NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Ok, i'll give that a try, i would of thought though if it was a cable problem i was having wouldn't it do it on the menu screen as well?

Also i dont actually turn my ps3 'off' i will turn it off but not by the switch on the back, just on the button at the front... Could that cause any problems???

Wouldn't have thought so...

I saw some GFX issues with some PS3's on Youtube, have a look at some of them. However, none of the comments said anything about fixes. If it keeps on happening call Sony ;) Or if it's within a year old, video it on your phone and show them in the store you got it from, they should exchange it for you. (Gamestation changed mine srtaight away).

Shin Sangoku Musou Multi Raid (Monster Hunter Warriors) has been announced for the PSP. This new Dynasty Warriors title is based on Chinese mythology and features multiplayer co-op play where players band together to fight hordes of monsters and presumably bosses.

01-noscale.jpg

Okay, I went onto the UK store and I couldn't seem to see any playable demos of note. Also VERY difficult to find them, why there isn't a demo tab I have no idea. Decided to check out the US one and low and behold theres a demo tab and lots of good demos...... Am I missing something here?

Also, though the fifa demo was supposed to be out soon!

Damn, today's PS Store update has been delayed until tomorrow due to technical shenanigans. Was looking forward to some FIFA 09 later on too. For shame!

Okay, I went onto the UK store and I couldn't seem to see any playable demos of note. Also VERY difficult to find them, why there isn't a demo tab I have no idea. Decided to check out the US one and low and behold theres a demo tab and lots of good demos...... Am I missing something here?

Also, though the fifa demo was supposed to be out soon!

SCEE are deaf, dumb and stupid.

SCEE are deaf, dumb and stupid.

Ah, so it is just a case of it being crap? What is it with European branches of gaming companies :)

And fifa tomorrow, good good. Just waiting on Forced Unleashed demo now; definitely getting it on the Wii, lets see if I'm going to get the PS3 version as well; I've heard they're pretty different games.

Yeah, the store is pretty poor like.

I wasn't too keen on the force unleashed demo. It screamed "Wii" to me though! :heh:

Just been playing the NHL 09 demo. Aint played an NHL game since about 1994 so I never had a clue what to expect. I saw the great IGN review so thought I'd try it. OMG OMG OMG It's AWESOME!! :bowdown: And it even has NHL '94 control options in there *faints*

I urge all you sporting fans to try it : peace:

I was really holding off downloading Quest for Booty and waiting for the disc but I cracked this week and not a moment too soon because I would of exploded knowing I've waited this long for nothing. Bring on WipeOut HD!

Well its confirmed, my there is defo somethin wrong with my ps3. Tried what u said tapedeck, changed HDMI wires etc but problem was stilll there. I have taken several pictures on my phone.

Looks my PS3 is goin to be out of action for awhile :(

Well its confirmed, my there is defo somethin wrong with my ps3. Tried what u said tapedeck, changed HDMI wires etc but problem was stilll there. I have taken several pictures on my phone.

Call Sony, they should replace it by the end of the week if it is less than a year old.

Call Sony, they should replace it by the end of the week if it is less than a year old.

Ok, i will ring them tomoz then (i got mine end of jan from GAME). Thanks!

Considering the 360 is ment to be the most unreliable console it is the only one that hasn't broke on me yet, lol.

Just thought Daft, when u sent urs off did u have to do anythin to transfer trophies etc or do sony do that?

I have already put all my save data onto a USB flash drive.

So what do you guys think of HD? Do you think there's much difference in quality on PS3 when you have the HDMI plugged in?

Ok, i will ring them tomoz then (i got mine end of jan from GAME). Thanks!

Considering the 360 is ment to be the most unreliable console it is the only one that hasn't broke on me yet, lol.

Just thought Daft, when u sent urs off did u have to do anythin to transfer trophies etc or do sony do that?

I have already put all my save data onto a USB flash drive.

I didn't send mine off. They arranged a time to come to my house and swap it so I was only really without disk games for four days.

Trophies are tied to your PSN ID so don't worry about those.

You only need to back-up your saves which you've already done.

If you have any questions just ask Sony on the phone. They are really helpful. Best customer service I've come across.

So what do you guys think of HD? Do you think there's much difference in quality on PS3 when you have the HDMI plugged in?

If you have an HD TV I think it is pretty important. I'm playing on a SDTV at the moment until we get the big TV out of storage and games still look fantastic.

I didn't send mine off. They arranged a time to come to my house and swap it so I was only really without disk games for four days.

Trophies are tied to your PSN ID so don't worry about those.

You only need to back-up your saves which you've already done.

If you have any questions just ask Sony on the phone. They are really helpful. Best customer service I've come across.

If you have an HD TV I think it is pretty important. I'm playing on a SDTV at the moment until we get the big TV out of storage and games still look fantastic.

Ok mate, thanks for your help!

Also thanks to Tapedeck for trying to help me out!

Try calling GAME first, they may just give you a swap at the store. Gamestation did with me.

Square-Enix revealed that they would bring over Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for PS2 this holiday 08'.

KH:COM is the PS2 3D remake and update of the game that originally came out on the GBA. Released in Japan earlier this year bundled with Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+, KH: COM is finally coming out in the U.S. with a $29.99 price tag.

Square-Enix taking Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+ apart for usa and europe? :blank:

Square-Enix revealed that they would bring over Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for PS2 this holiday 08'.

KH:COM is the PS2 3D remake and update of the game that originally came out on the GBA. Released in Japan earlier this year bundled with Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+, KH: COM is finally coming out in the U.S. with a $29.99 price tag.

Square-Enix taking Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+ apart for usa and europe? :blank:

Awesome news! Lets pray for a european release.

Wipeout HD priced at £11.99 = pure win.

Definitely picking it up as soon as it (finally) gets released!

Wipeout HD priced at £11.99 = pure win.

Definitely picking it up as soon as it (finally) gets released!

I love the Wipeout series. Wipeout was great if stupidly frustrating but Wipeout 2097 was just a fantastic game! I can't wait for this, been waiting and waiting for it! Is it definitely coming out before xmas?

Just got an e-mail from Sony giving me a code to download the MotorStorm 2 demo!

Did anyone else get it? Haven't been on here in like a week so haven't read back very far, but to anyone that did is it good? Off to download it now.

EDIT: Just read my e-mail more thoroughly, and it says that if you don't get the e-mail fear not as the demo is released on PSN on October 11th.

Yous ure its not your tv. In my case the tv was messed up in HD.

Any mention of PlayTV supporting an HD broadcast, like Freesat HD?

Know what I mean?

Thoughts on MotorStorm: Pacific Rift demo - It's more of the same. In a tropical environment. I'm buying it.