NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

I have the standard classic controller, whats the difference with that and the pro?

Grips... and shinyness plus probably better shoulder buttons? - Idk as I don't own one only seen pics -

------------------------------------------

Played about an hour of this and it's enjoyable but I'm still trying to get my head around it all, very similar to PSO in some of its mechanics though which is a good thing, it also gives a good feeling when you start it because you're in an RPG world but you know it's going to be unlike anything you've ever played before just by wandering around a bit; theres more than enough which makes the game its own too which is rare in these types of games these days.

I'm gonna enjoy playing this more when I get the time to properly get into it. :)

Edited by S.C.G

hmmm oh well, Im getting this bad boy tomorrow, I so hope its like PSO.

Just picked up a copy of the game (bundled with wii speak and the ccp) on my way home from work... can't wait to get in and get this on!

Ooh, also, I hot the Rathalos figurine even though I didn't pre-order it. Nice!

DESTINY!!!

Nintendo have had my Wiis for 2 months. I ordered this game. Worried I wasnt going to have my wiis and play on my mates, thus starting again when my wiis arrive.

Anyway, yesterday I had a slip from parcel force. MY WII'S ARE HERE!!!! And then today, there was a one hour window when someone was in the house. Buying the treasure chest meant it wouldn't get posted through my letterbox. My mate text me to say post had been but no red slip and definitely no treasure chest - boo!!! Half an hour later, 2nd post, treasure chest here!!

So now I'm at home, with my 2 wiis, and monster hunter3, ready to rock.

Also means I'm back for mario Kart, Conduit and Tatsunoko!!!

Oh, and I have a brand new boxed wii speak if anyone wants to buy it off me. Also have two boxed, mint condition classic controllers!!!

Do I have to have Wii Speak for this? Will people not want to play with me?

I've got the game, gonna wait a bit before going online as I find that a bit daunting.

Quick question; is the game any good offline? I can't play online anymore.

I should have my first impressions posted on GameBrit.com pretty soon, I'll post a link here once the article goes live.

But yeah, really enjoying this so far. Only been able to get a few hours play time and I haven't got my head around some of the features but it's a very nice looking game and I'm looking forward to many hours of fun!

DESTINY!!!

Nintendo have had my Wiis for 2 months. I ordered this game. Worried I wasnt going to have my wiis and play on my mates, thus starting again when my wiis arrive.

Anyway, yesterday I had a slip from parcel force. MY WII'S ARE HERE!!!! And then today, there was a one hour window when someone was in the house. Buying the treasure chest meant it wouldn't get posted through my letterbox. My mate text me to say post had been but no red slip and definitely no treasure chest - boo!!! Half an hour later, 2nd post, treasure chest here!!

So now I'm at home, with my 2 wiis, and monster hunter3, ready to rock.

Also means I'm back for mario Kart, Conduit and Tatsunoko!!!

Oh, and I have a brand new boxed wii speak if anyone wants to buy it off me. Also have two boxed, mint condition classic controllers!!!

:D

Do I have to have Wii Speak for this? Will people not want to play with me?

I've got the game, gonna wait a bit before going online as I find that a bit daunting.

I have Wii Speak but haven't used it on this thus far. It's not necessary but I can imagine it would be helpful on tougher quests.

Quick question; is the game any good offline? I can't play online anymore.

I... wouldn't recommend it.

What are people's name's on this? And do you have to be online for someone to add you?

I didn't get a figure from Gameplay even though I preordered, anyone else order it from Gameplay?

Well, that's one game off my to buy list.

??? the game more than holds its own offline... I can't speak for the online mode but it's very enjoyable offline and works well as a single player game.

-----------------------------------

What's the 'Import Arena Data' option for and what would I benefit from doing so?

??? the game more than holds its own offline... I can't speak for the online mode but it's very enjoyable offline and works well as a single player game.

-----------------------------------

What's the 'Import Arena Data' option for and what would I benefit from doing so?

I think it's taking character data from the Wii Remote onto a friends Wii to do Arena.

name "SILENT M"

ID "CHKABU"

add me :)

in the online mode can you use wii speak with random people? because i can see they have wii speak but there is a red cross net to it also?

edit , als the books you buy 1 -2 -3 ect do they have to be in your puch to take effect or will they still work being stored in the box?

Edited by yesteryeargames

ok cool, how do you add freinds to your list i tried looking for you guys by ID and name and nothing is found, i tried sending a messege with friend invite but it says that person is offline

Finally home from work to see that my new keyboard has arrived (VERY NICE) and so has my copy of Monster Hunter 3 and the CCP (EVEN NICER). Finally its time to dust off my wii properly and get into this game full swing. From the impressions I have seen here, things are very positive. Any recommendations on what weapon I should start with first. Really want to be unique but cool at the same time :P. May just go with one of the big guns.

Friend you want to add has to be on at the same time, and you go to the online portion of the main menu, then compose a message to someone, enter their ID number and if you want to make it a friend request.

Want to jump online just now?

Finally home from work to see that my new keyboard has arrived (VERY NICE) and so has my copy of Monster Hunter 3 and the CCP (EVEN NICER). Finally its time to dust off my wii properly and get into this game full swing. From the impressions I have seen here, things are very positive. Any recommendations on what weapon I should start with first. Really want to be unique but cool at the same time :P. May just go with one of the big guns.

You start off with the Sword & Sheild and Great Sword. Those will do you fine untill you get materials for other weapons.

Name: "Spune"

ID: "MI6YUY"

(Also in my sig).

Just did online for the first time with randomers... was awesome. Still learning everything but this could easily eat away many of my hours this summer.

lstmario

TW511G (I think)

I'm going back on at 10 for a 2 hour hunting session, anyone interested in joining me online?

I have the standard classic controller, whats the difference with that and the pro?

Although I got the game with the Pro pad, I've only been playing with the normal CC so far and I don't see what the fuss is about about - it seems perfectly fine to me.

lstmario

TW511G (I think)

I'm going back on at 10 for a 2 hour hunting session, anyone interested in joining me online?

I'm not very far into the game, in that I've done 2 quests from the guild so I don't know have much of an idea what I'm doing but I should be able to join at that time.

I'm just going to try and add everyone who's posted their IDs. I'll be on at 10 to join you two if you want?

I'm not very far into the game, in that I've done 2 quests from the guild so I don't know have much of an idea what I'm doing but I should be able to join at that time.

I'm just going to try and add everyone who's posted their IDs. I'll be on at 10 to join you two if you want?

I've done one quest in my two hour play, got kinda used to the controls. So far I am impressed, so many hours will be lost to this game.

Post your names & IDs and I'll add you both at 10.