NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Has anything been said recently about the PS3 ports of Castle Crashers, or Tales of Vesperia(SP)?

Has anything been said recently about the PS3 ports of Castle Crashers, or Tales of Vesperia(SP)?

Castle Crashers for PSN: Progress Report

Hello PlayStation.Blog residents. Emil Ayoubkhan here from The Behemoth. We were graciously granted access to the blog to update everyone on our progress with Castle Crashers for PSN.

I’m here today to talk about our new volleyball minigame that we will be including in our upcoming version of Castle, but before I get into that, let’s talk about the release date. This is pretty straightforward actually as we don’t have one yet. We’re looking to finish sometime this year and as soon as we can narrow it down to a specific month, we will be able to talk about this more.

4386086189_c0b65aa964.jpg

Now back to the to volleyball minigame. Here are some of the finer points:

• Play co-op or vs your buddies
  • Local or online play
  • From 1-4 players per team for up to 8 player matches
  • Variable stats based on character
  • Use magic attacks to place 8 new magic status effects on the volleyball
  • Cool new serving and spiking moves
  • Available AI teammates or opponents
  • Play as any character you have unlocked
  • Play 1, 3 or 5 matches against your opponents
  • Leaderboards to track the best in the land

It’s basically like playing volleyball with your friends but you get to replace good sportsmanship with explosions, magic, and weaponry. As we get closer to the release, we’ll start revealing some more features and additions. What will they be? How will they work? What will they do? Stay tuned for more.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/02/25/castle-crashers-for-psn-progress-report/

It's not a network error, it is a hardware fault. If you do not have a slim or a newer 80Gb model, do not switch your console on.

It might have something to do with the date (leap year and all) but best play it safe an don't switch it on.

Not using my PS3 is going to be hard. I's how I watch my downloaded series on TV, I've got two blu rays on rent and I desperately want to play through Heavy Rain again.

...I guess I could complete Mass Effect 2...

......naaah.

This is megafail. I have an 80GB model, I daren't even turn it on.

Yeah im gonna leave mine off for today until I hear more on it, thankfully twitter seems to be keeping me updated. Shame though as I was gonna start a new game on Heavy Rain today.

If we do get a patch to fix this I really hope its not a big one, im only connecting to the net today at 240k so it'll take me long enough as it is!

This is megafail. I have an 80GB model, I daren't even turn it on.

I think there's a way to check with the model number if your one will be effected or not.

Edit: Here's a useful post from the Playstation forums.

Here's what's going on right now: something with the PS3's internal clock has borked in some pre-slim models. This is not a PSN issue; it has to do with your PS3's clock. This clock is NOT related to the OS clock. It seems to be a leap year bug. Setting your clock ahead will do nothing. All PS3s around the world were affected at the exact same time.

Does this affect me?

-If you have a Slim PS3, you're good to go. Continue playing it as normal.

-If you have a "fat" PS3, you may be affected. Some fat PS3s have worked ok, but it seems a good majority have been bugged.

What does this bug mean?

-If affected, your date and time has been set to a random past date. This prevents you from signing into PSN, playing any PSN games, or using any DLC. Your trophies will also not display correctly or be able to sync.

How do I fix it?

-You can't. Even if you don't sign into PSN, it won't help. This is a hardware issue.

So, what do I do?

-Wait 24 hours. Other products that have had similar bugs have corrected themselves after the "bugged" day. On Monday around 8pm central time, all PS3s will automatically correct themselves...maybe.

-If that doesn't work, we'll need a firmware update from Sony, which should be a pretty important priority for them right now.

Did I lose my data/themes/etc?

Your save data/games/dlc/themes are fine. They'll be fixed when the PS3 is fixed. Trophies are uncertain right now, but they'll be fine if you've synced them before the PS3 was bugged. Unsynced trophies are an unknown right now.

If I have a bugged PS3, can I still use it?

It's probably not a good idea, as I have no idea what will happen to the trophies you earn during the bugged time. Movies/media will work fine.

Edited by Daft

I have heard about this is it really true?!!!! What a shitter if so, theres people on forums like 1up reporting that game saves breaking and trophies being wiped out.

Apparently people are saying the PS3 will fix itself, tomorrow after midnight.

Apparently people are saying the PS3 will fix itself, tomorrow after midnight.

Most of that is just guesses as they are comparing that to the problem the Zune apparently had recently. Sony themselves have said theyve "narrowed down the possible reasons" so we dont know just yet

Edited by Happenstance

What's that about unsynced trophies? Do trophies not sync with PSN automatically when you get them as long as you're online?

Just remembered I switched my PS3 on this morning to take a rental disk out.

It's borked now. :heh:

What's that about unsynced trophies? Do trophies not sync with PSN automatically when you get them as long as you're online?

Dont think so, I was trying to compare mine with Goafers yesterday and it hadnt registered his Heavy Rain ones yet

Most of that is just guesses as they are comparing that to the problem the Zube apparently had recently. Sony themselves have said theyve "narrowed down the possible reasons" so we dont know just yet

Maybe you're right, but that's pretty much the only thing it could be.

Maybe you're right, but that's pretty much the only thing it could be.

Oh yeah I agree thats most likely what it is, especially considering its happening to everyones at once even if its offline.

Just gotta hope it doesnt do too much damage to saves etc for the people who have turned theirs on today with the dates messing up and things getting corrupted because of it.

My PS3 is telling me its the 1st of January and 0:17am. And some of my Trophies are gone, including my entire Borderlands collection (two off the Platinum). BORKED!

im scared to look although i did play Heavy Rain all day yesterday without a hitch. I have the PS2-free 40gb PS3

Which ones do you guys have?

Random question, but are PS3 leader boards hackable?

The reason I'm asking is because my friends say that they are because there are some people on Wipeout HD with a 10sec completion time using no boosts.

And on COD there is one guy with over 400 kill streak.

Sounds weird with that Playstation 3 bug, but it can't be a leap year bug, since 2010 is not a leap year. The next leap year is 2012.

It's like the Millennium Bug, except something actually happened.

Yeah, I read that. That guy is a real fucking idiot.

The PlayStation 3 has an internal device which can communicate while the system is off. Now some may say that device could be bluetooth or infrared but the thing is these devices have limited range and even if someone hacks in to the system, they can’t do at a global level. There is some weird device in our PlayStation 3 that is enabling someone to control and making it act in a crazy manner.

Some weird device? What the fuck?

Here's my theory.

alien_asgard_stargate.jpg

Aliens did it.

I noticed last night that my trophies wouldn't sync...so guess this might have been related to this somehow...sigh sony sort this out...