true.

Why create such a remote? It makes little if any sense. Developers have stopped trying to shoe horn sixaxis into everything and now use it subtlety and sparring in ways that do offer something different.

I think it makes quite a lot of sense. Buzz uses it's own controllers. Eyetoy has it's own games. If they released it in a pack with a game, like how Buzz is done they could sell games through PSN and the like.

Not that I care though. :heh:

I think it makes quite a lot of sense. Buzz uses it's own controllers. Eyetoy has it's own games. If they released it in a pack with a game, like how Buzz is done they could sell games through PSN and the like.

Not that I care though. :heh:

But the Buzz controllers are a relatively cheap pack in and eyetoy doesn't have all that much, although love the look of eyepet..

But the Buzz controllers are a relatively cheap pack in and eyetoy doesn't have all that much, although love the look of eyepet..

Yeah, but if it means you can tap that market then I don't see it as a bad move at all. If WiiFit can can sell almost 20 million units at the price it is I think this could work, if Sony did go that way.

Well just finished installing my sexy new 320GB hardrive! :grin:

I feel so free not having to worry about running out of memory! yay.

Welcome to the club. :grin:

Now you can go download mad.

Yup 320gb drive here too - get an enclosure for your old drive and use it as an external one!

By the way i was dead on about the PS2 price cut. For the US. :grin:

I fail at Socom - it's just not knowing what to do and fluffing the controls up! It's frustrating because I see an enemy but can't act quick enough to get some shots at him.

Its easy. Shoot him!

Got the game last night.

May also get other stuff. Have a £40 HMV giftcard.

Have a medal for predicting the obvious. :heh:

I wonder how this will effect the emerging markets.

Do you think it will much? Obviously makes it more affordable to them, but won't piracy still be rife? So therefore not having any real pull for publishers to release more games there.

I see things like Zeebo much more cheaper and accessible ways of hitting these markets. The distribution via phone networks means all you need is electricity and a TV to access the games. In a lot of the emerging markets phone networks are more widely accessible than broadband. It's pretty much a piracy killer as you have to be connected to the network to play the games. It's another take on the digital distribution system. Once 4G networks become available as well we could see a rise in such consoles, another form of cloud gaming.

I still think it seems crazy that only the US, Japan and EU account for the majority of game sales....

PS2 still sells alot. Here in the UK you still find games being sold in shops. Though GAME the biggest retailer only do second hand.

In developing countries it should do well but i dont think they will get a price cut. No price cut for the UK either.

yeah i keep thinking of getting one as got copies of MGS 2 and 3 to play plus want persona 4. no room for it tho really but big old ones are like £30 in game.

lol. £30 is a joke. Buy online. Persona 4 is £9.99 with soundtrack cd for example.

Do you think it will much? Obviously makes it more affordable to them, but won't piracy still be rife? So therefore not having any real pull for publishers to release more games there.

I see things like Zeebo much more cheaper and accessible ways of hitting these markets. The distribution via phone networks means all you need is electricity and a TV to access the games. In a lot of the emerging markets phone networks are more widely accessible than broadband. It's pretty much a piracy killer as you have to be connected to the network to play the games. It's another take on the digital distribution system. Once 4G networks become available as well we could see a rise in such consoles, another form of cloud gaming.

I still think it seems crazy that only the US, Japan and EU account for the majority of game sales....

First I've heard of this Zeebo thing. I guess Sony are wanting to establish the Playstation brand there and with something like 1900 games it's not in too bad a position.