N-Europe

The Christmas Crisp Report 2007

Guest Jordan

You may not know this fellow users, but every year i attempt to track down and sample all possible christmas based crisp products that i possibly can and buy a packet.

This year, i've only been able to find 2 types so far:

• Golden Wonder - Turkey and Stuffing
  • Walkers - Turkey and stuffing

Taste testing happend earlier today (23nd Nov) at work. Me and my college Clint have sampled both and we have come to a unanimous decision.

We found that the golden wonder crisps basically tasted like extremely burnt turkey. There wasn't even a hint of the supposed stuffing flavouring. This left us unsatisfied. After taking a sip of water, we had a taste of the walkers version.

This was a far superior crisp. It actually tasted like turkey with a nice after taste of stuffing. Since i bought both packets, i let him have the golden wonder one, to his dismay.

Verdict: Walkers > Golden Wonder. This time.

So, if you find any variety's please tell me and i will taste them!

are the walkers ones a sensations variety or just your regular, bog standard walkers crisp?

They're bog standard. Thats a good point, i wonder if they'll bring a sensations one out.

I'll be content with some Flamin' Hot Monster Munch or Salt N' Vinegar McCoys, however I'll keep my eyes out for ye.

Both extremely high quality items.

The Walkers Sensation chicken and thyme or whatever it is is already quite Xmassy if you ask me. But i don't like Sensations - they hurt my mouth.

McCoys Specials > Walkers Sensations.

They did some awesome Turkey and Cranberry flavour last year, haven't seen them yet this year.