N-Europe

In Rainbows - Radiohead (You can get it for free)

Cube

huh? What kind of idea is that i don't get it.

Basically, Radiohead's contract with their record label finished after their last album so they're currently unsigned. So they've taken it upon themselves to record the album themselves and sell it themselves via that website. They let people choose how much they want to pay, because virtually anything is more than the record label would've given them.

It's a great idea and they've got a lot of free publicity in the media because of it. My marketting lecturer never stops going on about it.

I think this is a great move for the industry. Trent Reznor of NIN has spoken about something similar in the past and Radiohead seem to have started the ball rolling.

The thing is that they won't lose money, it's just that the Record Companies don't get their slice of the pie.

Only bad thing is the bitrate (mp3 cbr 160kbps - they say they were aiming for a little better than iTunes). If they'd have offered lossless as an option it would have been amazing.

Basically, Radiohead's contract with their record label finished after their last album so they're currently unsigned. So they've taken it upon themselves to record the album themselves and sell it themselves via that website. They let people choose how much they want to pay, because virtually anything is more than the record label would've given them.

It's a great idea and they've got a lot of free publicity in the media because of it. My marketting lecturer never stops going on about it.

Sadly virtually anything doesnt take into account sickos like me who put 0 00 in :D

I bought it for a pound and ever since I've bought it it has continued to grow on me :). I will probably buy the discbox at some point when I can be bothered to scrape £40 together. Favourite songs so far are probably 15 step (awesome, awesome bass in my opinion) and House of Cards. As for the '2nd half' of the album that isn't out yet, isnt that just more of a bonus disc than a different part to the album?

The bonus disc isn't the second half of the album. But it is material that wasn't used for the album. Songs that I guess they can get out the way. Like Up on the Ladder which has been floating around (at least) since 2003.

Yeah, I know. Still, extra songs are extra songs.

1. "MK 1"

2. "Down Is the New Up"

3. "Go Slowly"

4. "MK 2"

5. "Last Flowers"

6. "Up on the Ladder"

7. "Bangers and Mash"

8. "4 Minute Warning"

According to Ed O'Brien's on-line diary from the Kid A/Amnesiac recording sessions, "Up on the Ladder" is a song that has existed in some form since 1999