NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Eenuh

Wii games for kids?

Okay, so I got asked by one of my aunts if the Wii was suitable for her grandchildren. There's three girls, the oldest being 6 I think. I have no idea if they have any experience with games, but I kind of doubt it.

Anyway, my question is, are there games suitable for young girls? If so, what games would you recommend?

Thanks! =D

Wario Ware

Mario Party 8

Cooking Mama

Boogie (Not sure)

I'm sure there's more too.

Wario is a little psycho for them, but Rayman might be cool. Or maybe those EA playground games.

But Manhunt would be the best choice.

The problem I see with most of these games is that they aren't in Dutch (as far as I know), so they might be too difficult for them to understand... =/

And I'm sure my family will appreciate the suggestion of Manhunt. ;p

There's that carnival games thing too. But probably best of all is, the most simple one, Wii Sports. Probably a silly suggestion seeing as it comes with it, but everyone of any age seems to enjoy it.

rayman is fun, easy to understand and translated to dutch, it might be fun for the 6-year old. Wii sports would work fine as well.

Warioware might be too complicated for kids.

Most games don't have alot of voice acting anyway, so it doesn't really matter if it's in dutch or not, since they probably can't read yet :p

Aren't there some disney games on wii?

Carnival Games is perfect for this. It's up there with Wii Sports for getting anyone around the Wii. Great fun! And cheap as chips.

Ubi have a pleathora of stereotypical female games coming out soon I'm sure. Involving puppies/horses etc...

Hope this helps. (Carnival Games FTW!)

rayman is fun, easy to understand and translated to dutch, it might be fun for the 6-year old. Wii sports would work fine as well.

Warioware might be too complicated for kids.

Most games don't have alot of voice acting anyway, so it doesn't really matter if it's in dutch or not, since they probably can't read yet :p

Aren't there some disney games on wii?

Nice to hear Rayman is in Dutch; didn't know that. And yes, it's not necessary that all games are in Dutch, but I guess for games like Wario Ware, where that one word you get is so vital, it'd be good to be able to understand it. =P

No idea about Disney games actually. I've seen Pixar ones though (Cars and Ratatouille).

Carnival Games is perfect for this. It's up there with Wii Sports for getting anyone around the Wii. Great fun! And cheap as chips.

Ubi have a pleathora of stereotypical female games coming out soon I'm sure. Involving puppies/horses etc...

Hope this helps. (Carnival Games FTW!)

Is Carnival Games out yet? Haven't heard much of it so I wouldn't know. ^^;

And I think the Ubisoft games you're talking about are on the DS; at least I remember seeing them coming out for it recently. Unless there's Wii versions which I wasn't aware of. =P

carnival games has been out for about two weeks now. It's riding high in the Wii charts too. For good reason (depending on if you've actually played it)!!

My Word Coach is a BRILLIANT excuse for young 'uns to get Wii. (May be too advanced though...as its for 10yrs + above).

Take a look at these upcoming titles and I'm sure 6yr olds will love it:

11/09

EA Playground

Endless Ocean

Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots

Offroad Extreme

11/16 Action Girlz Racing

Bee Movie Game

Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity

Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire

High School Musical: Sing It! (...

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Mini Desktop Racing

My Word Coach

Myth Makers Super Kart GP

Pippa Funnell: Ranch Rescue

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2

Plenty no?

Every Wii game, 'cause nintendo is kiddy, lawll.

On a serious note.

Rayman, definitely.

Wario

Eledees

Kororinpina.

Brain Academy maybe?

No idea about Disney games actually. I've seen Pixar ones though (Cars and Ratatouille).

Disney owns Pixar now.

You should probably stick with movie games, even though they're awful kids like seeing their favorite movies become interactive, many movie games are insanely easy also. Plus most of them translate to more different languages than the average game so you should be able to get them in Dutch.

Wii fits all as long as you listen to the shop keepers advice or get your advice here. also take note of the pegi code!!!

colorfully games don't always mean "kids" and realistic games don't always mean "grownup's "

but games like wiisports, wiiplay, wiifit, mario party are games that can be loads of fun if your 4 or 100 years old

Wii Play is essential. It's a cheap route to a second controller, the games are simple, they teach people to use the Wiimote in different ways, and you get to interact with Miis which I'm sure would be a hit.

Big Brain Academy would probably be a good choice — assuming it's fully translated to Dutch, of course, but I'd be very surprised if it isn't. For one thing it might actually help them at school, and it could also be a good title for your aunt to get involved with.

I'm actually not too sure about Raving Rabbids as some parts of it might be a bit too gross. At any rate the second one is out soon, and although I haven't been following it I'd imagine it will be quite a bit better — there's no Rayman for a start.

As others have said, licensed games would probably be good choices if the girls enjoyed a particular movie or whatever. They're not usually that great, but at their age I was far less discerning about what I played. So long as a game isn't actively bad/not fun then you should be all right.

Wii Play

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Super Paper Mario

Wario Ware

Big Brain Academy

if the kids are into DragonBall, then, DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaishi 2

if the kids are into DragonBall, then, DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaishi 2

Yea if they liked it then they would love the game, controls are amazing and they would get a kick out of doing actions :heh:

Man I want the 3rd one :(

But for kids. Big Brain Academy, Rayman Raving Rabbids 1 and 2,Warioware, basically mini-game compilations.

I've never actually played it...

But Big Brain Academy? Surely this won't be easy or fun for children!? Also, is it in Dutch?

Alright, thank you all for your replies! =D

I think I can give them a nice list of possible games to check out. Things that might be suitable:

- Wii Sports (of course)

- Wii Play

- Rayman Raving Rabbids (1 and/or 2)

- Mario Party 8

- Carnival Games

- Big Brain Academy (maybe, could be fun for the parents)

- any fun Disney/Pixar game

I think that's a good enough list for now. I'll give it to them and hopefully they'll decide on getting a Wii for their kids. =D

Big brain Academy is good for sure to kids :P

It develops theis brain skills and they get better at maths. I don't have the game, but I know that's true.

Love this forum btw :D

it's actually a harder question than you'd think isn't it?

An uninformed gamer might say a mario game but with mario galaxy coming out and the obvious challenge it has i would not recommend it to a child really:)

The best one is wario ware i'd say

Sign in to follow this