NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I'll be buying a new one soon. I'm putting off downloading Ratchet and Wipeout untill i do as i have hardly any room left.

What size are you? Hard drive that is - jeez that sounded dirty!

What size are you? Hard drive that is - jeez that sounded dirty!

40Gb, about 4gb left. I don't like using up my last bits of space.

40Gb, about 4gb left. I don't like using up my last bits of space.

Another solution for you £25.00 + £3.95 shipping for 160gb hard drive cheapest I've seen Here!

Please Ignore! I don't think this is 2.5" drive

Another solution for you £25.00 + £3.95 shipping for 160gb hard drive cheapest I've seen Here!

thats a bargain..does it defo work with PS3 though?

thats a bargain..does it defo work with PS3 though?

Don't think it will actually - sorry.

But this will work - £29.95 + £7.00 shipping 120GB

Here!

I'd personally go for the 320gb one i posted earlier.

remember you can buy a 2.5" hard drive enclosure for under a tenner so you can use your old drive as an external drive for your pc or ps3 too!

Don't think it will actually - sorry.

But this will work - £29.95 + £7.00 shipping 120GB

Here!

I'd personally go for the 320gb one i posted earlier.

remember you can buy a 2.5" hard drive enclosure for under a tenner so you can use your old drive as an external drive for your pc or ps3 too!

Do u know where from? I might look into it. It could solve 2 of my problems if i get a bigger HDD for my PS3 and have my old one as an external. What ele would i need?

Do u know where from? I might look into it. It could solve 2 of my problems if i get a bigger HDD for my PS3 and have my old one as an external. What ele would i need?

Just type in 2.5 hard drive enclosure into amazon

Just type in 2.5 hard drive enclosure into amazon

'Mike1988uk wins the award for the most stupidist question every asked!'

Lol, i really should of thought of that.

'Mike1988uk wins the award for the most stupidist question every asked!'

Is that a trophy on the ps3? :heh:

Here's the TGS lineup of games from Kotaku

PSP

Sengoku BASARA: Battle Heroes

Shin Sangoku Musou: MULTI RAID

Musou OROCHI: Maou Sairin

KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep

DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY

Clank & Ratchet: Maru Hi Mission Ignition!

Sarugetchu Pipo-Saru Senki

Patapon 2 Donchaka

BLEACH ~Soul Carnival~

Mainichi Issho Portable

Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida or2

LocoRoco 2

THE iDOLM@STER SP

Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2

There will be three unannounced titles from Sony Computer Entertainment.

PS3

Guitar Hero: Legends of Rock

FIFA 09 World Class Soccer

Street Fighter IV

Resident Evil 5

Lumines Super Nova

Metal Gear Online

Way of the Samurai 3

Sonic World Adventure

SOCOM: Confrontation

PlayStation Home

Mainichi Issho

MotorStorm 2

LittleBigPlanet

Resistance 2

WWE 2009 SmackDown vs RAW

Gundam Musou 2

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm

The are unannounced titles as well. One from Irem Software Engineering, one from Konami, and nine from Sony Computer Entertainment.

Im hoping that the Konami project is ZoE3!

Impress Watch technology writer Hiroshige Goto has posted his latest "Weekly Overseas News" at the Japanese game and computing site. The subject, believe it or not, is PlayStation 4!

According to Goto, who doesn't cite any sources, Sony has started investigating the possibility of using the Cell Broadband Engine, the same CPU that powers the PS3, as a base for the new system and is currently seeking developer feedback. While it's possible that Sony will move away from the Cell, says Goto, Sony does appear at the moment to be moving towards an upgraded version of the current PS3 chipset as a basis for the next generation system.

The plan to use variants of Cell in future PlayStation iterations was always in place, explains Goto, which is why Sony invested so heavily in the chipset. However, while the use of the Cell in the PS4 may seem like Sony just sticking with its original plan, the real reason could be that the company in its current form doesn't have the reserves to create another chipset and build all the requisite development tools above it.

Going with Cell has the benefits of keeping production costs down for the PS4 and also allowing cutting game development costs due to a consistent architecture. Sony would also be able to include a smaller chip size from the start, potentially reducing the system's retail price.

The rest of Goto's article is mostly speculation as the highly respected writer considers how much of a performance increase we can expect from the PS4. According to Goto, Moore's Law suggests that Sony could go about including as many as 32 cores in the system (compared to the current 8). However, he doesn't think this is likely. Due to cost concerns, he thinks its more possible that Sony will stop with somewhere between 10 and 20 cores along with a small increase in clock rate. Looking at just the CPU, he says, the PS4 would have 2.x times as much power as the PS3.

Goto also feels that an early PS4 launch could be reasoning for the reuse of the Cell architecture. Assuming Sony wants to launch the PS4 earlier than it did the PS3 in comparison to the competition, going with a new architecture could be tough. According to Goto, it takes at least three years, and more usually four, to go from the start of chip development to an actual product. If Sony wanted a 2011 launch, for instance, they'd have to speed up the process, and one method for that, says Goto, is to use an existing architecture.

IGN

I'm not worrying myself about PS4 at the moment, but that seems to be a weird move, doubt it will happen.

I'm not worrying myself about PS4 at the moment, but that seems to be a weird move, doubt it will happen.

I dont think anyone should be thinking about the PS4 yet and that goes for Sony aswell!

I'm wondering if its not actually PS4 and is infact other devices using the Cell. I hope to god its not true the PS3 is only just hitting its stride...

Thats what i was thinking flameboy. The PS3 should have many years ahead of it yet.

I mean its quite concievable they spent so much money on the technology why not sell it to other companies or subcontract out its use for other types of machines. It is so powerful it doesn't even need to be gaming related.

I mean its quite concievable they spent so much money on the technology why not sell it to other companies or subcontract out its use for other types of machines. It is so powerful it doesn't even need to be gaming related.

Yer very true. Sony do manufacter alot of different stuff.

I had a problem with my headset last night...everytime it synced it would say everything was fine but would not produce any sound and would also cut out what others were saying odd...

Does anyone know where i can get a LBP or a Killzone 2 Beta Key? (Killzone preferred)

I would so be grateful you have no idea! If anyone has one PM me!

Does anyone know where i can get a LBP or a Killzone 2 Beta Key? (Killzone preferred)

for LBP there is a competition running on 1up...not sure if its finished yet or not...

Option 1: Go through a tonne of popular sites and get lucky.

Option 2: Be an idiot and buy one off eBay.

Option 3: Wait for the retail games to be released.

Those are basically your options.

I just had a hype rush. Me and a friend just exchanged PSN games and everything went fine. Anyone got Quest for Booty or other titles here? In exchange I have Snakeball, Wipeout or Stardust for your pleasure. This is awesome!

It's quality and easy. Here's what you do if you want games from me:

- make a new user

- I give you my email address and I make a temporary password that you use

- on the new user, make a new psn ID but choose the existing ID option

- enter my email and temp password

-then go on the PS store and go to 'View Downloads' and you just click on the downloads you want from me.

Then you can allow them to download for free. When giving people games make sure to clear all your billing info so that they cant use it

wanna try? if you have any games that is (btw this only works on up to 5 playstations).

What's quality is that both peope get to keep the game.