NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

I think the CGI In Lord of the Rings still holds up well to this day! :grin:

I barely notice it still and I think it is implemented almost seamlessly!

King Kong which comes out 2 years after the Return of the King has much more noticeable CGI which takes you out of the experience a bit. King Knog is brilliant and very believeable but some of the other parts are a bit dodgy. :)

High School Musical 3: Senior Year claims Advance Ticket sales UK Record

The film has pulled in £500,000 in advance ticket sales, with UK chain Odeon saying it has already taken £245,205 in bookings.

Odeon chief executive Rupert Gavin said: "Our cinemas have been inundated with calls to pre-book tickets for what could be the year's biggest kids and teen audience movie.

"With schools breaking up for half-term just as High School Musical 3 opens, we are bracing ourselves for a huge first week run."

The advance sales eclipse the record set by Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire in 2005.

High School Musical 3: Senior Year, which stars Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens as school sweethearts, will open in UK cinemas on October 22.

Shit! I had no idea we'd have to book tickets to go and see it on the opeing weekend. I figured it would be rather busy, but no where near as popular as this. *Books tickets for Haggis and his mates*

---

New Romero Zombie Flick

Romero has began filming another zombie film, this time named "Island of the Dead". Shocking, I know.:heh:

New Romero Zombie Flick

Romero has began filming another zombie film, this time named "Island of the Dead". Shocking, I know.:heh:

Hmmmm, I absolutely love the original Dead Trilogy, Land of the Dead was an interesting follow up but I wouldn't say a classic. I never thought I would say this, but Romero needs to stop with the zombie films. He's a pretty talented director and I would rather he branched out and maybe tried explored different horror.

High School Musical 3: Senior Year claims Advance Ticket sales UK Record

I call hacking.

Hmmmm, I absolutely love the original Dead Trilogy.

Day of the dead was one movie too much. Night and Dawn were all that was necessary.

Nah it could be good. I found out today, that it was always planned to be a trilogy in fact.

On AICN it did say he was having trouble writing it at the mo, as he needs to get in the right frame of mind, (Ie the one he was in 10 years ago) so I dunno.

It could have potential I really do feel. Unbreakable is one of my all time favourite films though.

I was convinced that it was M Night Shamaylan on the Wii Music drums at E3.

had no idea high school musical was that big :S

The people that like it are pretty much everyone between 3 and 14 years of age, some parents and the gays (see above).

The people that like it are pretty much everyone between 3 and 14 years of age, some parents and the gays (see above).

Lol! I have a fair few mates that are off to see it with me. The others guys coming along are straight guys - you know, it is possible to be attracted to women and (*points at himself*) enjoy HSM. ;)

I read recently some heathen assholes are writing a Blade Runner Sequel.

They should be kneecapped.

Simon Pegg and Chau (chau rules!)=win

sylar=do not know if I want

Scotty not being Paul McGillion = fail

rest=no, just... no

i dont get the obbsession with high school musical. it seems to piss that pure disney "yay life, nothing bad will ever happen to you if your good and true and attractive!" vibe that leaves me feeling like a bitter old man.

dont get me wrong, im a normaly happy person, but christ, its like every one at disney is on extacy and prosax at the same time.

maybe they should have one of the kids in highschool musical become a junkie, or die, just to bring home the fact that life isnt all singing and romance.

that said, i dont mind people enjoying high school musical, i just exercise my right not to watch it.

i dont get the obbsession with high school musical. it seems to piss that pure disney "yay life, nothing bad will ever happen to you if your good and true and attractive!" vibe that leaves me feeling like a bitter old man.

dont get me wrong, im a normaly happy person, but christ, its like every one at disney is on extacy and prosax at the same time.

maybe they should have one of the kids in highschool musical become a junkie, or die, just to bring home the fact that life isnt all singing and romance.

that said, i dont mind people enjoying high school musical, i just exercise my right not to watch it.

Haha, that's the point. It's pure escapism. The biggest problem in one of their lives is if they're going to be able to perform the musical they've been practicing all summer. It's obviously complete bull, but for the sake of an hour and a half it's a nice break.

I didn't realise Harold was in Star Trek......

....Crap I might actually have to see it. But Star Trek is sooo shit.

Is that Simon Pegg as Red Shirt Guy?

Yes it is.

I didn't realise Harold was in Star Trek......

....Crap I might actually have to see it. But Star Trek is sooo shit.

That is a funny reason to see it if you dont like Star Trek.

1zxwfok.jpg

lol