NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

Has Harry Potter: Half Blood Prince been delayed until next July? Someone at work said it was but i dont have time to research whether or not it's true. I hope not!

Not that I'm a big fan of Punisher, but that's worse than the plan to to make the new Terminator a PG-13/12a.

It's like trying to make another Saw installment with a U rating.

I think Salvation could just about get away with it. Maybe. I dunno- if they push is as far as The Dark Knight. I think it'd be a worse movie for it, but it's not the end of the world (lol! geddit!?)

The Punisher? err...what? what on earth is the point in making a film about a man who guns down drug dealers for kicks if you cant, well, show him gunning down drug dealers?

McG stated that Terminator Salvation will be rated R.

PG-13 or R either way it'll no doubt receive a 15 cert over here.

well that's a bit better.

The Terminator films were never hugely graphic anyway. Some of the T-1000 murders are a little gnarly (Johns foster parents and the security guard) but that's about it. There's actually very little blood, so a 15 or a very, very close to the bone PG-13 would work fine.

Incidently- back when The Terminator came out it was an 18. Now, if you see a new copy in the shops, it's a 15.

Fox News (So not exactly the most credible source) discovers the 'real' reason for Harry Potter 6 Delay

Fox News claims that the real reason Warner Bros. pushed the new Harry Potter movie's release date from November 2008 to July 2009 is star Daniel Radcliffe's appearance in the Broadway production of Equus.

The Harry Potter lead will be right in the middle of his sensational, highly publicized run in the play.

That's supposedly not the image Warner Bros. wants associated with bespectacled Harry, who remains 'chaste and virginal'.

I read a different story:

From Empire Online

The delay is due instead to the fact that the writers' strike left several big gaps in the summer '09 line-up, and rather than risk people finding something else to do than go to the cinema, the studios are rationing our film releases.

It's always about the money.

I think maybe all reasons are true. The making more money next summer, the rationing of releases and Daniel Radcliff's image as Harry Potter due to his play probably all had something to do with it.

It sucks so much though. I was really looking forward to it.

PUNISHER WAR ZONE WILL BE R-RATED APPARENTLY.

Source ; AICN.

Thank fraggle for that then.

Watchmen may never get released.

A judge has denied a Warner Bros motion to dismiss 20th Century Fox's lawsuit over Warners' right to make a film based on the graphic novel "Watchmen."

Ruling is potentially a huge victory for Fox, which could wind up as a profit participant in the film, and could cost Warners millions considering the film's box office prospects. However, Fox's legal team says it isn't looking for monetary compensation and instead wants to prevent the big-budget film from being released altogether.

Project, which has been in development for two decades, finally began lensing in September with Zack Snyder at the helm. Warners was set to release the film, which stars Patrick Wilson and Jackie Earle Haley, on March 6th in the same slot in which "300" opened.

At the heart of Fox's suit, filed in February, is the contention that it never ceded rights to the property. And according to the federal Judge Gary Allen Feess, Fox retained distribution rights to the graphic novel penned by Alan Moore and illustrated by Dave Gibbons through a 1991 claim. Furthermore, Feess appears to agree that under a 1994 turnaround deal with producer Larry Gordon, Gordon acquired an option to acquire Fox's remaining interest in "Watchmen," which was never exercised, thereby leaving Fox with its rights under the 1994 agreement.

The court has asked the two parties for expedited discovery; generally the discovery process can take up to two years. Because the film has already wrapped and is dated for spring 2009, the judge wants to move forward quickly.

"We will be asking the court to enforce Fox's copyright interests in 'The Watchmen' and enjoin the release of the Warner Bros film and any related 'Watchmen' media that violate our copyright interests in that property," said Fox.

Surprisingly, Fox said it would rather see the film killed instead of collecting a percentage of the box office. "When you have copyright infringement, there are some damages you never recover," said a source close to the litigation.

Fox spent more than $1 million developing "Watchmen" but had not previously taken legal action against the project, which had been in development at Paramount several years ago.

well that's a massive bag of fuck.

How in the sweet Bejusus do they make an entire film, then realise it's illegal? Eugh.

Wall-E on DVD;

2 disc version: director's audio commentary, deleted

scenes, short film Presto, new short BURN•E, "Animation Sound

Design", "WALL•E's Tour of the Universe"; $29.99 SRP

Also in 3-Disc Special Edition DVD ($39.99 SRP) with more deleted

scenes, making-of featurettes, BnL shorts, documentary film

The Pixar Story, "WALL•E's Treasures and Trinkets", "Lots

of Bots" storybook, and DisneyFile digital copy

2-Disc Blu-ray ($35.99 SRP) with exclusive BURN•E picture-in-picture, Cine-

Explore, Axiom Arcade, Geek Track, and BD-Live

and 3-Disc Blu-ray ($40.99 SRP) with digital copy

Pre-order now for only £12,437.99. Bargain!

more like "wf, insane preorder price!" surely?

Aren't you supposed to be an English student? "What fuck" is very poor grammar :nono::heh:

That sucks if Fox manage to win the case over the Watchmen film. I bought Empire magazine a few weeks back and was reading about the film and fomr what I've heard and seen it looks pretty good. It'll definitely get released, there's no doubt about it.

It'll definitely get released, there's no doubt about it.

Aye, there was some kind of article on AICN that said its basically impossible to not get released, just that Fox'll be getting a slicey wicey.