NEurope

I got up at 7:30 today, sharp.

I am now keeping my sleeping pattern like this, thank you.

I'm off to Team 17 today!

Ah I hate Monday mornings, they're the worst ever!

I'm in school, and there's only two other students in (who are taking a break now) plus one teacher. Again it's super boring here. =(

At least the teacher came to look how I was doing and helped me along a bit. Hopefully I can get some stuff done now.

Also, my back has been killing me lately. I even woke up early this morning because of the pain, and couldn't really get back to sleep. No matter what side I turned on, I kept feeling that uncomfortable pain. And now I'm in school and still in pain, and I forgot to take a painkiller. Silly me.

The past few days have been absolutely amazing. Could not feel happier right now. Went to Meadowhall on Saturday during the day with Nic and Lauren, which ended up being massive amounts of fun. It's nice to finally find a couple of people I completely 'click' with in Sheffield. There's no effort there when trying to make conversation, it just flows...as does the terrifying amounts of laughter. Managed to see Ash too...for about 10 seconds. But still, it was so odd finally seeing the terrifyingly witty man in person. I was disappointed by the lack of quick fire insult though. Shame on you Ash.

Then met up with Channy which was lovely. We got ready, picked up Nic and Lauren and headed to Endcliffe to see Ness and the boyfriend (In retrospect, that's such an odd term). Spent about 3 hours just sitting at Ness' chatting, which was really, really nice. We then all headed out and ended up going to Embrace after a lot of messing about. Though it took Chris and myself about half an hour to get a Taxi from The Forge because the damn Taxi guy went to completely the wrong place. I can't understand where the hell the guy ended up going instead of The Forge? I mean, what else does "The Forge" sound like. Knob.

Sunday was then spent watching Will & Grace with Chan and Chris, with the odd bit of baking mixed in...just because. Hsm cake? Amazing. After Channy left we ended up watching My Sisters Keeper and Em ended up joining. I loved how by the end of it we were all sat there, motionless and looking utterly emotional.

Then after Em left, we ended up falling asleep on the Sofa watching Will & Grace. I don't know what it is, but I just feel so incredibly comfortable around him. We can just sit around for hours talking, but not really talk about anything. If that makes sense. It's really lovely. :) I desperately need some box-sets, I'm craving it almost constantly now. Karen is beyond amazing.

Now it's time to get back into the Uni routine. Eurgh.

Edited by Slaggis

the song being played changed and I just started welling up and then... well I'm sure you can guess what followed

What song was it?

I got up at 7:30 today, sharp.

I am now keeping my sleeping pattern like this, thank you.

I'm off to Team 17 today!

I'm wanting updates. NOW.

REPORT DAMMIT.

I've just got a call from Barclays about this interview tomorrow, because I live with mummy I don't [officially] pay any bills, so I don't have many forms in the way of proof of address. My passport and bank statements aren't enough. So I've got to take one my mums' gas bills.

But she remarried.

So now I've got to take my birth certificate, and her wedding certificate along with it.

So now I've got to take my birth certificate, and her wedding certificate along with it.

It's odd as to how much you need. Do you have a small or detailed birth certificate? Most places don't accept the ones with just a name (like my one). Not to mention that when I needed to show mine, I also needed two name change certificates (as my surname was changed twice).

It's odd as to how much you need. Do you have a small or detailed birth certificate? Most places don't accept the ones with just a name (like my one). Not to mention that when I needed to show mine, I also needed two name change certificates (as my surname was changed twice).

I'd say it was a small one. From da old skool.

You'd think I'd got the job already with the amount of shizzle they're asking of me.

Because I'm a member of the JCR Committee (Junior Common Room - basically the body of representatives for undergraduates at Jesus), I was invited to dine with the Principal (Lord Krebs - son of Krebs of Krebs-cycle fame) in his lodgings.

The house is attached to the first quad of the college, and it's fucking MA-hoo-SIve, despite being deceptively small on the outside. It's like a home that's also an art gallery - there's a priceless portrait of Queen Elizabeth in the dining room, and apparently the paneling and ceiling in the reception room is carved by John Nash, who's someone famous, and thus the house is unestimatable in price.

We sat down to eat, and there was a menu:

Wild Mushroom Soup

Pan-fried Halibut Fillet

Creamed Potatoes

Wilted Spinach

Butternut Squash Puree

Dark Chocolate and Raspberry Mousse

Coffee & Mints

He was like "I hope you don't mind Halibut fillet, because today is meat-free Monday.". Halibut fillet! Famously posh fish. Tasted stunning.

And he had waiters. In his house.

We spoke about plans to buy a club across the street (how fucking cool is that!? The college is thinking about buying a nightclub, for use by its members!); a new scheme for teaching feedback, which involves student-led focus sessions to ensure a higher degree of anonymity; and how to make Jesus more eco-friendly (I was scared to say anything, because Krebs is a proper biologist/ecologist and has been on loads of climate change boards and stuff, who if you said anything bullshitty he'd be like "..."). There's plans to install greywater systems into all bathrooms in college, which basically means that waste water from sinks and showers is used to flush the toilet, thereby meaning purified water isn't wasted flushing the toilet.

Basically, I'm in the quicksand.

tl;dr I just had a 3 (/4) course lunch, at Lord Krebs' house.

I've just got a call from Barclays about this interview tomorrow, because I live with mummy I don't [officially] pay any bills, so I don't have many forms in the way of proof of address. My passport and bank statements aren't enough. So I've got to take one my mums' gas bills.

But she remarried.

I passed the phone interview for Barclays last Thursday :) My interview is quite a way off (23rd Feb) I don't know if it will be the same kind, the women on the phone described it as "customer service role-play". Good Luck and let me know what it's like :D

Really excited because I just found out my tute partner for my Linear Algebra tutorials this term is Violet. The most sensually pleasing person I know. And the most efficient at stunning of any Chinese person I've ever met.

This is good for a variety of reasons:

1) She's really good at linear algebra, so there won't be any awkward silences.

2) She's really uninhibited, so if there's something she doesn't understand (which implies I won't understand it either), she'll be overly vocal about it. (I was in a class with her last term, and when the tutor explained something in a really complicated way, she was like "I don't understand that at all. Please can you explain it again, but use notation we actually understand." So rude, but it feels that when she's rude there's a much needed reason to be rude.)

3) She has good chat. Moreso than any other maths people in my year, who when I'm with on my own its a bit awkward.

Can you bring Violet up with you during the holidays? I want to meet her.

Can you bring Violet up with you during the holidays? I want to meet her.

Well she lives in Beijing, so I assume not.

I passed the phone interview for Barclays last Thursday :) My interview is quite a way off (23rd Feb) I don't know if it will be the same kind, the women on the phone described it as "customer service role-play". Good Luck and let me know what it's like :D

I did some "customer service role-play" of the Barclays persuasion with my step-uncle, it's kinda easy, How can I help you? Nice day... going on holiday? Really? Where? Anything else I can help you with? Bye.

Shit like that.

Went shopping today, with £150 budget from the J/C (i spend £150 of my money, and they re-emburse me when i produce a reciept). Bought a few things, namely shirts and trousers etc ready for an interview i have tomorrow at NCC.

I have had a great day! :grin:

The worst part of my day was the sleeping aspect of it, which was sub par. It was one of those nights where I was unsure whether I went to sleep or not. :p

That aside I went to bed early and got up early because my lecture is now at 9. So I watched Desperate Housewives until it was time to Suit Up and go.

I look extremely sexy in my suit now! I topped off my ridiculously awesome new look with my dads oldman hat from Belgium which is pro. I look like an epic douche but I feel so good. :D

On top of that my lecture on Brain and Mind was actually interesting and I only spaced out once in the whole two hours which was understandable since the lecturer talked about how our bodys normal temperature is around 37 degrees which is the number of the demon that helps/haunts me.

Equally for the mid morning break before my next lecture, I went to this Cafe which cooked me a tastalicious Chicken + Bacon Panni. It lost points for having scary red lights on the floor. I hate it when I notice lights!

Back to me looking sexual and I got a compliment to day in my public speaking class because they were reminded of this:

neil_patrick_harris.jpg

Probably a long haired Paraguayan version but that still made me smile. :)

Speaking of my public speaking class. Today we had the impromptu speeches to do again and we have to speak about a topic for 3 minutes that is given to us after we volunteer so today I got the question "How to build the ultimate snowman". I rambled for 7 epic minutes about how to mine for dwarfs that help you build the eyes of the snowman, scientists/lazers/eye patches/airplanes/what you get when you make a scientist and a dwarf have sex to create this ultimate rhino like creature which has the intelligence of a scientist and the strength of a dwarf. Also I talked about circular saws/cats/spices/cutting grass/bin bags and it was a magical seven minutes If I say so myself.

Blah so that made my day! Then my friend gave me some Jam so I'mma have it on Toast.

OH OH OH!

I bought one of this MaltEaster things which is a chocolate malteaser bunny. One problem though it is pregnant and spread eagled on the floor. So it just feels like you are about to molest a pregnant bunny which was highly off putting so I gave it a sea section first (because I can't spell) in order to save the baby and make the whole process of eating the chocolate less hideous and more delicious! :heh:

What song was it?

It was How You Remind Me by Nickleback.

And just what is the fascination with the guy in Coolness' pick?

I'm wanting updates. NOW.

REPORT DAMMIT.

I can't say actually, they made me sign a bunch of stuff saying that they'd shit in my bed if I did.

Although people were shouting, "Get to da chopper!"

Which reminded me of you and your lame quotes.

Today!

-Lost a hearing aid (again)

-Made a baby cry

-Fell in love with a customer

-Got locked out of MY OWN HOUSE because of Ashley

-Drank cider from a bottle OUTSIDE MY OWN HOUSE like a hobo

Also, because I can't remember if I mentioned;

-Got date with HGFW on wednesday! She's cooking me dinner. I don't know if she knows it's a date but I'm going to get her drunk and try to molest my way into her affection.

-I never know what to do with my face.

Went shopping today, with £150 budget from the J/C (i spend £150 of my money, and they re-emburse me when i produce a reciept). Bought a few things, namely shirts and trousers etc ready for an interview i have tomorrow at NCC.

You spent £150?! I tallied up a mere £75. You cheeky git.

Then yesterday, I met Ashley at the station and again we went to Meadowhall, and saw Toy Story 2 3D. It was cool to see the film again, although I wouldn't say the 3D added much. Then we had quite a funny walk to Shorty's which took us near an hour, but was a good laugh.

Today I should've been out again but I was feeling like an absolute wraith this morning, and as of yet have still done no work or anything productive whatsoever except go food shopping and drink tea in an effort to feel better.

On the love interest front, I'm meeting said mystery man again in a couple of weeks in Birmingham for a few drinks and lunch, then again when I go home for the weekend over February. I think he's great though, he's 4 years older than me but it's not weird at all. Infact I prefer it a lot more, and it's nice to just have that extra sense of maturity and headstrong-ness without it being creepy or frowned upon, or him being flaming. 19 and 23 is hardly a big difference. Yay to my life so far, although a little extra motivation in the area of revision wouldn't go a-miss. 40% is the key.

Thanks for keeping me company on Saturday (after Slaggis failed at...well, everything :p)

And I said this the other day (I think, or at least I thought it and you can read thoughts yeah?) but in spite of jokes I'm glad you're happy/enjoying the chipmunk. :)

Feeling any better btw? Shame you missed the zoo. Was fun.

haha - i love lookin at weddin albums of friends of friends on facebook....

so far i havent liked ANY of them....

I do wedding photography, hire me! :p

Decided against staying in bed and finally got round to seeing Jayseven and also visiting the infamous Ashley. Ashley got me the doug toy from UP which is awesome and I love ashley <3. It was actually the most fun I've had all week so that was awesome.

Was a good night :) Although we blatantly made it so, as Jayseven sucks at hosting people :p Was great to see you again <3

Ah well, should be meeting everyones favourite narcissistic admin Ashley in town later before he runs off to the train station. Winner!

YEAH! Blatantly the best part of your day. Yes, the other part was just an exam so not up against much but still...I take what I can.

And speaking of whores...

Managed to see Ash too...for about 10 seconds. But still, it was so odd finally seeing the terrifyingly witty man in person. I was disappointed by the lack of quick fire insult though. Shame on you Ash.

As I said to Razz at the time, if there wasn't people in the way I would have backhanded you. You look like the kind of person I'd enjoy hitting. SHAME ON YOU FOR FAILING ALL WEEKEND! :p

Soooo, weekend!

Saturday. Lingering around Birmingham. Mild flirtation with Game employee. Then Sheffield. Met the Razz and yeah Meadowhall. I don't know about him but it was so busy I wasn't in the mindpsace to shop but I enjoyed seeing TS2 in 3D :) And of course the chaos with the seats :p Then we saw Peppa Pig! But she left. Presumably to be turned into peppered pork. Then as we were leaving we saw Slaggis who looks like a peanut. I can now confirm this.

Then the walk to Shorty's. Saw many wonderful sights of Sheffield. Truly landmark places. I know he'll be visiting again :p It was weird as we got to Shorty's then realised I should have told him we were on route but in spite of knowing we were heading to a destination forgot...we were heading there (if that makes sense?) Was just a nice walk :) Then me, Shorty and his girlfriend (Nami? Can't remember her username so I'll just call her Nikki) ate pizza, watched a film and played on games. Fun times.

Sunday was the Zoo! I feel a bit bad because I felt I made them go...but I think they enjoyed it. Was nice to do something different. Got some drawings done which was the main goal. Then went to a pub and kept getting served by a loopy barman.

Then custody of me was handed over to Jayseven and of course the first thing we did was buy cider :p Then nightwolf came over for gaming. Good times :) Stayed up til 3:15 and woke up at 7:45 and I presume I would have crashed by now but so far...

Then today was lingering around Sheffield. Did some detailing on my drawings in Nero. Then met Dan and Nikki and we went for a drink and chat. Was nice to sit and chat to friends, just casually. Whenever I see my friends now its because they have a problem they want to discuss/rant.

Anyway all in all a really nice weekend away :) Thanks to everyone (except Slaggis :heh:)

Oh and good other things happened too! Got an interview for the West Midlands Safari Park but I'm not sure if I actually want the job. I figured if I worked the maximum hours they allow (37.5) I'd be earning the same amount as if I worked 30 at my current job. But I'll go along and see if they'd take me on after I finish in May. And also my lecturer finally got round to posting the research assistant job she pretty much wants me for, but can't just hand me the job. 12 hours per week (so I'd do it in addition to disability support) at £8.44 an hour. NOICE.

Wow. Long post.

I'd thank that post, but you diss mah hosting skeeellz...

Ok so it's me that admits I'm shit at hosting. I just don't know what to do/have nothing unique to offer.

Thanks for keeping me company on Saturday (after Slaggis failed at...well, everything :p)

And I said this the other day (I think, or at least I thought it and you can read thoughts yeah?) but in spite of jokes I'm glad you're happy/enjoying the chipmunk. :)

Feeling any better btw? Shame you missed the zoo. Was fun.

Saturday. Lingering around Birmingham. Mild flirtation with Game employee. Then Sheffield. Met the Razz and yeah Meadowhall. I don't know about him but it was so busy I wasn't in the mindpsace to shop but I enjoyed seeing TS2 in 3D :) And of course the chaos with the seats :p Then we saw Peppa Pig! But she left. Presumably to be turned into peppered pork. Then as we were leaving we saw Slaggis who looks like a peanut. I can now confirm this.

Then the walk to Shorty's. Saw many wonderful sights of Sheffield. Truly landmark places. I know he'll be visiting again :p It was weird as we got to Shorty's then realised I should have told him we were on route but in spite of knowing we were heading to a destination forgot...we were heading there (if that makes sense?) Was just a nice walk :) Then me, Shorty and his girlfriend (Nami? Can't remember her username so I'll just call her Nikki) ate pizza, watched a film and played on games. Fun times.

You're welcome, it was a most humorous Saturday, and you're right; Now I can get my colon and soul cleansed both within a street's crossing! That's shaved so much wasted time off my already packed schedule :P

I'm feeling better thank you, I slept a lot of yesterday and had a bit of a lie in today before revision and it's helped :)

One of Rokhed's friends just added me on msn and fb and sent me a message about how I said she wasn't that good looking in the hot peeps thread, after rok posted a picture of her, in october 2008.

Haha!

That's amazing!

Facebook link please.

Tell her that she is ugly.

Dooooooooit!

One of Rokhed's friends just added me on msn and fb and sent me a message about how I said she wasn't that good looking in the hot peeps thread, after rok posted a picture of her, in october 2008.

Jesus Actual Christ