N-Europe

Scrubs Series 7 Discussion (Spoilers)

LazyBoy

For those who are worried there will be no ending you can calm down...a bit. Bill Lawrance has refused NBC's ideas of quickly wrapping it up (they have seven episodes left to write) and said if it doesn't happen this year it will next, even if its on ABC.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/11/12/wga-strike-scrubs-doesnt-have-a-series-finale/

Why the hell do they start screening seasons of tv programs before they're finished? It's stupid.

Why the hell do they start screening seasons of tv programs before they're finished? It's stupid.

a) they couldn't change due to response

b) everything would be made way before (thus cant be updated due to reflect world events)

c) shows would start much later (or have to film much earlier)

d) new shows live by ratings. networks wouldn't risk paying for whole seasons for something that may get really bad ratings.

And other reasons I can't think of right now.

a) they couldn't change due to response

b) everything would be made way before (thus cant be updated due to reflect world events)

c) shows would start much later (or have to film much earlier)

d) new shows live by ratings. networks wouldn't risk paying for whole seasons for something that may get really bad ratings.

And other reasons I can't think of right now.

D is the only one that's logical to me. Why is time an issue? As long as they started soon after the last season, they could have it done in plenty of time.

D is the only one that's logical to me. Why is time an issue? As long as they started soon after the last season, they could have it done in plenty of time.

Most shows film from July til March.... (granted, with a Christmas break but I'd wager it ain't much)

Just caught up on episode 4 and I liked it quite a bit :) For me Scrubs had it's strongest streak back in the first couple of seasons and has not been very consistently laugh-out-loud funny for a long time. Part of the problem is focusing too much on character depth and drama and not enough on hospital jokes. We no longer follow just a patient's plight but instead are always tied into how it connects to the inner turmoil of one of the main cast. Still, it has it's strong moments still and ep 4 was one for me :) Even though I predicted the ending (as I'm sure many people did) it was still a decent story. The hospital-mexican-wave, the line about "I'll do my job" and Ted's blank papers were all great gags.

Where's episode 5?

Scrubs may have been best in Season 2/3 (the Polyphonic Spree appearance was legendary) but I still think the recent episodes are magical. Cox rants just do it for me.

I really liked the musical too. At first I disliked it because it took up the space of a regular episode, but the musical has great replay value. Love scrubs.

anyone know how many eps we're expecting this season, strike included?

18 was planned.

They have made 12 or 13 so far (I forget).

So if strike continues into early next year, those. If its resolved 18 but with a likely gap.

• 2 weeks later...