NEurope
Coolness Bears

Television! Are you watching less than you used to...?

I don't use my Television as much as i used to any more! I used to watch a fair amount of rubbish on TV (mainly on E4 :heh:) but i have noticed my decline in TV watching and i now rarely use my TV except for the High Quality Program that is Heroes. :yay: I sometime miss it though....

Now my TV is used for playing games on and not much else.

I'm wondering why i don't watch as much TV as i used to..

Is it that the shows that are now being made just a load of rubbish? or has the Internet made it easier to access shows without the adverts in between?

Do you feel you are watching less television than you used to? or maybe you feel your viewing has increased? (what shows are you watching? :))

and a side question how many TVs do you have in your house? :D

I never watch TV. Heroes is the only program that has drawn me to the TV since early summer.

Hmm, well I've been using mine quite a lot recently because of I'm A Celebraty XD

But I watch E4 religiously at 7:30pm for The War At Home, 8.00pm for friends, friday is Ugly Betty 9pm, then Katy Brands Big Ass Show at 10pm, Saturdays X-Factor.

I think I watch more now. Most friday/saturday nights I'm in, and I end up watching TV until like 4am while surfing the net rather than playing xbox or wii...

Don't even have freeview yet. If/when we get a ste-top box for xmas, we'll have a few more decent channels to laze in front of :)

We got two TV's in teh house, but the one in my room isn't hooked up to any aerial - meant to be for watching DVD's or playing GC, but i never play GC now, and i never need to watch DVD's in my room with anyone else, so I just use my laptop :/

Fucking ex-girlfriends ruining my tv.

I don't watch TV as much as I once did, due to academic research and the like raping my time, that and getting drunk numerous times.

Another reason for this is my housemates' penchant for downloading American dramas before they appear here, so the TV is used less in that respect.

I only really use the TV to watch Neighbours, a bit of Never Mind The Buzzcocks, and maybe a few other extra programmes.

I currently watch:

- Top Gear.

Next year I'll also watch:

- Doctor Who

- Torchwood

- Battlestar Galactica

- Sarah Conor Chronicles

There are 6 TVs in the house.

Well, I don't have a television at uni, as I don't think a TV license is worth it. I haven't really missed it, in fact I hardly watched TV before I went.

I use it to watch the news and House. Oh, and The Fresh Prince is on in the mornings too, so I put that on while having breakfast. Other than that, I don't really watch tv that often.

The internet gives me what tv doesn't give me: anime, tv shows that don't air here (yet), and the newest information on anything I want.

A bit, depends what's on and how much time I spend playing video games instead and stuff.

I haven't watched any channels in 2 or 3 years, at all, not even half an hour.

I watch tv a lot. Especially this fall there are tons of shows I follow. At least one everyday, and sometimes it's four differents shows.

Since you asked:

Monday: O.C. Season 2, Stargate SG-1 season 3, Heroes season 1, Shield season 1

Tuesday: O.C and Stargate SG-1

Wednesday: O.C, Stargate SG-1, Damages, Las Vegas season 4

Thursday: O.C, Stargate SG-1, Prison Break season 3

Friday: O.C, Stargate SG-1, Las Vegas season 1

Saturday: Peking Expressen

Sunday: Robinsonekspedisjonen season 53795(aka Survivor), Las Vegas season 2

I barely watch any- my taste in American tv being about a billion times more interesting than anything on here means that I tend to keep up with that on my pc as and when it's on first time. other than that, my 360 is the main hobby round these parts

I used to regurlary watch TV with the family many years ago, during the 7:30p.m-10:00p.m timeslot, but that changed due to the Internet. We don't have Freeview or Sky, so all I watch on TV nowadays is Heroes, Top Gear and Have I Got News For You. I would probably watch more TV if we did have digital. There are 4 TV's in the house.

Not sure if I watch alot... use the TV more for the Wii than anything, heh, and even then I don't often find myself playing it. :heh: All I can think of that I watch is Neighbours, Eggheads, any footy thats on and some other sports too. Erm, QI when I remember and I usually watch Friday Night with Jonathan Ross and I think thats about it.

I'll watch Lost and 24 when they return.

When I sit down with a cuppa I usually flick through and see if there are any films on and there never is, nor are there ever any cartoons to watch and very rarely do I find something worth watching through channels 100-300 so I end up watching Sky Sports News.

I hardly use mine. I use it for games, then watching scrubs on E4+1 later in the night. Sometimes I use it for Match of the Day and I havn't watched a DVD on it in a very long time.

I suppose downloading programs, websites have made it much more easier. No annoying 5 minute breaks between episodes of Heroes, etc.

I only ever watch the tv in our living room when we eat dinner. There are hardly any good movies out, that interest me, and if I want a movie I'll get it on DVD earlier then never watch it again. The HD DVD player I'm getting will change that though.

i find my self hardly watching the TV at all, i usually just listen to it whilst on my laptop =]

and i bet illwatch it less when i get my car

I barely watch TV, just watch random stuff when I'm having lunch/dinner. Even if a good show starts, it's hard to keep up with it and I can't stand 30 min long commercials.

Only watch Top Gear on TV now. The other shows like 24/lost/prisonbreak/heroes etc I either download or watch on dvd instead. ^_^

The only channels I frequently watch are Sky Sports News and the music channels.

Programmes I watch are Buzzcocks, QI, any WWE show, and any programme on Anime Central I fancy watching.

I tend to watch a lot, even if I don't like the programme. Haven't been watching as much since I've been at university, but stil catch some CBBC, Newsround and Neighbours. Then either Eggheads or The Simpsons, followed by Hollyoaks. Coronation Street if it's on, Dispatches or something, Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, Holby City, Casualty, various BBC documentaries.

There's a hell of a lot worth watching, even if (in the case of Hollyoaks) I only watch it to laugh it it's ineptitude.