N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Why the hell didn't they put the key for the Team Pack on PSN this week!? The actually add-on downloaded with the Trophy update, biut there is no fricking key to open it! How incompetent is that!!

And that 15 Bombs trophy is going to be impossible to get. Why it isn't a gold I have no idea.

Still, I'm determined to get it. :heh:

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna try and unlock as many of the normal trophies as I can before I buy the add on Solo pack....

Got the trophy for completing a level without using boost, I didn't even know you could boost lol!

A bit annoyed that Echochrome didn't get released yesterday despite being heavily rumoured.

EDIT

If you want to hear my views on PS2 emulation check out the N4G Radio podcast from 30/6/08 around the 2 hour mark my question is read out! They also "hilariously" pronounce my name in the oddest way as it is my PSN ID but they just pronounced it as its written flameboyne. Heard it this morning on me ipod when I was walking to work!

Only got two trophies left on SSHD. Got "Extra Ship Optional" and "Shock and Awe" earlier. :D

Have to wait for the next pack for one but I am REALLY not looking forward to trying "Late Boomer". The most bombs I've got in bomber mode is 13. It was driving me nuts yesterday!

I've got 25% of the trophies now...but really struggling with the bomber one (downloaded the update), don't have a clue how to do it!

Leave it till last. It is the hardest in the game.

A lot of it is luck.

fair enough. notice your top of a lot of the friends top lists. Mostly people off here. I'm going to beat your scores damn it!

Be my guest. It'd be nice to have some competition! :D

Edit: I got Late BOOMER!!!!!!

Man that was fun/stressful. I managed to get 14 bombs and then those bastard red triangles of death started to land and I though I f*cked. I manage to swerve out the way for about 10 seconds missing rocks by only a pixel's width. Desperation set in, my heart was pumping. Suddenly I see the supply ship halfway across the planet. I boost. I detonate. As two magic bomb tokens hover in infinity, so close yet so far, the universe is coming for me. The massive gold asteroids want me, the myriad of rocky debris want me and the red triangles of death are coming for me, building in number. In blind hope I swoop. 13. 14. 15.

I've done it.

Shock, joy, relief. I've f*cking done it. As the Trophy message acknowledges my achievement, I am blinked out of existence by the force of the universe.

And that, my friends, is the last time I will ever play the "Bomber" mode on SSHD. :heh:

---

Yes, it was as exciting as it sounded.

One more trophy to go. They better release the new add-on soon. I want my Platinum.

Be my guest. It'd be nice to have some competition! :D

Edit: I got Late BOOMER!!!!!!

Man that was fun/stressful. I managed to get 14 bombs and then those bastard red triangles of death started to land and I though I f*cked. I manage to swerve out the way for about 10 seconds missing rocks by only a pixel's width. Desperation set in, my heart was pumping. Suddenly I see the supply ship halfway across the planet. I boost. I detonate. As two magic bomb tokens hover in infinity, so close yet so far, the universe is coming for me. The massive gold asteroids want me, the myriad of rocky debris want me and the red triangles of death are coming for me, building in number. In blind hope I swoop. 13. 14. 15.

I've done it.

Shock, joy, relief. I've f*cking done it. As the Trophy message acknowledges my achievement, I am blinked out of existence by the force of the universe.

And that, my friends, is the last time I will ever play the "Bomber" mode on SSHD. :heh:

---

Yes, it was as exciting as it sounded.

One more trophy to go. They better release the new add-on soon. I want my Platinum.

Whats the last one the co-op one? I'll do it with you...how is it done?

Whats the last one the co-op one? I'll do it with you...how is it done?

Annoyingly I think it is local split-screen co-op. If not, definitely.

It is in the new add-on which was released when 2.4 came out but as soon as 2.4 was removed, so was the add-on.

Just got my rumble controller...does MGS4 not support it? I'm sure i read it does..although nothings rumbling when playing it..unless i'm missing something..lol :)

Make sure rumble is turned on under the MGS4 options screen,

and if that doesn't fix things check under Controller Settings by holding the PS button down for a bit.

Annoyingly I think it is local split-screen co-op. If not, definitely.

It is in the new add-on which was released when 2.4 came out but as soon as 2.4 was removed, so was the add-on.

ah bummer...hope they get it back up...

EDIT

Codemasters not giving trophies for grid;

Codemasters is, sadly, the latest developer to be added to the list of those who won't be adding trophy support to their already released titles. On the official GRID forums an administrator has posted saying that they're "currently not planning to restrospectively support PSN trophies - it;s not a trivial thing to add to a game" [sic]. Though this is disappointing, it's not too unexpected. Third party games are the least likely to be patched in. With Criterion showing their contemporaries, hopefully more will decide to rake in the goodwill of gamers by following suit.

Interesting that they don't see it as a trival thing, perhaps they see it has a integral part of a game rather than something trivial they can add later.

From what I've read, Super Stardust doesn't have a Platinum trophey. Much like with Xbox Acheivement points, where the DLC games are only worth 200 points (Compared to 1000 for a full game), the Downloadable PS3 only contain Bronze / Silver / Gold tropheys. I'm not 100% on this, but I was told pretty reliably.

I've just got the co-op trophey left on Stardust now, need to get a mate round when possible I guess, and download the add-on of course. Feel I need to get my hands on it though :P, should be much fun.

The bomber trophey was an absolute joke, really you have to blow up the first two ships with just one bomb to stand a chance. Good feeling once you've done it though.

You get the platinum Trophy when you get every other trophy in a game. That is standard across the board.

I didn't do the one bomb two ship thing and I wasted another on a load of green rocks in hope there would be a shield, which luckily there was.

You get the platinum Trophy when you get every other trophy in a game. That is standard across the board.

I didn't do the one bomb two ship thing and I wasted another on a load of green rocks in hope there would be a shield, which luckily there was.

Like I said , the guy who said this could easily be wrong.

I've not yet seen anyone with a platinum trophey for Stardust though, nor do I see it listed on the trophey list. It may not be listed and just be a standard thing, but I'm not sure atm, would make sense for the smaller games not to contain these things.

I do remember them saying smaller PSN games would not have a platinum, guess it depends what is classed as big enough to get one.

EDIT;

by the way daft is the playfire gamercard/profile thing auto updating or does it have to be done manually?

I do remember them saying smaller PSN games would not have a platinum, guess it depends what is classed as big enough to get one.

EDIT;

by the way daft is the playfire gamercard/profile thing auto updating or does it have to be done manually?

Ah, ok, my bad. Shame that. I'm crap at getting achievements/trophies so this is the probably the only game I'll get them all in. :indeed:

It's totally manual. I only did it because I knew which one I didn't have. Unless it becomes automatic I'm not gonna do it again I don't think.

Edit: Just snooped around T'internet and you guys are right. Fair enough I suppose, still a bit lame. I hope they release the trophies for PAIN soon. That game would be a lot better with trophies and I need my dose of trophy hunting. :p

So guys, is the "Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection" definitely not going to get released in Europe?

Really want to buy the fourth one, but I only have played the second one, so think it would be wise to purchase the first and third one.

Is Twin Snakes a direct remake of the original PS1? Might pick that up first (Shame about the price's on ebay! xD)

Heres a great look at the Naruto demo thats available to Qore users.

Also, dont know if its been posted yet but heres a nice SOCOM vid from GT.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35816.html

yeah saw this trailer, think the game looks awesome. Think Socom will definitly take over from warhawk as the online game of choice when it comes out.

So guys, is the "Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection" definitely not going to get released in Europe?

Really want to buy the fourth one, but I only have played the second one, so think it would be wise to purchase the first and third one.

Is Twin Snakes a direct remake of the original PS1? Might pick that up first (Shame about the price's on ebay! xD)

As far as I know defo not coming out. But honestly if you read up on the plot etc... then you won't have to worry to much about playing 4, I think the plot does stand up on its own. I do still plan to go back and play the others.

Finally what I actually came on here to post about....PSP should I get one? Was considering getting the crisis core bundle as there don't seem to be many good bundles doing the rounds for the slim and lite. I won't intitially be using it for it's media stuff so is a memory card essential? Is the slim and lite really that much better than the normal version?

Finally recommend me some games! At the moment I have my eyes on Space Invaders Extreme, God of War, Powerstone, Patapon and Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, also heard rumours of a new MGS being announced at E3...

yeah saw this trailer, think the game looks awesome. Think Socom will definitly take over from warhawk as the online game of choice when it comes out.

As far as I know defo not coming out. But honestly if you read up on the plot etc... then you won't have to worry to much about playing 4, I think the plot does stand up on its own. I do still plan to go back and play the others.

Finally what I actually came on here to post about....PSP should I get one? Was considering getting the crisis core bundle as there don't seem to be many good bundles doing the rounds for the slim and lite. I won't intitially be using it for it's media stuff so is a memory card essential? Is the slim and lite really that much better than the normal version?

Finally recommend me some games! At the moment I have my eyes on Space Invaders Extreme, God of War, Powerstone, Patapon and Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, also heard rumours of a new MGS being announced at E3...

I'm selling my psp, was an inpulse buy a couple of months ago and i never play on it. I have the slim and lite but cant comment on comparision as i have never held the original. Also as far as i am aware you need a memory card to save games.

I enjoyed sega mega collection for my old retro games and also i quite liked ratchet and clank size matters (not as good as ps3 one in my opinion though)

I'm selling my psp, was an inpulse buy a couple of months ago and i never play on it. I have the slim and lite but cant comment on comparision as i have never held the original. Also as far as i am aware you need a memory card to save games.

I enjoyed sega mega collection for my old retro games and also i quite liked ratchet and clank size matters (not as good as ps3 one in my opinion though)

Ah I thought it had 64MB internal memory, is that for firmware etc...

Do you never play on it cos theres nothing to play or simply not enough time?