NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Anyone going to buy mega man 10 when it comes out? I'm tempted, partly because of the difficulty and the challenges in the game.

Anyone going to buy mega man 10 when it comes out? I'm tempted, partly because of the difficulty and the challenges in the game.

I will. Got Mega Man 9 on the Wii, but this one I'll get on the PS3.

Gonna be awesome. Easy-mode will be ignored.

Bought InFamous yesterday. Quite a cool game. :)

The latest ModNation Racers trailer actually looks awesome.

Huh, it would appear that Dave Epke of SCEE tweeted the following:

Vanavond rond 21:00 word er een nieuwe PS3 game bekend gemaakt.Tot nu toe nog geen juiste â€inzendingen†waargenomen.

Or to put it another way, a new PS3 game will be revealed at 8PM GMT. Most likely a certain "secret Sony sequel", ahead of a supposed exclusive reveal.

Guess it's Killzone 3, then.

I thought your second bet was Infamous 2? Sucker Punch are owned by Sony, no?

If it's Killzone 3 with somehow better graphics, that would be awesome.

KillZone 3, expanded and with a more varied colour pallet would be epic.

I'd like them to scrap the campaign, and make the online even better. Keep the aiming, the Cod-style aiming is shite, but just have a lot more maps and classes and abilities etc.

Or just more Killzone 2 for that matter.

Edited by dwarf

I'd have no interest whatsoever if they got rid of the campaign.

Also, get rid of this fucking levelling system that CoD made so popular. It means if you don't level up with the initial wave it's almost impossible to get into.

Personally I found the campaign to be dull. The only decent section was the part where you manned the walking vehicle thing. Maybe if they made it online/split-screen co-op playable it would be decent.

I thought your second bet was Infamous 2?

It was, but I believe Guerilla are the only Dutch studio linked to Sony in any way.

Given Sony's apparent direction it'll probably have Arc support and stereoscopic 3D; they need at least one flagship for that stuff, and if they're announcing the game now it's highly likely to be out this year.

I was feeling a bit meh until you mentioned Arc support, I would love a Killzone where the controls don't actually suck massive balls.

I was feeling a bit meh until you mentioned Arc support, I would love a Killzone where the controls don't actually suck massive balls.

You're so god damn wrong. If you know how to use the guns they are so much more rewarding than Cod. MW2 aiming is so damned easy.

I hope Guerilla stick to their aiming with what they have in KZ2.

That said, using the Arc would be insane. Unless it involved 1 hand holding the side of a dual shock 3. That would be insane in a different sense.

I'm with the headpiece on this one, I must've put around 40 hours into Killzone 2 and I've never felt entirely comfortable with the controls. If the aiming was exactly the same as BFBC2, which still has a decent amount of weight to it, I'd enjoy Guerilla's game a lot more. As is there's just something about the calibration that I simply can't acclimatise to, a bit like Perfect Dark Zero.

New PS3 game isn’t from David Jaffe’s team either

Later today GameTrailers TV will reveal the first trailer for a new PlayStation 3 exclusive game, reportedly from a Sony first-party studio. The game isn’t from Insomniac and it’s not from David Jaffe’s Eat. Sleep. Play either.

David Jaffe is certainly back on the internet, taking guest spots on the PlayStation reality show The Tester, and posting vigurously on his personal blog. And, of course, we love him for it. Now he’s let loose that the latest PS3 game announcement will not be coming from his start-up studio, writing:

“We are working hard on our game and we’re looking forward to showing it to you today on GTTV…oh wait…that’s not us ”

The tease. So cross Twisted Metal off your list and also anything you might be expecting from Insomniac Games, as previously confirmed here at PlayStation University. So who’s left? Evolution? Guerrilla Games? Sony Cambridge? Sony London? Sony Japan? Thinking caps on.

Double damn.

I'm sorry but the Killzone controls are just a matter of know-how. The idea is to not aim down the sight a whole lot, and get used to burst fire and how the gun reacts. I understand how they're 'hard to get used to' but you're probably using the weapons wrong if that's the case.

You're so god damn wrong. If you know how to use the guns they are so much more rewarding than Cod. MW2 aiming is so damned easy.

Yeah, I'm so wrong that GG released a patch to FIX the controls. Also, like Aimless, I put a substantial amount of time into KZ2 multiplayer, and thouroughly enjoyed it........but broken controls are still broken.

Anyway, with Arc support (hopefully) it will be a non-issue and be made of win.

Yeah, they did release a patch... I'm defending them because seriously they are not an issue. To a lot of people they are, and that's probably why I do so well in matches.

Well now I see where I was going wrong, I assumed it was going to be a nice surprise.

Yeah nobody saw that announcement coming

Like an unsolicited punch to the face.

I really like the socom series, so this is good news for me.

And its by Zipper, the original socom creators and MAG developers, nice. The PS3 needs a proper socom game with a single player campaign. Great news.

Edited by MATtheHAT

I really like the socom series, so this is good news for me.

And its by Zipper, the original socom creators and MAG developers, nice. The PS3 needs a proper socom game with a single player campaign. Great news.

After cookyman, you are about the only other person here that thinks like this...