Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Orange Box.

Caris

Played Portal today... boy is it fantastic! The ingenuity of it all... and that computer voice is ace.

"Any contact with the floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your training record... followed by death."

Will definately be getting this when I (eventually) get a 360.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Items not yet dispatched:

Delivery estimate: 18 Oct 2007

* 1 of: Half Life 2: The Orange Box (Xbox 360)

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

Amazon say mine is coming on Thursday. Can't see it myself. Friday at the least, with Saturday being more realistic. I have chosen express delivery though. :)

Shopto have sent my copy... should be here tomorow if the royal mail dont fail

Same although the last two games I ordered said they had despatch a few days early and they arrived on, dare I say it, launch day.

Despicable service! From Shopto I expect my games at least a week early, at least! :wink:

Post is wierd atm. Two of my lovefilm rentals got posted on thurs. I got one on mon but haven't got the other yet.

Something arrived today that was marked as too big for the letterbox and I haven't ordered anything but Orange Box so it must be that. It doesn't have a special box does it? Eh, I'll find out tommorow.

I got it around 7 am this morning. Here are some of my impressions so far.

The graphics in HL2 are better than the PC version's. Almost every texture has been upped, the boat and kart you drive look much nicer, the lighting is awesome. Basically, everything is at least as good as the PC versions, and even better in a lot of cases.

I haven't touched the episodes or Portal yet, as I'm going through the game in order, but so far, this is everything I hoped for, and much more. Bear in mind, I am only up to the part where you ride the kart on the beach, so later chapters I can't comment on.

Post is wierd atm. Two of my lovefilm rentals got posted on thurs. I got one on mon but haven't got the other yet.

Something arrived today that was marked as too big for the letterbox and I haven't ordered anything but Orange Box so it must be that. It doesn't have a special box does it? Eh, I'll find out tommorow.

Picked up the package.

It was a tiny CD in a massive, and I mean massive, box. Random or what?

No orange based adventures for me.

Baldwin also appears as a voice actor in Half Life 2: Episode 2 as additional voices for resistance soldiers, according to Wiki.

He's hardly a "big" part :D