NEurope

Went to a 70s club last night in Guildford called Flares. It was hilarious, though I've realised I need to learn more 70s songs to feel like I belong. :heh: The rest of the night was a success.

I don't think I've ever noticed anything bad per say in Sheffield, except that time with the needles behind west street, but that was RIGHT behind it, so weird given how 'posh' the flats/houses there were.

I find walking home at 6am is the nicest, just before it gets light and there's just a few cars around. :grin:

West street used to be a red light district. There's alot of bad estate territory not so far away too so finding needles isn't that surprising.

West street used to be a red light district. There's alot of bad estate territory not so far away too so finding needles isn't that surprising.

Weird, it just freaked me out alittle bit of how balant it was, on the doorstep (literally) of my housemates friends flat.

Two of my housemates are beginning to piss me off. One is a slob, although he says he's changing, so we'll have to see.

The other is incredibly irritating. She takes stereotypical only child to another level. She's constantly trying to be the centre of attention and always has to speak incredibly loudly, just to make sure everyone can hear her. She also wedges her door open all the time just so people see hear every time they go upstairs. And she plays her music loudly with her door open and talks really loudly to her mum over skype. When I'm in my room with my door shut I can hear every word her mum is saying. And her mum's voice is possibly more annoying than hers. their family are stuck up their own arses, and her mum exaggerates this posh voice so mum she tries to make Laurence Llewellyn Bowen look like a commoner, but fails and just sounds like a twat.

Yeah, she sounds dreadful! Halls are so hit and miss. Three of my flatmates I adored and went on to live with, the other four I pretty much had no association with after first year.

Same thing happened with me pretty much. I was great friends with one of my flatmates (and still am despite dropping out of uni) and got on well with two of the others. The other two I got on with but I've not really given them much thought since leaving. One of them used to have sex really loud. Even though she was on the other side of the hall and a few doors down; with her door closed and my door closed you could still hear her going at it frequently. It was amusing when my bff flatmate shouted out in to the hall "Could you shag a little quieter please?" at 2am. He didn't like her much.

i had my date, it went well, took her to a turkish restraunt, shared starters, food was lovly, got on really well, chatted none stop.

she was very pretty and frindly, plus shes got a random sense of humour. i text her a bit later saying id had a good time and the food was nice, and asked if she bought anything nice in town

she replies saying she thought the food was tasty and that she got a dress. i text back saying glad you liked it.

i obviously need a chill pill cos im thinking about this way to much, but still. playing it cool is so difficult.

Good stuff going down on the girl front. We are talking frequently, going out often and both want each other. The next step is me actually asking her the question, which may never happen due to the fact that I am a massive pansy.

Good stuff going down on the girl front.

I'm sure she's pleased.

Went to a 70s club last night in Guildford called Flares. It was hilarious, though I've realised I need to learn more 70s songs to feel like I belong. :heh: The rest of the night was a success.

I'm at Uni in Guildford! The one weekend I go home, and you're there! :nono:

Next time you're in town, give me a shout!

Flares, when with the right people, is awesome - I went there on the Civil Engineering Society pub crawl - imagine that multicoloured dance floor with almost 150 people on it!

Was doing my art project for tomorrow, when my friend who was up from london (who I didn't go and see last night) rang my house demanding I see her before she left. So I went out for an hour and a half or so, just had a beer with people then left them to roll joints in public view.

So I had the best weekend I've ever had this past weekend.

Saw some things, made some decisions, got some photographs. It's all good.

My day has turned considerably worse since realising I have to hand in a written proposal for my main piece of coursework for one of my modules tomorrow.

I had actually done work throughout the evening and managed to finish it, hoping to go to bed and have a decent sleep for my 7 o'clock Monday start.

Lame.

I have to write out large amounts of text from 'Keep the Aspidistra Flying' for this proposal and outline my deliverables.

Two of my housemates are beginning to piss me off. One is a slob, although he says he's changing, so we'll have to see.

The other is incredibly irritating. She takes stereotypical only child to another level. She's constantly trying to be the centre of attention and always has to speak incredibly loudly, just to make sure everyone can hear her. She also wedges her door open all the time just so people see hear every time they go upstairs. And she plays her music loudly with her door open and talks really loudly to her mum over skype. When I'm in my room with my door shut I can hear every word her mum is saying. And her mum's voice is possibly more annoying than hers. their family are stuck up their own arses, and her mum exaggerates this posh voice so mum she tries to make Laurence Llewellyn Bowen look like a commoner, but fails and just sounds like a twat.

Ahh bad housemates. I love mine but:

One doesn't drink (which is fine) and doesn't go out (which sucks a little) and I rarely see him. Nice guy though.

One's a great laugh on nights out but a moody pain in the ass. The kind of person who whines about the state of the kitchen when it's actually pretty clean, and the only reason it;s not is her fucking stuff. And she's a huge bitch, always slagging off the antisocial guy.

And the other one's a scouser. Nice though, but also abit bitchy.

Anyway, literally 5am at the dawn of my first essay hand in date. Fuck me, Id nearly finished on sat night, dunno how I've spent so long on the last paragraph :S Bedtime now. Much needed.

I don't think I've ever noticed anything bad per say in Sheffield, except that time with the needles behind west street, but that was RIGHT behind it, so weird given how 'posh' the flats/houses there were.

I find walking home at 6am is the nicest, just before it gets light and there's just a few cars around. :grin:

6am is fine, muggers can't be bothered to be up that late/early. You're much safer in the city centre than you are around say, manor top or gleadless anyway....

Flares, when with the right people, is awesome - I went there on the Civil Engineering Society pub crawl - imagine that multicoloured dance floor with almost 150 people on it!

Flares can be great, just one rule that needs to remembered is to watch out for the 40-60 year old divorcees who go there to prey on drunk student flesh. The Birmingham used to full them pinching your arse when your back was turned.

I went into work this morning, only to find that I've got the day off which is a lovely surprise. So now I'm back in bed, yay. :grin: Also I've found an amazing book at work today. It basically has everything you could ever want to know geography of geology related. If you want to know the average velocity of the Indian tectonic plate, it's there. If you want the Beaufort wind scale, it's there. If you want to know the precise latitude of longitude of any major earthquake between 1900-2008, it's there. It's fantastic!

Hahaha yeah I bet! It was quite busy as it was a Saturday anyway, nothing quite like seeing 80-odd drunk peoe doing the YMCA at once :P

I'll let you know next time I'm around in Guildford, assuming you don't have that deadbolt yet :heh:

6am is fine, muggers can't be bothered to be up that late/early. You're much safer in the city centre than you are around say, manor top or gleadless anyway....

Good to know! I rarely venture past corp anyway!

Good day, basically the uni keeps giving us placement talks and they are putting the classes off, which is amusing. Idiots. Never mind eh?

Went shopping for the first time in a while, spent less money than planned, yays. Going to go pre-order L4D and become very poor when paying for my paramore tickets too..ouch haha. :grin:

Flares can be great, just one rule that needs to remembered is to watch out for the 40-60 year old divorcees who go there to prey on drunk student flesh. The Birmingham used to full them pinching your arse when your back was turned.

Fortunately, the creepy buggers in Guildford hang around in Dusk, standing on the dancefloor but not actually dancing... :hmm: It's not a great place to be, even as a guy (they're mainly straight guys), unless it's a themed night, and then a hefty slice of the University decend on it, making it, strangely, the best place in town.

Only if they're tasty will it be allowed. The fact is: Reflex is the place to go instead.

Re: scary old people preying on drunk students. There's this roller disco place in Manchester called Billie Rox that's exactly the same apart from it used to be 30-50 year old couples wanting someone to 'join them'. Got propositioned in there a couple of times, very scary.

Today I went for coffee with a couple of friends. This cute girl kept looking at me and smiling in Cafe Nero but couldn't bring myself to go up and say hi - pathetic!

Busy day at uni, and not much sleep last night means I'm tired.

That kind of tired when I'm not sure whether to have an hours nap now, and do work late, or to try and stay awake and have an early (midnight) night.

Ooooh, what a problem it is.

I wonder what my life would be like if I had real problems.