N-Europe

The Orange Box.

Caris

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I agree.

I saw something on GameFAQs the other day. How did people rate them: Orange Box vs Halo 3 vs Bioshock. I'd have to put it Bioshock > Orange Box > Halo for single player, Halo > Orange Box > Bioshock for multiplayer, and Orange Box > Bioshock > Halo for the overall package.

Agree/Disagree with that ordering?

See.

We people who've been playing Half-Life for years and you people finally catch on!

Although, PC is the rightful home of Half-Life :)

Yeah I agree.

I saw something on GameFAQs the other day. How did people rate them: Orange Box vs Halo 3 vs Bioshock. I'd have to put it Bioshock > Orange Box > Halo for single player, Halo > Orange Box > Bioshock for multiplayer, and Orange Box > Bioshock > Halo for the overall package.

Agree/Disagree with that ordering?

Isn't Halo a better package because it comes with Single-player and Mulit-player, while Bioshock is just really a one-time-through experience.

Isn't Halo a better package because it comes with Single-player and Mulit-player, while Bioshock is just really a one-time-through experience.

Bioshocks single player is a gajillion times more fun and innovative than halo's. That is all.

Bioshocks single player is a gajillion times more fun and innovative than halo's. That is all.

Fair enough but still you could argue that because of the fact that the Halo offers you single-player and multi-player it has a lot of replay value because of that variety and therefore is worth its price more-so than Bioshock which just has single-player.

Not really. Half Life has never been a PC only series. It was on the DC and PS2 as well.

Yeah, but those weren't done by Valve. Infact, Half-Life 2 on the original XBOX was the first time that Valve themselves handled a port.

Fair enough but still you could argue that because of the fact that the Halo offers you single-player and multi-player it has a lot of replay value because of that variety and therefore is worth its price more-so than Bioshock which just has single-player.

Either way the overall Bioshock experience equates to the joy that the Halo experience provides. However, if you comparing replayability, then you must only focus on the single players, as you can't class multiplayer as 'replaying' really lol.

Yeah, PC is the rightful home of Half Life. Always has been, the games are built for PC then ported.

I'd be interested to see what TF2 is like on Live though, the lack of headsets on PC does take away from the experience a bit (although bigger team size and better controls make up for this).

Either way the overall Bioshock experience equates to the joy that the Halo experience provides. However, if you comparing replayability, then you must only focus on the single players, as you can't class multiplayer as 'replaying' really lol.

But Bioshock is only a good package if you like single player FPS, whereas Halo appeals to the multiplayer and single player crowds. Regardless of whether or not the quality is better there is a lot wider appeal in Halo and a lot more to do in the game therefore how can it not be a better package?

Everybody on Live pretty much has a headset, to me thats one of the defining points about Live. Hardly anybody in games I've played on the PC have mics, most 3 or 4 or a 32 man server.

In games where you use tatics everyone has mics, I mean it's dirt cheap and they've existed for centuries.

But Bioshock is only a good package if you like single player FPS, whereas Halo appeals to the multiplayer and single player crowds. Regardless of whether or not the quality is better there is a lot wider appeal in Halo and a lot more to do in the game therefore how can it not be a better package?

What i'm saying is you can't say that Bioshock is any less of a game for having such a fantastic single player and no multiplayer. It takes guts these days to not have a multiplayer component in a FPS style game, and i'm glad that they didn't cobble on some crappy multiplayer into Bioshock as it would've been bad and detracted resources from the single player.

I think most people agree that Bioshock has a better pure single player experience than Halo 3. However, Orange box is a collection of 5 games that did not all undergo simultaneous development.

Comparisons between these 3 games are hard. Either way these 3 games are FUCKING AMAZING games in their own right, who really care about which one offers better value or more replayability as it's your duty as gamers, if you have taste, to have played each of these 3 games till death.