N-Europe

Film project ideas?

EEVILMURRAY

Word up ma nizzles.

Next on my uni flavour agenda is a random movie project. I use the term movie loosely as it's a 7 minute [Fiction] or 8 minute [Non-fiction] piece. Hardly motion picture length.

Anyways, it can be on pretty much anything. An initial idea I had was almost a music video to the saucy Billy Joel song "All About Soul", but with an actual story to it, but instead of a changing soundtrack this pretty much had it all.

But I'm straying away from that idea [Which followed a basic story of revenge with some dude setting out to kill another dude who killed his wife] although I'm drawing a very loose storyboard just so I have something to show. But I'm curious, does anyone here have any random thoughts?

I got the idea while cramming the night before the exam. I don't like coffee so I go for Redbull...I basically get really hyper and a bit short on temper. It became a running joke that Redbull is the cause of the rage virus.

I was going to do a series of comics on it but in the end I only did the first one and its not very good:

28_Red_Bulls_Later_by_DaftVice.jpg

I can't do comics on computer properly...:(

I got the idea while cramming the night before the exam. I don't like coffee so I go for Redbull...I basically get really hyper and a bit short on temper. It became a running joke that Redbull is the cause of the rage virus.

I was going to do a series of comics on it but in the end I only did the first one and its not very good:

28_Red_Bulls_Later_by_DaftVice.jpg

I can't do comics on computer properly...:(

Would work better if you replaced the red bull with special brew.

I have some, but I think I'll save them for my writing class thanks :p

How about an adaptation of some random short story? Or do you want something original?

Use them in writing class and give me as well! It'll be our lil secret. PM for maximum privateness.

As for the adaptation, I'm not sure, I'll probably remix it to give it my own twist.

Use them in writing class and give me as well! It'll be our lil secret. PM for maximum privateness.

As for the adaptation, I'm not sure, I'll probably remix it to give it my own twist.

To be honest i have three ideas. One I plan to actually use (and its for a tv series), one that I want to keep because it is something special and I want to work on it and another which involves adapting The Format's 'Dog Problems' album which I doubt interests you as I am sure you've never heard of it.

If I were you I would start with a song. One you particularly love or feel could be adapted and build it out of there. For instance, Postal Services' 'Such Great Heights' could make a good short.

Quality tune :) Postal Service and Death Cab For Cutie's songs are very story-like, and worth a look.

personally, I think you should do something abstract and symbolic.

Maybe have a mate jump out with a bunch of roses wearing a gas mask in front of people in the street, and filming it covertly, multiple times. Sort of thing.

What is your brief?

Quality tune :) Postal Service and Death Cab For Cutie's songs are very story-like, and worth a look.

personally, I think you should do something abstract and symbolic.

Maybe have a mate jump out with a bunch of roses wearing a gas mask in front of people in the street, and filming it covertly, multiple times. Sort of thing.

What is your brief?

Reminds me of an idea I came up with a few years ago (a general idea, not a film idea)

Theres a big hill that leads to the train station (point being its busy) and I thought it would be interesting to go down it, in a shopping trolly, handing out balloons. Pointless, but would be interesting to see how people reacted.

(probably dangerous too)

I had an idea for a play a while back but never got round to writing it. A couple have a row in a supermarket, and then everyone around them starts stepping in, hearing their story and act as judges to who is right and offering there own perceptions. The way these people interact so openly is meant to be a bit surreal. You know how in Annie Hall Woody Allen would just stop people in the street and starting engaging them in deep talks about relationships. Kind of like that. It'd be fairly easy to do.