Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Daft

Rumours are pointing towards us getting a surprise game this week...

Geometry Wars 2.

It's already been unofficially confirmed (the creators have released the achievements) and the rumours point towards an official announcement at E3 followed by it getting released in the same week.

This one seems to have quite a few different modes such as Waves, King, Deadline and Pacifism

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's 400, too. Isn't the price one of the big reasons why the first was so successful?

Yes, in retrospect if it was 800 I wouldn't have bought it, tis a good game n' all but it's just y'know... soul destroyingly hard at times. >>

• 3 weeks later...

Heres a nice little touch for those who want Castle Crashers ( who doesnt? :) ) and have Alien Hominid.

If you're planning on picking up Castle Crashers next month (August 27) and were a big fan of developer/publisher The Behemoth's other XBLA release Alien Hominid, here is something for you. Anyone who has or will download AH will be getting that cute, rabid little alien as a playable character in Castle Crashers. The game will recognize its sister-title on your hard drive and immediately unlock the character when you first play.

Also here is the Summer Lineup for XBLA.

•July 30: “Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2” – The latest version of the wildly popular retro shooter offers screen-melting intensity and insane new features, including six action-packed gameplay modes, new enemies, scoring strategies and a diverse list of exciting Achievements. “Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2” is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and will be available at 800 Microsoft Points.

•August 6: “Braid” – From acclaimed developer Jonathan Blow, “Braid” is a mind-bending and artistic puzzle-platformer where the player manipulates the flow of time in strange and unusual ways. “Braid”is rated E10+ for Everyone 10+ by the ESRB.

•August 13: “Bionic Commando: Rearmed” – The classic 8-bit side-scroller reports back for duty in a stunning remake, complete with all-new HD graphics and features that put 2D gaming back on the map! “Bionic Commando: Rearmed” is rated M for Mature by the ESRB

•August 20: “Galaga Legions” – The legend lives on with “Galaga Legions,” a reimagining of the classic arcade shooter. Featuring table-turning game dynamics and updated graphics, the game was created by the team behind the bestselling “PAC-MAN Championship Edition” from Namco Bandai Games. “Galaga Legions” is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB.

•August 27: “Castle Crashers” – Award-winning studio The Behemoth brings red hot arcade adventure to Xbox LIVE Arcade with “Castle Crashers,” featuring hand-drawn characters and an array of weapons to choose from as you defend your kingdom and save the princess. “Castle Crashers” is rated T for Teen by the ESRB.

Guest Jordan

Well... it does have like 8 game modes, co-op and versus play, better graphics, several musical tracks rather than 1.

Its still only £7.99-ish. Cheaper than Galaxies was...

Well... it does have like 8 game modes, co-op and versus play, better graphics, several musical tracks rather than 1.

True...and I just remembered that I still have 800 odd points from getting GTAIV. I think I will get it.

Is it slightly "easier" than the original? not that I don't like a challenge but I found GW was a game that you either owned it all in one playthrough, or just continually end up failing at near enough the same point each time.

So is it better in that respect or more annoying?

Guest Jordan
Is it slightly "easier" than the original? not that I don't like a challenge but I found GW was a game that you either owned it all in one playthrough, or just continually end up failing at near enough the same point each time.

So is it better in that respect or more annoying?

Well, seeing as you only have one weapon, rather than that shitty slow one that you sometimes got, i'd say its easier...

And if you really do suck, grab a friend to help. I would have paied 1200 points if it had online co-op :(.

Guest Jordan

Oh god yes :p

Also, if you own Alien Hominid HD you get a free creature in Castle Crashers thats a little Alien Hominid. Awesome :D

Well, the Evolved mode in GW2 is easier than GW1 - In GW1 I only made it past 1,000,000 once. I made it past that score in one life in GW2, with a total score of 3,500,000ish on my first go on that mode.

And that was on a 14" portable TV with the sun glaring on it. My only options at the moment are that 14" TV with the internet, or a 37" Plasma HDTV with no internet. I wish the game saved the leaderboards each time, and also saved your offline scores (and uploaded them next time you went online).

Well, the Evolved mode in GW2 is easier than GW1 - In GW1 I only made it past 1,000,000 once. I made it past that score in one life in GW2, with a total score of 3,500,000ish on my first go on that mode.

And that was on a 14" portable TV with the sun glaring on it. My only options at the moment are that 14" TV with the internet, or a 37" Plasma HDTV with no internet. I wish the game saved the leaderboards each time, and also saved your offline scores (and uploaded them next time you went online).

Yeah, I wish all games did that tbh.

Also, I think I'm the only N-Europe member to have completed N+ (and gotten all 200 GS), and therefore I claim the title of..

N-EUROPE KING OF PLATFORMERS! :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!