NEurope
Coolness Bears

Christmas Trees! Real or Fake?

Which do you prefer Real or Fake Christmas Trees?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer Real or Fake Christmas Trees?

• Real
    • Fake
    • I don't get a Christmas tree!!!
    • Both

Having just set up my Christmas tree while listening to christmas songs i'm starting to get in the mood of Christmas! :D (even though it is pouring with rain outside!)

We more often or not put up our fake Christmas Tree it is easier than a real one as it doesn't drop needles, you don't have to go searching for one (though that can be fun. :heh:) and it costs less. :)

When we do have a real christmas tree however, i find them much more beautiful than the artificial one and it looks and great and smells pine fresh. :grin:

This year we have gone with the fake one and have put the lights on it and it looks good. :awesome:

Do you get a Real or Fake Christmas tree?

And for the Poll which do you prefer? Or maybe you just don't get christmas trees!? :)

I get one of each at home. One of my cats loves sleeping in the artificial one.

Where's the "both" option? :) We've got a little fake one, a larger one and the last two years we've gotten real ones.

Fake ones are better for the lack-of-mess, but real ones smell awesome.

i fake it

...every year.

in fact i've never had a real christmas tree.

it's better for my carpet and my wallet!

..and the environment? i guess...?

there's an evergreen tree in my garden ~ but he's a free-range xmas tree... he gets to go au natural during the christmas period... happy little trees ^__^ (bob ross would be proud!)

..plus i dont really care for "tree smell" ... my mum is a pot-pouri addict so the house will smell like "christmas" whatever i do >__<

We used to go to local forest of sherwood to get a real tree. However we got a new cream carpet one year and we purchased a fake one so we didn't get the mess.

However this year i think we'll be getting a real one again Hurray!

The smell of a real Christmas tree is awesome. Really takes me back to my childhood to.

Real! Cant be beaten!

We had a real one once, didn't do much in the nasal sense. But was a pain in the arse because of the needles falling off.

Fake orgasms/trees all the way.

Real ones are sooooo much better.

But Mum hasn't let us have a real one for the last few years because we have young cats who would totally ruin it, they attack the fake one enough as it is.

Hopefully soon she'll theink the cats are mature enough to get a real one, they are soo much more christamasier!

Never had a real one in our house :(

We have a fibre optic tree, which I shall be putting up soon!

Real ones are sooooo much better.

But Mum hasn't let us have a real one for the last few years because we have young cats who would totally ruin it, they attack the fake one enough as it is.

Hopefully soon she'll theink the cats are mature enough to get a real one, they are soo much more christamasier!

Spray the tree with small amounts of citrus-y stuff (Cats hate the smell of it).

Spray the tree with small amounts of citrus-y stuff (Cats hate the smell of it).

I read that as cyanide...

We have fake ones, it drops enough plasticy stuff as it is, a real one would just get annoying the amount of.. would you call them leaves?

That's just come to me, are they leaves?

..and the environment? i guess...?

Tbh i'm not sure about this one! Surely it's a fairly sustainable thing- trees are planted every year for future demand. Don't think they're hunted too much! If we didn't have xmas, maybe we'd have a lot less evergreens covering the surface? I don't know!

That's just come to me, are they leaves?

Yup. They are leaves.

Tbh i'm not sure about this one! Surely it's a fairly sustainable thing- trees are planted every year for future demand. Don't think they're hunted too much! If we didn't have xmas, maybe we'd have a lot less evergreens covering the surface? I don't know!

Real Christmas trees are massively more environmentally friendly than artificial ones. Real ones usually get replaced by two new real ones.

Tree hunting eh?

It's gotta be pretty hard to hunt down trees.

(well, it is if you're letty or jordan)

I was having this discussion today with a friend.

He gave the whole 'real trees make a mess' argument. Personally the pine needles don't bother me, but even so, it's a small price to pay for the authenticity of a real tree. Not only do they look better, but as has been mentioned, that fresh smell carries such a sense of nostalgia with it.

Always use to have a real one, but now we always have a fake one. The real ones used to mess the floor up something rotten, but then again, so does the fake one we have now. :heh:

For some odd reason my fake tree has picked up the smell of a real tree over the years.

Fake fake fake fake. We've had teh same articial tree for the last 7 years. And it, my friend, is still going strong. (We've still got the one before, but it's a piddly little thing. The newest one is 5ft.)