N-Europe

Street Fighter IV

Noku

You'll notice at the start of the trailer, Ryu and Ken do their whole "fists together" thing that they've done since Super Street Fighter II. This is to signify a friendly battle.

So i doubt its the return of Violent Ken... but i'd love to be proved wrong.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would obviously be financially sound to bring this game to the Wii. (The mini games like smashing up car/wall could also take on some sort of Wii Sports Boxing alike adding a freshness). There are opportunities on Wii and Capcom are a very shrewd business with extremely close ties to Nintendo.

Street Fighter's gameplay hasn't aged at all in my opinion and any version would suffice. 2D was always my favourite plane for Street Fighter. So here's hoping it comes to Wii. It is still a franchise with immense pulling power so if the Wii was to receive any version I'd be happy. I wonder if the recent Monster Hunter 3 console shift is any indication as to where Capcom see their business focuse. Past relations don't matter, Nintendo (and Capcom) are completely different companies sitting in a very different landscape to 5/7 yrs ago.

Would this sell big numbers on the Wii? If it was released on PS2 and Wii at the same time I not sure if SF would do great numbers on the Wii.

Look at Dragon Ball Z. that is a huge franchise and it a big seller in Japan. latest version came out two weeks ago. PS2 version sold over 200,000 in its first week. Wii version sold 40,000.

numbers like that really make you think..

I wasn't overly impressed with the trailer to be honest.

Extremely unlikely this game will make it to Wii, and even if it does, no chance of it being exclusive. I don't think Capcom will be able to surpass Street Fight 2 Turbo with this effort anyway...

I'd rather see Fridays announcement from Capcom to be for Megaman to be a playable character in Brawl...

Would this sell big numbers on the Wii? If it was released on PS2 and Wii at the same time I not sure if SF would do great numbers on the Wii.

Look at Dragon Ball Z. that is a huge franchise and it a big seller in Japan. latest version came out two weeks ago. PS2 version sold over 200,000 in its first week. Wii version sold 40,000.

Dragon Ball Z 2 has sold over 300k versions on the Wii though, with the majority of them being in America.

To be honest, those numbers I think are pretty impressive for the Wii. PS2 still has a userbase 8 times the size of the Wii's in Japan you know, and it's only a matter of time until Wii sales surpass PS2 (not in this game, but in the next Dragon Ball Z game, or the one after.)

Anywho, if Capcom did make an SD version, it'd either be Wii exclusive or PS2 and Wii. There's no real logical reason to make it PS2 and not Wii.

I hope 2D. They tried 3D Street Fighter... and we all remember the results.

NOT Street Fighter IV! Don't panic.

street-fighter-ex-3-1.jpg

street-fighter-ex-3-2.jpg

street-fighter-ex-3-3.jpg

street-fighter-ex-3-4.jpg

:shakehead

Not so much the graphics, but the horrible gameplay. SF-gameplay was concieved, and intended for 2D-gameplay. In 3D, the timing is off. Just look what happened when they thought it would be a good idea to make Virtua Fighter in 2D.

Anyway, if they do make SFIV a 2D-fighting game, they are going to have to rethink the entire fighting mechanic. But who knows? The result just may be worth it. :wink:

That's mainly because of the installed user base of the PS2.