N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coogan confirms Alan Partridge movie

Steve Coogan has confirmed that an Alan Partridge movie is in the pipeline.

Speaking to BBC Radio 1, the Night At The Museum actor revealed that "there are plans afoot" to bring his hapless chatshow host to the big screen.

"We are planning on making a movie," he said. "We're talking at the moment. What it is we're not quite sure."

Coogan divulged that a storyline has been decided on, but declined to give specifics. The 43-year-old also acknowledged that the leap from TV to film may dictate a change in approach to the character.

"That's just something you need to be aware of," he commented. "You need to be aware of that and it might mean you readdress the character, make him slightly subtler or build up to it in a different way. But that's certainly something that's going to be on our minds but I think Alan is complex enough to sustain something longer."

Alan Partridge first appeared on the Radio 4 show On The Hour in 1991, later moving to TV with The Day Today, Knowing Me, Knowing You and I'm Alan Partridge.

Coogan, Peter Baynham, Armando Iannucci (the recent In The Loop) and Patrick Marber (Closer) have all scripted Partridge in the past.

Taken From Digital Spy

Buffy Movie Re-boot proposed (Aka like Star Trek and such)

We're talking a brand-spankin new Buffy, as in no more Sarah Michelle Gellar!

The widely popular TV series (based on a little-seen shitty film), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, may be making a comeback to the big screen, but without the help of anyone who made it worth watching.

The owners to the series rights, Kuzui Enterprises, are looking to create a relaunch of the of series, much like the newly vamped (no pun intended) up blockbuster movie Star Trek. The film would have no connection to the TV series, no inclusion of familiar characters, and as for now, does not even include the masterful work of Buffy creator Joss Whedon.

If this actually happens, whoever is responsible needs to die an extremely painful death. Now.

Coogan confirms Alan Partridge movie

I am a massive Alan Partridge fan, but this worries me.

Well, it's not like it can be any worst than the series, is it?

Have I told you lately that I love you?

(sorry Haggis, Buffy and I never mixed well)

Doctor Who sucks.

Doctor Who Movie Confirmed

BBC lets slip that a script is in development.

by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, May 27, 2009 - Hidden at the end of a story about a David Tennant appearance in kid-friendly spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures, the BBC may have just let slip that there will be a new Doctor Who movie.

They report that a spokeswoman for BBC Films confirmed that a "script is in development" for the big screen adaptation.

There aren't any further details, and the story does add that production - if it happens at all - won't get going for a while.

Nevertheless, the news is sure to prompt speculation over what form a Who movie could take, and if David Tennant would play the Time Lord. The Scottish thesp hands over the reins to newcomer Matt Smith next year, but any big screen effort could take place earlier in the Who time-line.

Ghostbusters 3

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/986/986647p1.html

Akroyd Drops Deets on Ghosbusters 3

A few hints about the characters and gadgets.

US, May 26, 2009 - Dan Akroyd recently gave an interview to The Guardian in which he spoke at length about the upcoming Ghostbusters videogame. At the tail end of the piece, Akroyd drops a quick hint about some of the new characters and gadgets that fans might see in the upcoming film.

And now for the supernatural bit:

after coming together for the game, all the players have stated their intentions to go back, and a script is being written by Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, writers on the US Office. According to reports the original cast will act as mentors, handing the company over to a new generation, likely to be from the Seth Rogen and Steve Carell class of actors who are filling up just the same space in Hollywood as Aykroyd and Murray once did. "There'll be a whole new generation that has to be trained and a leader that you'll all love when you meet her," says Aykroyd. "There'll be lots of cadets, boys and girls who'll be learning how to use the neuron splitter and the inter-planet interceptor - new tools to enable them to slip from dimension to dimension."

We'll just have to wait and see as rumor has the treequel filming sometime this Winter.

"the Seth Rogan and Steve Carrel class of actors" meaning one-trick ponies who aren't particularly funny?

:heh:

(although granted Carrell occassionally tries but I've yet to be impressed by him personally)

"the Seth Rogan and Steve Carrel class of actors" meaning one-trick ponies who aren't particularly funny?

:heh:

(although granted Carrell occassionally tries but I've yet to be impressed by him personally)

Exactly. This is not what this cinematic gold needs.

Typhoid Mary is bad ass now......erm....Avengers The Initiative spoilers lulz. But yeah...I cant be bothered to read that, what film is it?

Anyway, is that GB3 thing really news? The writers are the writers from The Office, and really....how many other "crowds" or how many suitable people are there outside of the "Rogen/Carell" camp in Hollywood these days? Seriously few.

And to think them of not being good comedy actors is foolish.

With only vague memories of GB (but slight OTT physical comedy yes?) Hank Azaria, Chris Rock, Sarah Silverman (could be epic :heh:), Jeremy Piven. I dunno, its being touted as the younger generation but they weren't particularly young in the first place, and nor are Carrell and other names thrown around. Plus im guessing its going to be another sausage fest really.

Its not that I dislike Apatow's films, I just find them average and overrated and getting annoyed by the belief that comedy=Apatow and Apatow=comedy. And lets face it, he's snowballed most contemporary actors by now but I'd still like to see something not starring Ferrell, Carrel, Rogan and those. Rudd I'm fine with. He's been in every film ever made in the last 20 years so its all good.

(and I wasn't saying they're not good comedy actors, but rather not effective on me as I don't find them funny, hell looking at my sig Chi McBride could be good as a ghostbuster.)

Its not that I dislike Apatow's films, I just find them average and overrated and getting annoyed by the belief that comedy=Apatow and Apatow=comedy.

I certainly don't think that, its just that I'm a MEGA fan of them. I love all their chemistry.

Rudd I'm fine with. He's been in every film ever made in the last 20 years so its all good.

This is 100% true.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!