Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit- Shit just realised theres a trailer thread.. how stupid of me. Surely trailers are movie news though..

We had this argument a few pages back.

Yes there's overlap but the trailers thread can be for other trailers (ie tv, games etc) was the crux of it essentially.

; Spider-M4n. Dear Lord, shoot me now.

bad names aside. I don't get it... is the 4 supposed to look like an A. m four n?

Im confused but im sure it won't be called that in the end.

Usually after the third film they stop using numbers anyway. something like

spiderman : dark web or some shit

Anyone fancy losing part of their childhood? (Sorry if it's been posted).

The Karate Kid Trailer

Edit- Shit just realised theres a trailer thread.. how stupid of me. Surely trailers are movie news though..

... I didn't know this existed I mean what's next the mighty ducks remake?

bad names aside. I don't get it... is the 4 supposed to look like an A. m four n?

I suppose its like personalised car registration plates, where 4 is often used as a replacement of A.

Thankfully Disney wouldn't dare toy with the Mighty Ducks franchise now, especially since they sold their stake in the Anaheim Ducks.

They did? Are they still using the Donald-like mascot?

Kristen Dunst To Be Written Out Of Spider-Man Franchise

Kirsten Dunst will be written out of the SPIDER-MAN movie series after the next installment and replaced as the franchise's leading lady by Anne Hathaway - according to U.S. reports.

The actress has played Mary-Jane - Spider-Man/Peter Parker's red-headed love interest - in three movies to date, and has signed to reprise her role in Spider-Man 4, which is scheduled to begin shooting next year.

But insiders tell Star magazine Dunst's character will be written out in the next movie.

A source says, "The plan is for her character to be written out, probably by dying.

"Anne will take over as Peter Parker's new love interest for this project and for Spider-Man 5 and 6 which are being written now.

"Anne's in L.A. doing a lot of meetings on the movie, because filming is right around the corner."

'Avatar' tops holiday box office. Pic beats 'Alvin,' 'Sherlock' with $75 million

One of the world's most famous detectives couldn't solve the riddle of 20th Century Fox's "Avatar," which grossed an estimated $75 million in its second sesh to top the domestic B.O. and best Warner Bros.' new entry "Sherlock Holmes."

But there was no reason for "Sherlock," toplining Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law, to sulk. "Sherlock" still opened to a boffo $65.4 million from 3,626 screens to score the biggest Christmas weekend opening of all time. Previous record-holder was "Meet the Fockers" at $46.2 million.

Fox ends the year on a high note. Coming in No. 3 was "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel," which grossed an estimated $50.2 from 3,700 million for the weekend for a five-day opening cume of $77.1 million.

Moreover, "Avatar," "Sherlock" and "Squeakquel" led the biggest weekend of all time at the domestic B.O., with ticket sales clocking in at an estimated $285 million. Previous biggest weekend was in July 2008 when "The Dark Knight" upspooled, and total ticket sales reached $260 million.

Placing No. 4 was Universal's "It's Complicated," opening to $22.1 million. The Nancy Meyers-directed rom com stars Meryl Street, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin.

Expanding wide over the frame were Paramount's George Clooney starrer "Up in the Air" and the Weinstein Co.'s Rob Marshall-directed musical "Nine."

"Up in the Air" came in No. 5 for the weekend, grossing an estimated $11.8 million from 1,895 theaters for a cume of $24.5 million.

"Nine" was estimated to have placed No. 8, grossing a softish $5.5 million from 1,412 screens for a cume of $5.9 million.

2vngrd4.jpg

Disney's Rapunzel

2llhfyx.jpg

The movie's visual style will be based on the painting "The Swing", by the French Rococo artist Jean-Honoré Fragonard because director Glen Keane wanted this to be an animated movie that looked and felt like a traditional hand-drawn Disney Classic in 3D, he first had a seminar called "The Best of Both Worlds", where he, with 50 Disney animators (CGI artists and traditional artists), focused on the pluses and minuses of each style.

Because of advancements in computer technology, many basic principles of animation used in traditional animated movies but which have been absent in CGI films due to technical limitations are now becoming possible also in this field of animation, where they will be used together with the potential offered by CGI. Keane has stated numerous times that he is trying to make the computer "bend its knee to the artist" instead of having the computer dictate the artistic style and look of the film. By making the computer become as "pliable as the pencil," Keane's vision of a "three dimensional drawing" seems within reach, with the artist controlling the technology. Because many of the techniques and tools that were required to give the film the quality Keane demanded of it didn't exist when the project was started, WDFA had to make them on their own.

To create the impression of a drawing, Non-photorealistic rendering is going to be used, making the surface look like it is painted but still containing depth and dimensions.

Edited by Dante

'Spider-Man 4' Officially Has No Start Date As Of Today Because Of Script Problems; Sony "Unlikely" To Make Scheduled May 5, 2011, Release Date

Sources say Sony still intends to release that summer, even if the new date is July 2011. But Spider-Man has always owned that coveted early May date. Even as far back as September 2008 when I reported my exclusive that Sony Locks In Sam Raimi & Tobey Maguire in 'Spider-Man 4'. And now this is a giant opportunity for other studios planning their 2011 schedules to grab this big opening.

Spider-Man 4 was supposed to start filming in February, and star Tobey Maguire echoed that repeatedly in publicity appearances for Brothers. Then it pushed to March. Then late March/early April. And now there's no date at all, according to my Sony insiders who emailed me: "Some decisions have been made over the holiday about Spider-Man 4. We will be extending the production hiatus on the film. The studio is firmly committed to this franchise but, for us, the script must come first. We intend to notify members of the crew immediately. As you know, Alvin Sargent is currently working on the screenplay. When we have more news, we will keep you posted."

Yeh probably cos they're still arguing over the villain, with Raimi wanting Vulture and Sony wanting Black Cat and someone else.

In other news Avatar is still cha cha chinging it's way into new records.

James Cameron’s game-changing epic has just become the third biggest movie of all time, easing past Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest.

That movie pulled in $1.066 billion by the end of its 154-day theatrical release cycle. Avatar, in only its nineteenth day, has $1.098 billion in the bank. And, sometime in the next 48 hours, it’ll overtake The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King’s $1.191 billion haul to become the second biggest movie of all time.

Source: Empire

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!