NEurope
Stocka

Majora's Mask

Man, I can't get my last masks, those freaking aliens on lon lon ranch are hard! I wish I had more time to play this :/
Nah they're pretty easy!

Remember to slow down time with the Ocarina when they land and you'll have much more time to shoot them.

Stand just away from the front of the barn to get a good viewpoint and keep checking your on-screen map as you'll occasionally need to run behind the barn to get a few aliens there.

Nah they're pretty easy!

Remember to slow down time with the Ocarina when they land and you'll have much more time to shoot them.

Stand just away from the front of the barn to get a good viewpoint and keep checking your on-screen map as you'll occasionally need to run behind the barn to get a few aliens there.

wow, that's a good idea you've got there... gotta try it sometime

This boss.....is.....so....hard

I need some faeries dammit.

I got up to the part where he spits fish out of his mouth and then died. :red:

This boss.....is.....so....hard

I need some faeries dammit.

I got up to the part where he spits fish out of his mouth and then died. :red:

Go back to where the giant turtle came out of the water for the first time and where the Zora girl (Lulu?) is. There should be a jar or bush with a fairy. I always used that.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it when I have time to play it. A shame I don't have my N64 with me...

YES! I did it (3rd go) but needed two faeries to.

That has to be the hardest boss fight I've ever fought in any Zelda, heck maybe even any game. I can't see many people be able to beat it without using at least one fairy. Gives you a bloody great level of satisfaction when you beat it however. I really hope I can go on and complete MM, especially before TP comes out. Its without doubt the hardest Zelda ever.

I'm also playing Oracle of Ages which is frickin tricky, but still I say Majora's Mask is the hardest Zelda.

Awesome, just got all the masks and Oni Link and finished the game again. Such a great game. The best way tp defeat the ghosts is to climb to the top of the barn and slow time down. That way it's easy. Next quest: get the fairy sword.

Only completed this once. I'll have to start it up again on my GameCube. I remember OOT being a better game though to me. :)

i never played this game , only zelda i never played (and the pc games)...

a friend told me there were nowhere near as many dungeons as there were in OoT ...

and i never really seen the mask changing to be cool (turn link into a seed or a fish you fuck um up)..., plus you only get to play as young link (and FREAK adult link doesnt count)...

the game looked and seemed to be -> zelda + the world from alice in wonderland + mushrooms visuals = zelda - majoras mask

i would think all zelda games should be good , including this one..(minish cap sucked , shrinking every 16 seconds started to piss me off)

but i cant find it in me to play it majoras mask ... whats wrong with me ?..

what am i missing by not playing this game ?

alot of people seem to like this game better then OoT , why?

alot of people seem to like this game better then OoT , why?
it's dificult for me to say why, but to define diferences from OoT and MM... MM is a quest about link himself, because he want's to... when OoT is about hyrule, about saving the land because he is the chosen...

You see... OoT is epic and centered on the land... MM is not epic... and small in dungeons.

But deep on people's relationships, because they play a major role in the game, it's much more like... personal, and that's presisely where it shines the most... what OoT lacks... MM has, and viceversa.

I think in their own rights there are as good as each other,OOT is epic and want to kill Ganon but with MM is slightly more laidback and there is a lot of side quests which people like and to me personally I think the temples are harder.

Played this a few weeks ago for only the 2nd/3rd time and really enjoyed it, great game, and there's so much to do in the way of sidequests and mask collecting that it doesn't really matter that there's only 4 proper dungeons ( + Ikana Castle + 4 mini dungeons on Moon).

It's definitely not as replayable as Ocarina (played that just before for what must be at least the 10th time) but it's still a great game.

The only thing that pissed me off when playing both of them was that one of my flatmates came in and started on about how it looked like a baby game, and that he'd much rather play a game with good graphics, leading me to go into a rant about how graphics don't = gameplay.

I forgot to post that I've now completed it :) (well a month ago) I have all the masks, got the fairy sword, completed everything :D

oh hang on... maybe I should get all the heart pieces :shock: how many do I need?

Let's see.You start with 3,gain 4 so that's 7.So there's 13 other heart's each needing 4 piece's,so you need 52 heart pieces I think.

Nah they're pretty easy!

If you do this it won't slow them down, plus it just means that it takes longer to get to 6, which is when they disapear.

Go back to where the giant turtle came out of the water for the first time and where the Zora girl (Lulu?) is. There should be a jar or bush with a fairy. I always used that.

Actually there is always a fairy near the warp points, sometimes in a jar or in a bush, warping to the same place makes the fairy reapear.

Actually it does slow them down,where have you been?

Really? Its been along time since I passed it so I'll go back and play it when I get home from school.

I remember the finishing the Granny side quest to get the last heart from her. It was so frustrating, and then it turns out it has to be the wrong answer.

Ha shame,im not to sure I got all the heart piece's in MM.Must check that.But yea it does slow them down but take's longer.Make's it a bit easier.Well it make's it a whole lot easier.Thank's to you guy's I wanna play it again :heh:

I had the Collector's Edition but leant to my friend. Unfortunately he's had it since last year, so I'll get it back on Monday to play MM and hopefully complete it before I get the Wii (although I can carry on on the Wii).

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I just found a gif of one of he most funny moments in this game. I'll spoiler tag it for those who haven't made it to Ikana Canyon yet.

5e3673c5c8fdc59db5cf8381922e2c0c.gif

Heh, yeah the funny Re-Deads ;).

Off-Topic: I like your avatar too btw.. Well, not so much the avatar, but more the movie itself ;).

I probably should turn on my N64 again and play some Zeldas.. There are few games I've actually completed, and I don't think I even have all the heart containers in OoT. I'm missing quite a lot in MM as far as I can remember.. Not that you need them, since the bosser are all very easy. Dunno why some people here apparently find them hard? Even fighting Majora's Mask as a kid (as oposen to Feirce Deity Link) is a joke. Allthough they're a lot of fun.. Rolling around in that cave after the second boss :D. 2 of them actually get harder when you play as Feirce Deity Link :D. Fighting the Twinmolds is fun..

I remember the first time that Takuri bird (?) stole something.. A bottle I believe.. I was "WTF?", got mad.. Went to the store, and got even madder, and hit the reset button. Even though I didn't save for some time, and could easily afford the price for my bottle. I'm a man of principles :D. Ever since that incident, I go hunt down that bird just for fun (well, and the money ;)).

MM only has 4 main dungeons, and several mini dungeons.. Even though OoT has more, this game has a lot more atmosphere (allthough OoT obviously has plenty as well).

I always like to wait to the very last second before I turned back the time. Walking around town (or elsewhere) in those last 6 hours.. Talking with all the scared people. That really emerges you in the game.