N-Europe

Super/Street Fighter IV

Dante

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can play it fine with the 360 controller... the controls have been redone to work well with an analogue stick, so that D, DF, F becomes 180-90 degree arc. It works fine... it just takes some getting used to. I'm not going to pretend that a controller is the reason I'm not great, it will just take practice.

Abel is such a bastard. That throw! Five times per fight! Grr.

The modes are easier than they were on SF2HDTR, IMO.

Whats the buttons? Like m kick high kick etc?
o_O press start during a fight and have a look.

Zangief is an absolut bastard. if you get ANYWHERE near him its a grab for him. Man do I hate him. Chun-li is awesome. if you can time her combos, someone is in for a world of pain.

If you need some help with combos, try the trial mode in challenge. Really helps you learn what moves cancel into what and there are qutie a lot of them.

Oh forgot to say the CE is the biggest rip off in the history of anything.

So US get Blu Ray and music cd, we get "Bonus disk" with no case.

And the figures are shit quality. Gonna try and sell mine on teh ebayz probably. Bar game.

Is this the PS3 edition? It doesn't come with a blu-ray disc?

If it doesn't, I'll be pissed: I ordered the L.E. PS3 edition, so I could keep the anime disc and sell the game to a friend (I don't have a PS3), and I picked up the regular Xbox 360 release...

Just Gouken and Seth to go now! Akuma is badass. Although I can't seem to pull off his Ultra Special, because when I press pause and look at the move set, I can't understand what it is asking me to do.:confused:

GOTY so far for me. Until Modern Warfare 2 comes out anyway.

Just Gouken and Seth to go now! Akuma is badass. Although I can't seem to pull off his Ultra Special, because when I press pause and look at the move set, I can't understand what it is asking me to do.:confused:

GOTY so far for me. Until Modern Warfare 2 comes out anyway.

IIRC, and if its the same as before, then it should be light punch, light kick (could be other way round) forwards, then medium kick, hard punch? Been along time since I pulled that off and have not unlocked him yet.

Right how do you do the Ultra moves?

I've been in Training mode for 10 minutes now with Sakura (Hell YEAH!) and Ryu, playing as both trying to do the Ultra move. I get the blue bar all the way up and the red circle says Ultra. When I do the button combo it registers it as the one before it.

eg. Ryu will do the Shinku Hadoken and not the Metsu Hadoken...

IIRC, and if its the same as before, then it should be light punch, light kick (could be other way round) forwards, then medium kick, hard punch? Been along time since I pulled that off and have not unlocked him yet.

LP -> LP -> Forward -> LK -> HP for Akuma's rape attack. Or at least it was before, it may have changed, but somehow I doubt it! :D

Thats what it says in the start menu, suppose I will just have to give it some practice.

Right how do you do the Ultra moves?

I've been in Training mode for 10 minutes now with Sakura (Hell YEAH!) and Ryu, playing as both trying to do the Ultra move. I get the blue bar all the way up and the red circle says Ultra. When I do the button combo it registers it as the one before it.

eg. Ryu will do the Shinku Hadoken and not the Metsu Hadoken...

Are you pressing all 3 Punch buttons (or the button assigned to that) after you do the directional pad motions?

EDIT: God I am such a slow Typist, with my sausage fingers and everything. So yeah, what Domster says.^^^

Compared to Street Fighter, Tekken is horrible.

Wrong, wrong, wrong! Tekken is awesome, I think the characters are great and I prefer the art-style. Obviously I can't really argue in terms of gameplay but I don't see Tekken being that bad in comparison.

This is probably where our differences lay:

Tekken 6

Street Fighter 4

To me the combos of Yoshimitsu are more badass.

There's no room for debate if you are a huge SF fan though, if you grew up with the series and are a master at it I can see why you would prefer it.

It's gotta be done really quickly. Don't let each one land, hit the buttons in a quick sequence, just go for it. Don't wait until the LP's or LK have finished their animation.

Ahhhhhh, the penny has dropped. After having a go at the hard Trail Challenges, I can see now how to cancel into the next move, basically doing what you said about pressing the buttons in quick succession without letting the animations finish. Jesus Christ some of these top level players must be seriously skilled, Just tried to do a *deep breath* Jump into hard kick cancel into target combo cancel into light shoryuken cancel into EX focus attack cancel into shinryuken.........nails.

All the high ratings and praise has made me consider buying this as my first SF game. Don't really think it's worth getting 2 fighting games though because I am definetly getting Tekken 6.

I love Tekken as much as the next man, but seriously, long term fan or not, SFIV owns Tekken.