Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Just bought a PSP slim with Patapon and Monter Hunter Freedom :D

Charging it now

OOOOhh I'm not the only new PSP owner on the forums now! I'll be interested to hear what monster hunter is like am tempted to get it after I complete crisis core...

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Downloaded the first episode pack for Siren and it scared the hell out of me! I love what they've done with it, breaking it up into really tense scenarios. Anyone else been playing it recently?

Aye, bought the full download on release, pretty awesome game! Well worth the £19.99!

Currently on chapter 11 at the moment, liked the twist at chapter 7 or 8. Game does scare me though, luckily I play it with someone else in the room, otherwise I would shit myself xD

NO.

NO.

NO.

NO.

Monster Hunter Freedom is just god damn evil.

(and shit.)

LIES!!!

To be fair though it is an aquired taste and if you do get into it ( like me ) you will find that it slowly takes over your gaming life. I have easily put in over 500 hours on the PSP versions of the game and probably the same on the PS2 one but then that one was online. If you download the proper program you can play Freedom online aswell.

Aye, bought the full download on release, pretty awesome game! Well worth the £19.99!

Currently on chapter 11 at the moment, liked the twist at chapter 7 or 8. Game does scare me though, luckily I play it with someone else in the room, otherwise I would shit myself xD

I know! I was really scared hiding in a cupboard having a Shibito walk slowly up to it and stare at me. The way the controller vibrates as your heartbeat aswell is genius. I love scaring myself like that though, so was playing it alone in my room. The PS3 needs more old school survival horror I reckon.

Is that site a good one to order from??

I NEEED Disgaea 3 in my life now!!

It's the official store, so I guess so, that set isn't coming anywhere else.

Will the PS3 register trophies from the US version and will there be paid for DLC in Disgaea 3?

They will be download I think if the Japanese is anything to go buy, but yo ucan always buy PSN cards off ebay if you want to buy US stuff and you don't have a credit card :)

Monster Hunter is a very marmite game, you will not be inbetween, you'll like it or hate it, that is the only option, I liked it myself, but only when playing with friends.

http://kotaku.com/5033332/users-report-firmware-242-causing-ps3-failure

Hmmm... I wonder if this is what broke my PS3.....

I hope it's just a hardware fault I really don't fancy it happening again.

Oh dear, had u downloaded this before ur ps3 broke? (i can't remember when it came out)

Anyone else had problems since this update? Mine seems to be working fine.

OOOOhh I'm not the only new PSP owner on the forums now! I'll be interested to hear what monster hunter is like am tempted to get it after I complete crisis core...

I'm thinking about getting a PSP but I really know nothing about it. What stuff should I know? Essential hardware to get with it, games I should get, etc?

Edit; My independant research shows up all thats necessary hardware wise is a memory card, yeah? Get an 8gb and that would be me set?

Also, I've come up with a list of games I'm interested in, lemme know if I've missed any I should get. Particularly interested in puzzlers, platformers, maybe action stuff.

MGS portable

Ratchet + Clank

Patapon

Crush

echochrome

Loco Roco

Monster Hunter

Wipeout

God of War

Silent Hill

Daxter

Syphon Filter

I'm not too big on RPGs so I havent bothered with the FF's etc at this point.

I'm thinking about getting a PSP but I really know nothing about it. What stuff should I know? Essential hardware to get with it, games I should get, etc?

Edit; My independant research shows up all thats necessary hardware wise is a memory card, yeah? Get an 8gb and that would be me set?

Also, I've come up with a list of games I'm interested in, lemme know if I've missed any I should get. Particularly interested in puzzlers, platformers, maybe action stuff.

MGS portable

Ratchet + Clank

Patapon

Crush

echochrome

Loco Roco

Monster Hunter

Wipeout

God of War

Silent Hill

Daxter

Syphon Filter

I'm not too big on RPGs so I havent bothered with the FF's etc at this point.

May I suggest Exit as well? Good little puzzle game that I picked up. Crush is awesome good choice there...Final Fantasy Crisis Core is good, its much more an action rpg and I think you might enjoy it...

Because it is fantastic, it's the REZ of puzzle games. You won't understand till you play and are taken in by the music haven.

QFT Lumines is one of the most orgasmic experiences i've ever had playing a game. You just get in a zone and get totally blissed out ^_^ Especially when you can pick the skins to play in Lumines 2.

Why isn't there a Lumines for PS3?! :'(

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!