NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

So, wait a minute... my PS3 is getting fixed (again, I might add) and I can pretty much bet it's been wiped clean by now, meaning I'm not currently "synched" nor was I when it hit, so did I just lose all my trophies?

They should all be there. You might have to pop the game in to re-initialise them but they'll be there.

...although, if they've wiped your HDD... I don't know.

Edit:

Sony acquires Media Molecule

Multi award-winning UK studio now fully owned by Sony Computer Entertainment

184_6054_184_5480_184_4967_LBPlanet_pack_front.jpg?i=1267548390

Sony Computer Entertainment has acquired LittleBigPlanet developer Media Molecule for an undisclosed sum.

The multi-award-winning Guildford-based outfit was bought by Sony in a strategic move "to continue to secure excellence in game development for current and future PlayStation platforms."

The acquisition brings Sony’s tally of first-party dev outfits to fifteen, with key studios in Japan, the USA, the UK and The Netherlands.

Under the SCE Worldwide Studios umbrella, Media Molecule joins the likes of Naughty Dog, Evolution Studios, Guerrilla Games, Polyphony Digital, SCE Japan, SCE Santa Monica and Zipper Interactive.

In announcing the acquisition, SCE Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida offered high praise for the UK outfit.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/34010/Sony-acquires-Media-Molecule

Edited by Daft

So I've randomly lost a Heavy Rain trophy somewhere...because I was at 20% now I'm at 17%...hmm odd...guess its as a result of the time fuck uping bug.

It's Resistance 3.

Geoff Keighley said it would be a surprise, ergo it cannot possibly be surprising. R3 is the least surprising option, therefore it must be that. My logic is flawless.

I was going to say that (in a different way). If it is, and if the game really does look as good as Keighley hints at, then I'll be chuffed.

Did they say it was going to use a new engine?

I always thought Resistance looked a little rough around the edges.

Well Insomniac hinted at their change in focus going from 60frames per second to better graphics at 30fps. Then Keighley said something like 'you think GoWIII looks good? Wait til you see what Sony has in stoor soon.

Though Keighley's a good lad, he's probably bullshitting for (s)hits & giggles.

I just want to see that Twisted Metal game that's pretty much confirmed as being made.

I just want to see that Twisted Metal game that's pretty much confirmed as being made.

Yeah I reckon thats certainly coming soon. Jaffe was on 4 Guys 1up a couple of weeks ago and pretty much confirmed it through hypothetical situations of a game with cars and combat.

My new hard drive came today. Just backing up my old one and I get the fun of taking my PS3 apart and praying everything works afterwards.

Oh joy.

My new hard drive came today. Just backing up my old one and I get the fun of taking my PS3 apart and praying everything works afterwards.

Oh joy.

It's really easy! Don't worry as long as your careful with the screws as they have really light threads and you can wear them down.

It's really easy! Don't worry as long as your careful with the screws as they have really light threads and you can wear them down.

Yeah I read that. Had no problem with the screws at all. Just formatting the new drive now and restoring the backup. Seems ok so far.

Never thought I'd be able to backup all my PS3 stuff (minus a few chunks of intalled game date) to a digital camera memory card. The joys of technology!

It's Infamous 2!

I would actually put that just after R3 in the likeliness scale.

Also, anyone who thinks God of War III looks "like skank" must have been born without eyes. It's like saying Uncharted 2 looks bad: opinion doesn't cover it, you're just factually incorrect.

Also, anyone who thinks God of War III looks "like skank" must have been born without eyes. It's like saying Uncharted 2 looks bad: opinion doesn't cover it, you're just factually incorrect.

Yeah, I was being deadly serious. ;)

It's Infamous 2!

Would love to see this, Twisted Metal or KillZone 3. I'm sure it'll be Resistance 3, though. Not that that's a bad thing.

Anything but Infamous 2 and I'll be happy.

Except maybe a sequel to this:

938258_84750_front.jpg

I heard it was Final Fantasy XV.

I hope you heard wrong. What gave you that idea?

I hope you heard wrong. What gave you that idea?

My brain?

Sometime I hear voices.

PS3 is now upgraded. Win.

After reading some of the knuckle draggers comments on various tutorials, I was expecting it to be a pain in the arse. Turns out they were just retards.

Backup to FAT fomatted device

Put most recent system update on same device in a folder called "UPDATE"

Cram the new hard drive in. (Actually using the right sized screw driver. I fail to see how anyone can manage to round off the screws)

Startup with device attached

Follow instructions

That's literally it. If you don't want to backup your shit, it's even easier.

I would actually put that just after R3 in the likeliness scale.

IGN's score agrees with you...wait for it (if it's real, what i've seen).

It's not Resistance 3, Insomniac has confirmed that this morning...supposadely the game has already been revealed by a 'billboard' sign in a movie or something..strange thing is, i thought that was Resistance 3? haha

Yeah, the billboard was for Resistance 3; it showed the logo complete with New York trappings.

Perhaps Sony make a habit of leaking game announcements via film sets?