NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

wish my PS3 was BC as would be all over Persona 4...should get a PS2 really got a copy of Metal Gear Subsistence waiting to be played.

wish my PS3 was BC as would be all over Persona 4...should get a PS2 really got a copy of Metal Gear Subsistence waiting to be played.

Yes go for it. I have a PS3 BC and PS2. Both get use. Did yakuza 2 and Persona 3 on it recently.

Might have to dig out the PS2 from the attick because someone is letting me borrow Substinence. Only one on the consoles I haven't played.

I just got my first Platinum trophy! :D

It was on WWE Legends and was pretty easy actually. Sadly its on my work PS3 so i cant enojy having it on my home profile. Ah well, it felt good all the same. I never have time usually.

Resistance 2 is getting a patch and some paid DLC on Thursday. That in itself doesn't really interest me, but what does is that the patch will allow a second local player to log into their PSN account, meaning both players are online via the one machine and updating their own profiles. Again this doesn't really affect me, but it would suggest that we could see a firmware update in the next few days as Insomniac have previously stated that having two players logged in at the same time was a technical impossibility.

It might just be that Sony have changed something in the backend of the PSN to allow this new feature, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see some new firmware functionality rolled out in the next day or two given we're in the midst of GDC. Even then it might not be anything very interesting — yes, I'm being very careful here — but you never know.

^ That's awesome news, may have to buy it and get back into it.

I always thought the co-op competitive mode was brilliant, so I guess it's cool news that you can do the PSN on one system thing, although I won't be needing it.

Resistance 2 is still my overall favourite online game.

You may remember a few weeks back I was gutted with the loss of my online skills on this, well the news of DLC made me play it just then and I somehow I found all the know-how again. It was a tad laggy but I came first in a team deathmatch with 36 kills. 10 ahead of 2nd place.

I don't know if it is this that makes the online mode seem more fun to me but there's something about it which nails pretty much every aspect. Almost every game on it I end up finishing, it is always fun and engaging - it's brilliant. KZ2 is also great, it's just I always find with Resistance that it is more enjoyable.

Just checked my emails today and discovered this!

Dear George Cook,

We are pleased to inform you that your order has been dispatched by our team in Basingstoke.

Thank you very much for ordering from us here at gameplay, you should receive your package in 1 - 3 Working Days.

This dispatch contains the following:

Qty Description

1 Rock Band 2: Solus Software [PlayStation 3]

This email was sent at 8:45 this morning! - means I'll probably have Rock Band 2 tomorrow! Nice one Gameplay!

:bouncy:

Resistance 2 is getting a patch and some paid DLC on Thursday. That in itself doesn't really interest me, but what does is that the patch will allow a second local player to log into their PSN account, meaning both players are online via the one machine and updating their own profiles. Again this doesn't really affect me, but it would suggest that we could see a firmware update in the next few days as Insomniac have previously stated that having two players logged in at the same time was a technical impossibility.

It might just be that Sony have changed something in the backend of the PSN to allow this new feature, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see some new firmware functionality rolled out in the next day or two given we're in the midst of GDC. Even then it might not be anything very interesting — yes, I'm being very careful here — but you never know.

It could be LBP style profiles. It tracks progress and trophies correctly already.

Namco Bandai is working on a PlayStation 3 version of Katamari Damacy for release later this year, according to the latest issue of Famitsu.

Translations from Siliconera and Kotaku agree that Katamari Damacy Tribute, as it's known, will run in full 1080p.

However, it sounds like a partial remake, with more in-game items, a new black-and-white stage, and a new game mode, along with familiar tunes like Everlasting Love.

Either way, it's a good excuse to dig out the soundtrack again. And let's hope the results are more We Love Katamari than Beautiful Katamari

Source:Eurogamer

Source:Eurogamer

Sounds nice. :)

there are other games announced in Famitsu as well.

Here's some more details about the awesome looking Fat Princess.

The matches -- pitting the people playing on the three TVs against each other and 29 bots -- was taking place on the same map I has seen at E3 called Black Forest, but even so, it was cool to see how far the game had come. To begin with everything was brighter and cleaner. Now, the game looked good before, but now there's just a slick feel to it as the gears and pipes of the hat-producing machines flutter on the screen and as your team storms the gates of an opposing enemy castle.

Got wood?

Still, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. See, there are five classes in Fat Princess, but you don't need to choose what you want to be before you set out in a match. In your base, a multi-tiered castle with plenty of defenses and a holding cell for your female prisoner, you'll find several machines pumping out caps for your men. When you pick one of these distinctive hats up, you take that class for as long as you survivor or until you grab another piece of headwear. Now, each of these caps comes with its own set of benefits. When you pick up the horned cowl of a warrior, you'll get a six-heart life bar, gnarly sword, and shield to protect yourself from incoming attacks. Choose to be a heavenly cleric, and you can heal you allies. Pick up a villager hat, and you can chop down trees and mine metal so that you can upgrade your base.

My gameplay demo actually focused a lot on this upgrading ability -- which is something I had never seen in this amount of detail. While jogging around the eye-popping green ground and clear blue stream, your villager can pick up the aforementioned wood and metal and you'll see those resource totals grow in a top-right, onscreen meter. Back at base, you'll come across little spots with padlocks on them. These icons signify that you can work some building magic on the spot and create or improve what is already there. See, sometimes building will be as easy as creating a seesaw catapult that can rocket your men across the map into the enemy's base, but other times you'll be able to upgrade the machines that are pumping out class caps. Each class has three levels of use and each comes with power-ups that will change the face of the game.

While the resource-gathering villagers might not be something to fear at Level 1 (they can only slap opponents), they'll be able to toss out explosives once you level that particular machine up. The warriors and their swords are nothing to mess with in any arena, but once their devices start spitting out upgraded hats, they'll be able to wield a glaive so that they can slice through the competition in a full-on run. Upgrade you're ranger (see: archer), and you'll get a sweet-looking musket.

Even as you're adding in these levels and changes, Fat Princess seems like it's going to be simple enough for anyone to jump into. You can charge an attack by holding Square (you can run while doing this), L1 will lock onto enemies and give you a short and sweet health summary (green hearts with smiling faces are good to go; yellow hearts with a plain face are damaged; and red, sad-face hearts are on death's door), and R1 allows you to strafe across the map.

Aside from getting to play the game, the lounge actually gave me the chance to goof around with the game's menus and setup. First off, the whole thing is stylized in this cartoon motif so that when you check out the tutorial section you're paging through this storybook, but beyond that, the entire setup has a very tongue-in-cheek. Leaderboards are under "Bragging Rights," options are "Twiddly Knobs," and your personal statistics -- all 15 pages that document things from the number of games played to multiplayer stuns to single-player fire power-up kills -- are termed "Why I'm Awesome."

The characters in Fat Princess are simple guys to fit the simple environment, but you're welcome to fool with your character as you see fit. Under the "Get Fabulous" option, I was able to change skin color, make my eyes go from green to blue to brown, and modify what kind of facial hair my guy was rocking. Pigtails and mullets are possible for hairstyles, but I stumbled upon the "baldy" option and the ghostly white skin and something tells me you're going to see a lot of Kratos clans running around this game.

Fat Princess is set for a summer release and should launch with six maps. Personally, I can't wait. I dig that you score points for killing bad guys but also for committing to your role of villager and upgrading the hat machines, the game's a breeze to jump into and a blast to play -- nothing says fun like decapitating your friends and watching their blood gush across an Animal Crossing-like world -- and I can see me putting a lot of online hours into this one. Look for a video preview of Fat Princess this week on IGN.

Here's some more details about the awesome looking Fat Princess.

Yeah it sounds great.

Rag Doll Kung Fu as well: Out on 9th April.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/965/965774p1.html

The Agency and DC Universe Online are coming 2010. Worth it imo if the games turn out better. There have been too many rushed MMO since WOW.

http://www.psu.com/The-Agency-and-DC-Universe-Online-arriving-in-2010-News--a006781-p0.php

My playfire trophycard works!

Tegg.png

PS3 Trophies

There is also http://www.ps3trophycard.com/

Both sync with playstation.com both are more customisable in some respects.

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

Anyone get the second Xi fragment?

GDC: 3 spaces a month for Home

In a talk at the Game Developers Conference today, Jack Buser, director of PlayStation Home in the US, revealed that the social network will be launching three promotional spaces a month from here on in.

"You'll see about three new spaces launched a month - I'll be shocked if we ever go under that number, we have so much in the pipeline," Buser said.

He mentioned that a recent "good space" (we're guessing Resident Evil 5) had a quarter of a million visits a week in the US, with 75 per cent of visitors spending more than 10 minutes there - something that far exceeds consumer's usual involvement with advertising, he argued.

Space devlopment takes four to six months, and Sony has new technology that can't be seen in any space currently in Home, Buser said.

Buser's talk, "Developer opportunities in PlayStation Home", amounted to a sales pitch aimed at developers and publishers.

"Online games consoles have had the concept of the friends list for some time," he said, splitting online friends into two groups - those you meet online, and those you know in real life.

"We noticed at Sony a problem with the friends list with the first group - you don't really know them. We wanted a place, a neutral environment, where players could go and really get to know each other outside of the context of a particular game," said Buser.

"If you look at some of our competition, they really struggle with the idea community, how to foster a community on their platform. Home is the true community for PlayStation 3," Buser said.

To back it up, he revealed some figures: Home has crossed the 5 million user mark worldwide (it was 4 million last we heard), of which North America accounts for 2.2 million. Average session duration is around 40 minutes. He declined to publicly state unique users per month or week, or concurrent users, however.

He strongly encouraged developers to consider supporting Home game launching, which he said he expected to take off as quickly, and become as essential to gamers, as Trophy support. "Going forward, it's going to seem like something's missing if you don't have it. I can't stress how important game launching is." Support for this feature is, currently, very limited.

He also talked about the brisk trade in virtual items in Home, and asked marketeers to consider them as a way to advertise and make money while they do it.

Free items were possible, Buser said, but "we always encourage people to do paid items. Why not make the money?" Buser asked.

"What else can you buy for 49 cents? You can't even get a cup of coffee. It's great value for the gamers."

I really like wasting time in home so this is awesome news.

Edited by Daft

Nope but got Rock Band 2 today! woot! - 1% of trophies done!

:grin:

I get disconnected every time I try to access a Gateway. So... no.

I went into Xi and had to search for some bits of paper could only find two...so not been able to do a lot else.

Just updated wallet funds ready for the Resistance 2 DLC. Have enough money for another decent PSN game. Thinking maybe Crash Commando, but not sure.

Crash Commando is great. Strongly recommended. When you get it let me know and we will play online.

Xi i have no clue. I am stuck in a big room with lost of people.

I know this question has been asked many times but i can't really be bothered to search through lots of posts to find the last one.

I have decided to get a new HDD for my ps3 (definatly this time). Can ppl recommend me some stuff? Obviously cheaper the better but i want something reliable so if i have to pay more then so be it. Memory size i dont really mind, just as long as its alot bigger than my shitty 40GB one that is just getting eaten away.

Just updated wallet funds ready for the Resistance 2 DLC. Have enough money for another decent PSN game. Thinking maybe Crash Commando, but not sure.

Whats on the R2 DLC? Might have to download it :awesome:

I know this question has been asked many times but i can't really be bothered to search through lots of posts to find the last one.

I have decided to get a new HDD for my ps3 (definatly this time). Can ppl recommend me some stuff? Obviously cheaper the better but i want something reliable so if i have to pay more then so be it. Memory size i dont really mind, just as long as its alot bigger than my shitty 40GB one that is just getting eaten away.

Yes.

Seagate 500GB 2.5" are the best right now. Come in 7,200 rpm 16MB or 5,200 RPM 8MB variants. Bear in mind the 5,200 RPM version is cheaper and faster than most 2.5" 7,200 RPM drives due to its large platter size.

You also have the 320GB 5,200 rpm Western Digital. Which is nicely priced has good performance. Their 500GB arent bad either but pricey.

Play.com have them but not at the best prices. How much you want to spend is what determines your choice.