N-Europe

House of the Dead 2/3 Return

pedrocasilva

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From GoNintendo

Looks like Sega is going to keep this trend with their arcade/console light gun ports. GameStop/EB Games has House of the Dead 2 and 3 Returns for $30. That would match the price they are selling Ghost Squad for. Two games for the price of one cheaper DS title…now that’s a steal.

If its like £20-25 over here I would be a happy man.

What about a Wii version of...

TYPING OF THE DEAD!!!!:p

How about a PC version! Cant seem to find one anywhere. Not looked for a few months though. I got a sniff of one once but the person was selling it (a budget PC release) for 30 quid.

How similar/different is Virtua Cop to Ghost Squad?

Quite similar, almost like an extension of the franchise. Virtua Cop, Confidential Mission and Ghost Squa are all in the same vein. One hit kills anywhere, and it's fast with many enemies.

This is in contrast to HotD. Which is fewer enemies, they're slow, require a head shot or multiple hits.

Hmm, I don't think that boxart is too shabby. The font and figure on the right are typically HotD, so no harm there. The colour combination in indeed peculiar, but it conveys the HotD-atmosphere quite well IMO.

It won't win any awards for it's brilliant boxart, but for a HotD-game, I think it's pretty classy.

And since this is selling for cheap (:yay:), chances are high I'll pick this up. Again. :heh:

Reportedly, it's coming out with a €30-pricetag, if this source is to be believed. (Beware: Dutch!) if this is true, it'll probably retail for €29,99, like Endless Ocean. If your store has fair prices. There are stores here who try to sell Endless Ocean for €45. Good luck with other stores in the street selling it for €30. :indeed:

A calculator later, and this makes for a... errr, £21.6276-pricetag.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheers Helmsly!

Looks almost bang on the original (from what I can tell of HoD 2 stuff) but there are small details in the movement that just makes everything look a lot more fluid. It may be because they are using the arcade rather than the console version.

Also seeing that demon sloth in the video makes me wanna kick his ass again. Damn thing! He killed my creds in the arcade!

I think that the graphics should be improved to a certain extent. Mip-mapping textures, adding some bloom-effects, maybe better lighting effects...

I'll just wait and see what extra content the game will contain before I judge it.

I know that HotD 3 was more adapted for home consoles, while HotD 2 was a pure port. Put together, I think it's fairly good value for your money.

Was typing of the dead ever released on the PC?

Yeah, did a little digging around after posting that. There wasn't a multiplayer option on the PC version, despite having a "Player 2 press return" message flashing whilst playing through the game.

There is a LAN option, but it wasn't technically supported at the time. I think I tried that out at some point without much luck, might give another go if I get chance.