N-Europe

Monster Hunter Tri

flameboy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like every other object in your house then.

Oh so you have been to my house then? You think I don't clean the objects that I use? My wii is tucked away in my tv stand so I don't get to see or feel how dusty it is unless I use it, which funnily enough I have been thanks to Wii Sports Resort and the motion plus. Geez, a guy comes into the wii boards once in awhile, makes a genuine comment, and then gets assy remarks in return. Nice.

Oh so you have been to my house then? You think I don't clean the objects that I use? My wii is tucked away in my tv stand so I don't get to see or feel how dusty it is unless I use it, which funnily enough I have been thanks to Wii Sports Resort and the motion plus. Geez, a guy comes into the wii boards once in awhile, makes a genuine comment, and then gets assy remarks in return. Nice.

Ok, I'll believe you said the most common troll bait against the Wii, without any bad intent.

and wired net with it rather than the wireless net with my wii, which miraculously, gives little lag if any (I detest wireless really).

Trolling aside, what are you on about? A correctly connected wireless network gives no more lag than a wired one. Unless you have an internet connection higher than 54Mb/s. Either way, the latency is not humanly noticeable.

Your PS3 cannot connect faster the internet compared to the Wii. It's technically the same.

Trolling aside, what are you on about? A correctly connected wireless network gives no more lag than a wired one. Unless you have an internet connection higher than 54Mb/s. Either way, the latency is not humanly noticeable.

Your PS3 cannot connect faster the internet compared to the Wii. It's technically the same.

Trolling? What is it with this "Deathjam is a troll" BS. Really pissing me off. Anyways, from my experience, wireless has been shit for me. In Mario Kart and Super smash bros. I have had horrible lag at times, but most of the time it is decent. On my ps3 which is wired, I get next to no lag on SF4, Blaz Blue, Demon Souls (im playing that with people in asia on asian servers) etc.

And then, I am comparing this experience with my PC which has been on wired and wireless networks, with constant dropouts, high pings and just general slowness which instantly improved or stopped when connected via wire. All this and I am the only one using the network. A friend of can't play counterstrike at the moment and guess what he's using.

So don't tell me I can't notice jack when I get kicked out of a game because of a stupidly high ping.

Lag is determined not by the connection type but by the servers and your bandwidth. Someone with 3/3 bars of wireless connectivity won't notice lag unless it's on the host or their ISP router whatevs, just like a Wired Ethernet connection. Wired is generally more reliably as it's not going to be affected by other random wireless activities.

Lag is determined not by the connection type but by the servers and your bandwidth. Someone with 3/3 bars of wireless connectivity won't notice lag unless it's on the host or their ISP router whatevs, just like a Wired Ethernet connection. Wired is generally more reliably as it's not going to be affected by other random wireless activities.

Ok so my terminology is wrong. But what other wireless activities can be giving me lag and a high ping on a uk server, which disappears when I use a wired connection, when I am the only person on the network. Everything for me was better in general when I switched to a wired connection, and this has been so for every computer, laptop and general hardware such as a ps3 that I have used in the same situation (only person on network).

Hmm, this is horrbily off topic, but I have nothing on topic to say other than what happens when you reach the max grade of armour? What is there left to do? Will capcom be able to add new content on the wii?

I'm not doubting your claims, just correcting some things was all. The only example of interfrence I can come up with is Cell Phone, but mines always on and I've never had an issue so I doubt that. You may just never hae a good connection, idk.

Is that another sarcy comment? Why would I be trolling. It's a retarded thing to do. God it's almost like you are trolling me!

I think what he is trying to say is that, by mistake, you said something that trolls are normally saying and is known as the most common anti-wii post.

This is "my wii is gathering dust", or "let me dust of my wii."

You didn't mean it as offensive but it gets annoying when everyone says it.

I think what he is trying to say is that, by mistake, you said something that trolls are normally saying and is known as the most common anti-wii post.

This is "my wii is gathering dust", or "let me dust of my wii."

You didn't mean it as offensive but it gets annoying when everyone says it.

Thing is, he had already accused me of being a troll, and then makes it out like there is no way I can use the comment genuinely. Anyways, what is said is said and was way off topic.

On topic: If it's all on capcom's servers, does that mean every time we switch on the machine to play, we will have a long wait as it downloads the next missions or checks to see if there are new ones?

Edited by Deathjam
paragraph restructure

*sigh* topic derailment much?

Back on-topic... this game has potential to be a big seller, there are many - including myself - who have yet to play a Monster Hunter game and from the looks of things this sounds like the ideal entry point not to mention a strong contender for being the best incarnation yet of it.

Hopefully Europe will be getting similar treatment to Japan with regards to hardware bundles because this clearly could well be an excellent system seller.

Trolling? What is it with this "Deathjam is a troll" BS. Really pissing me off. Anyways, from my experience, wireless has been shit for me.

I was not calling you a troll, I just said that because you were calling each other trolls.

Either your router is shitty or it's configured improperly. I have 0ms of latency to any of my home devices independetly of cable or wifi connection. That includes a 0ms ping to my Wii. So don't blame your improperly configured connection on Nintendo. If Wifi would really have a ridiculous high ping as you said it would never caught on.

To be back on topic: That intro video makes me piss my pants. Really want this.

I was not calling you a troll, I just said that because you were calling each other trolls.

Either your router is shitty or it's configured improperly. I have 0ms of latency to any of my home devices independetly of cable or wifi connection. That includes a 0ms ping to my Wii. So don't blame your improperly configured connection on Nintendo. If Wifi would really have a ridiculous high ping as you said it would never caught on.

To be back on topic: That intro video makes me piss my pants. Really want this.

IMO it's caught on because of convenience. Most PC gamers swear by wired. Go on Counterstrike and see if I am wrong.

I play on wireless with 40-60ms ping near me, and 120-150 everywhere else (including UK) Whats more is my router is in my basement on the other end of the house.

As for Wii online, I've only done CoD WaW, and I'd average 2 bars, but that's because the game chooses a player to host the server, and if the host has a poor connection so does everyone else. Monster Hunter 3 will likely be a lot better in that regard since you'll just be connecting to Capcom hosted and maintained servers.

I play on wireless with 40-60ms ping near me, and 120-150 everywhere else (including UK) Whats more is my router is in my basement on the other end of the house.

As for Wii online, I've only done CoD WaW, and I'd average 2 bars, but that's because the game chooses a player to host the server, and if the host has a poor connection so does everyone else. Monster Hunter 3 will likely be a lot better in that regard since you'll just be connecting to Capcom hosted and maintained servers.

you do realise that a ping over 100 but more often, over 150, will get you kicked off most servers...but can we just let the matter rest as I will never have faith in wireless and I am really tired of being off topic.

IMO it's caught on because of convenience. Most PC gamers swear by wired. Go on Counterstrike and see if I am wrong.

I have played many online games including Counter Strike on my PC and my latency is completely independent of wire or wireless. It's dependent of my ISP.

I say it again: me, or anyone with a properly configured network has a 0ms latency between devices. And there's nothing faster than a zero.

Monster Hunter 3 will likely be a lot better in that regard since you'll just be connecting to Capcom hosted and maintained servers.

Are you sure this will be how they will implement it? This could be good or bad depending on who you are playing with.

In my case I would be playing with someone very close by with fast connection speeds, so sending all the info to Capcom servers wherever they are would slow me down. But maybe it's better that way. More consistent connections perhaps?

Are you sure this will be how they will implement it? This could be good or bad depending on who you are playing with.

In my case I would be playing with someone very close by with fast connection speeds, so sending all the info to Capcom servers wherever they are would slow me down. But maybe it's better that way. More consistent connections perhaps?

If they use the same system as they did in the PS2 game then I dont see any problems. I played with people all over Europe ( seperate US/Euro servers ) and I didn't have any lag at all.