NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

Just been playing more, did the first quest in single player, upgraded my sword and got armour for my waist and legs.

Went online to see if I could figure out what to do, Hero-Of-Time was the only person here whoose online name I could 100% remember so tried a search and found him online, added and joined him. Took me a while to figure out how to type in the chat log thing..no keyboard... and I assume neither HoT or his friends had WiiSpeak as I was the only one with a speaker icon.... took me even longer to figure out were to go and how to join the quest, haha... I think that took longer than the actual quest. haha.

Was a good laugh, wish I had more time to stay online... will be next Friday or Saturday before I get to play again, going away tomorrow morning, but I look forward to more online action :D

EDIT:

Oh yeah is there only the like 12 areas in the Moga Woods where you can hunt or will other areas unlock later?

You should have stayed on a little longer, Mokong. We were gonna go kill something big to get you some good armour. As for Moga Woods, yeah it only has 12 areas.

I took down a few new monsters yesterday both on and offline. We and my mates took down a few Rathian ( REVENGE!!! ) who has a new attack which pins someone down and then just starts eating him.

We defeated a Gobul, which is a giant blowfish. He took a fair beating and actually killed me and made me use all of my potions up! He is much easier offline though.

Lastly I killed Lagiacrus!! That fight is soooooo cool. At first you just have to repel it but later he comes back and you have to kill the thing. Once he goes into rage mode he becomes very dangerous, especially his electric spin attack. With my little Cha-Cha helping me we were victorious!

I upgraded my amour to a full Ignot set ( 18 def each piece ) which makes me look a bit like Sauron off Lord of the Rings. :) I also got me a new sword which does 624 attack damage and looks awesome.

I apoligise to Ike, Marcel and STOOPIDDITTIES.

Ike came into town and left me a message but I was away in the shower, Marcel entered town as I went offline to kill Lagiacrus andSTOOPIDDITTIES entered town and couldn't join our quests last night due to a lower HR.

Will be playing this today at some point, probably in the afternoon. Still dont understand it all. I did a few offline quests, should I keep doing them or could I just keep playing online?

To add, I wasted 50 minutes trying to catch a fucking goldenfish yesterday, FUCK THAT

Edited by James

To add, I wasted 50 minutes trying to catch a fucking goldenfish yesterday, FUCK THAT

Takes 2 seconds if you use the right bait. Just combine a firefly and Snakebee Larva and you have Goldfish bait. this will only make goldfish appear and bite down on the fishing rod.

Had some good quests with my nephew, his mate and Stallion off these very forums this morning. We did the goldfish quest and Royal Ludroth crashed the party, he was in for a surprise when we dropped our fishing rods and killed him in 5 mins. :D

We killed a few more boss monsters for fun aswell, most of them taking no more than 5 mins now as myself and my nephew and some pretty strong equipment on us.

Has anyone tried doing the arena quest online yet? The fastest i've got so far has been 3mins 40odd secs, just can't seem to get that S rank! :hmm:

Can Europeans play with australians online since we're both PAL, or is it strictly Eu - Eu?

Can Europeans play with australians online since we're both PAL, or is it strictly Eu - Eu?

Who knows, since AUSTRALIA HASN'T GOT THE GAME YET!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

This is tempting me. Is it okay that it's tempting me?

Who knows, since AUSTRALIA HASN'T GOT THE GAME YET!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I dunno if this helps but my mates brother gave him his Wii to play this on and its an Australian machine but he's using the European game. He's been playing with us just fine so hopefully you guys will just hook up with us.

This is tempting me. Is it okay that it's tempting me?

Give in to temptation. You owe it to yourself!

Ike came into town and left me a message but I was away in the shower, Marcel entered town as I went offline to kill Lagiacrus andSTOOPIDDITTIES entered town and couldn't join our quests last night due to a lower HR.

I felt like you're little brother who wasn't old enough to go out late with you and your friends. :sad:

No problem :hehe: we'll play some other time:P

Does the game support EDTV/HDTV? There should be a marking in the back cover, if so. I'm using a PC monitor, and the cable only works with games that support EDTV.

Also, how is the wiimote control scheme? Tolerable or frustrating?

Yea the game supports EDTV/HDTV, and yes the wiimote-nunchuck config is playable. And i may sound weird but i find the game less confusing with the wiimote and nunchuck.

And now for all of you:

Im really impressed with the visuals on MH3, its sertainly the best looking wii game to date (expecially the desert, my jaw litterly dropped and i own a 360, and playing on a 37 inch hdtv).

Really curious how nintendo will top that with zelda wii:grin:

You should have stayed on a little longer, Mokong. We were gonna go kill something big to get you some good armour. As for Moga Woods, yeah it only has 12 areas.

Haha, I would have liked to but the wife vito'ed my play time :heh:

Posted?

bio4xmgkh2x82pk7k.jpg

Holy crap, someone really nerdy translated that.

Well this game soundly drags you in a keeps you going, Struggled ages to beat that thing that you have to fight in the water, royal something or other. with the tail you can chop off and the mane. then joined a game with some level 7's and finally beat him. Like the way everyone seems to get on well and no dicking about.

Quick question, your HR when that goes up do any stats? Or it only goes up so you can unlock more areas and quests to defeat more bigger enemies to then gain better armour and weapons?

Edited by James

OMFG Monsterhunter tri debuted at nr5 in the UK chart:hehe: is this finally the breakout core game for the wii, and showing that such game CAN sell on the wii?. Think we'll know by the end of this week, but its a very good sign:bouncy:

LW--TW--Title

1----1----TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL: CONVICTION

2----2----JUST DANCE

3----3----GRAND THEFT AUTO EPISODES - LIBERTY CITY

5----4----WII FIT PLUS

-----5----MONSTER HUNTER TRI

4----6----BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2

7----7----WII SPORTS RESORT

9----8----CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2

6----9----JUST CAUSE 2

8----10---POKEMON SOULSILVER

Edited by marcel

Quick question, your HR when that goes up do any stats? Or it only goes up so you can unlock more areas and quests to defeat more bigger enemies to then gain better armour and weapons?

Yeah, thats pretty much it.

OMFG Monsterhunter tri debuted at nr5 in the UK chart:hehe: is this finally the breakout core game for the wii, and showing that such game CAN sell on the wii?. Think we'll know by the end of this week, but its a very good sign:bouncy:

Outstanding! Looking at the amount of people online quite a few picked it up across Europe.

Well my long weekend marathon of playing MH is over and its back to work I go. :( I managed to put in just under 60 hours and get to HR 19 so it wasn't all bad. :)

Last night me and my hunting party had our HR 17 urgent quests so we had to fight Lagiacrus 3 times in a row. Now the fight offline is already pretty cool but online its so much better. Its great seeing your mates swim about trying to look for an opening to attack, and the teamwork element really paid off.

One of the sidequests is to collect a wyvern tear which is pretty simple in any other fight but in this you want to be at full strength. I threw a Sonic Bomb which made Lagi drop one, my mate picked it up and then used a Farcaster, which teleports you back to base, while the rest of us kept attacking. It worked out great as he got back to the fight alot quicker.

After the first fight we really got the hang of it and eventually we were bringing him own with ease. As a bonus myself and one of my group managed to snag a couple of Lagi Plates ( carve/reward rate 4%/6% ) which was a nice surprise.

Offline im into the last set of quests and some of the monsters now are dealing some major damage. My little Cha-Cha friend has become a welcome addition as he acts as a great distraction while I heal or sharpen my weapon. He was VERY helpful in the Barioth fight as that thing was a nightmare. Once I managed to chop off its tail it wasn't as hard and I got the win. :D

This week is going to be hell having to go to work 2-10, im gonna miss most of the hunts online. :( I will have to do some early morning cramming sessions. :grin:

Outstanding! Looking at the amount of people online quite a few picked it up across Europe.

The numbers arent in just yet (yea yea i know VGchart isnt very reliable, but its the only open sales data for europe atleast) but the best first week for a monster hunter in europe is 25 000 and thats for Monster hunter freedom unite for the psp.

But judging from the UK data, and the people online i would say that tri has passed that.

And that only proves that good games, with great online and good graphics. And with decent marketing a wii core game CAN sell well.

Also, i could be wrong but is this the first "core"3rd party wii game that hit the top 5 in the UK? or are there more games that got that?

Edited by marcel

Hero, now you've played it more. How similar are the quests for online and offline? I know I keep asking, but I wondered if they keep mirroring each other completely or not; or whether they become separate entities.

I can see why this game is so big in Japan, it's absolutely amazing! I wish I couldve put more hours into it so far though, I'm not playing it nearly as much as I'd like to!

Whoa, a series that's never done well in the West and is now on a console where core games typically don't sell well...is at number 5? Damn...

Hero, now you've played it more. How similar are the quests for online and offline? I know I keep asking, but I wondered if they keep mirroring each other completely or not; or whether they become separate entities.

They are pretty much the same until you get to the higher ranked quests online.

I went straight online last night after work and got down to some 3 Star questing. We took on Rathlos which is alot harder than the previous games. Capcom seem to have given the beast more HP and his new attacks are quite brutal, especially if your armour has a weakness to fire. They have made so the thing doesn't fly around as much which is a relief.

We also fought a Gigginnox which is a freaky looking thing. If you've played MH1 its very similar to Khezu except its a poision type and has two heads! He kept leaping around the ceiling and then flattening me, but we managed to kill the sucka.

Finally we took on Uragaan which after 30 mins of fighting killed us. The thing is quite the beast and we got it limping but we couldn't bring it down for the kill. He turns himself into a rock ball and bombs around the zone at you. He also pounds down on you with his massive chin. :D

I did a little more offline questing today as im trying to make full Rathlos armour and to my surprise I received a Rathlos plate in the rewards screen after the mission! Im getting very luckey with these things so far. :)

Edited by Hero-of-Time

They are pretty much the same until you get to the higher ranked quests online.

I went straight online last night after work and got down to some 3 Star questing. We took on Rathlos which is alot harder than the previous games. Capcom seem to have given the beast more HP and his new attacks are quite brutal, especially if your armour has a weakness to fire. They have made so the thing doesn't fly around as much which is a relief.

We also fought a Gigginnox which is a freaky looking thing. If you've played MH1 its very similar to Khezu except its a poision type and has two heads! He kept leaping around the ceiling and then flattening me, but we managed to kill the sucka.

Finally we took on Uragaan which after 30 mins of fighting killed us. The thing is quite the beast and we got it limping but we couldn't bring it down for the kill. He turns himself into a rock ball and bombs around the zone at you. He also pounds down on you with his massive chin. :D

I did a little more offline questing today as im trying to make full Rathlos armour and to my surprise I received a Rathlos plate in the rewards screen after the mission! Im getting very luckey with these things so far. :)

Hey, without sounding too whiney, please come online and help me level up! We need to arrange a meet for all the N-Europe people, especially those who have Wii Speak :)