NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

Last night I finally did my Alatreon urgent quest and I'm now HR51! Thanks to everyone I've played with over the last 150+ hours of gaming greatness - Godrick, Lostmario, Mokong, Hellfire and all the others I've played with.

Special thanks to Hero of Time and Deathjam for helping last night with Alatreon.

Extra special thanks to Kav - we went all the way from picking mushrooms to HR51 together - what an incredible journey.

Now for the level 6 quests...

I have to echo Zechs' thanks here! It's been awesome gaming with you all on this... now you all need Wii Speak as it takes me forever to type anything out without a keyboard and I'd rather hear your voices get distorted over Wii Speak anyway... apparently I sound like Terry Christian! Haha

Finally beat the urgent level 3 quests offline. I hate fighting in water, especially when you can barely see a thing as it is.

Still, onwards and upwards.

Them Alatreon battles were great. We had a few rough starts but we got there in the end. :D

I hope this doesn't mean you guys are done with the game now. There's still plenty to do and achieve, not to mention all the armours and weapons to collect.

Me and my mates were farming Gobul for a few lantern+ after work last night for about 2 hours. I managed to get 1 as did Rai yet Dan managed to net 4! We can take him down in 5 mins now by fishing him out, sleeping him, 3 charging the lantern for the break and then tanning him. We set a trap up at the end of the area as he always escapes the same way and then we just catch him. Very easy runs.

We also did a couple of Qurus last night. I took Tenebra with ice element, Dan took fully upgraded water LS and Rai had the para LS. The poor thing died in 2 minutes. Its such a laugh to see him to try to hobble away and call for help.

New event is up today. Its a dual Aganakor quest which nets you tickets for another new weapon. :D Methinks I will be trying that when I get in from work at 10.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Finished with the game? Hell no!!!

I'll still be on this almost every night for as long as I can see! With breaks here and there for games like SMG2, Metroid and Zelda.

Finished with the game? Hell no!!!

I'll still be on this almost every night for as long as I can see! With breaks here and there for games like SMG2, Metroid and Zelda.

YOU BETTER BE ON TONIGHT lol, usual time mate! :)

Rathalos is being a right pain offline. First of all I was having problem staying alive, so I made some Rathalos armor (from online) to boost my fire resistance and forged a hammer with a water element. Git him weak weak enough so he starts limping, but I was down to about the last 10 minutes, then he kept flying between areas, I get to the next area and flys off again so I ran out of time because he wouldn't stay in one area long enough! AS good as the game is, things like this are really annoying.

I'll be taking a break to play Galaxy 2, not sure if I should go back to this after or play other games I've haven't played yet.

I'm having a tough time deciding on a weapon, I'm liking the GS and don't have materials to make a LS yet, because everytime I quested online I kinda neglected mining obviously.

High Chief's Grt Sword or Lagriacus Blade? (Don't have awakening yet obviously)

Edited by Hellfire

I think everyone should have at least one GS; the High Sieglinde... what a sword! 960 Attack with 420 Poison and a fairly decent sharpness. It's a quest ender!

Although there are so many awesome weapons, each having fantastic attributes for specific battles. I tend to use a mixture of GS, LS, Lance and S&S dependant on the quest itself.

I love the great swords and the long swords. We have a good little plan online, I use a shadow binder P (LS) which is very good as it has paralysis, once you've got the enemy paralysed a few times it's effectively like having a bunch of free shock traps! I also love the mutilator blade, which has a good sharpness and 912 attack with a +20 defence bonus.

Kav speaks the truth when saying that the High Sieglinde is a great sword to use. Me and my mates all went for this early on in the game as its quite easy to make, has good raw damage and the poison element is a nice bonus.

The Shadowbinder is a great LS to use in a group especially if you have a hammer user with you. You get the para on the beast and then the hammer user charges the head which usually knocks the monster out by the time he comes out of the para. Lay down a trap while hes knocked out and your laughing. :D

Nice to see you guys are still gonna be playing the game. Like you I will be juggling games when titles like Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid arrive but MH3 will still be getting a little of my time.

I did that new event last night where you fight 2 Agnaktors, man was it tough. We had to do it 3 times to get the amount of tickets we needed for the new Switch Axe but it was quite a desperate fight at some stages.

Ive just been sending my fishing fleet offline for abit this morning, trying to get lots of scatterfish for the weekend just in case anyone wants to do Alatreon sleeps runs.

What's the easiest way to get money, I always seem short on cash?

For me, I usually capture monsters

High Sieglende... OK when I have more free time I'll work on that, although it's from a completly different branch from the one I'm using now. Cheers!

Well a few days ago I would have said do the egg carrying event as you clean house on that in terms of cash and sellable items. Now just do quests as normal and you should have enough money providing your not making multiple weapons and armour.

Also check if you have any Steel eggs in your item box lying around, their good for a 1000z each, I had stocked up 11 once, haha.

I'm getting into a habbit of forging/upgrading stuff and not paying attention to the cost and then realising I don't have enough to do a quest :heh:... quick run to the item box to see what I can get away with selling.

Question, can you sell armor? I just realised I somehow have 2 Barroth Mails?

...Question, can you sell armor? I just realised I somehow have 2 Barroth Mails?

Yes you can. There's a woman you can buy or sell weapons and armor from in the armory (is that how you spell "armory"..? lol).

On a side note, I've made myself a Bowgun Set to use. I thought I'd try it out and see how I like it!

Yes you can. There's a woman you can buy or sell weapons and armor from in the armory (is that how you spell "armory"..? lol).

On a side note, I've made myself a Bowgun Set to use. I thought I'd try it out and see how I like it!

Can't you just sell it from the box you equip it at? I sell loads of weapons there that I get for free after doing quests!

For me, I usually capture monsters

I spammed the capture a Royal Ludroth last night, only took me about 5 minutes per run and sold the reward items that and got me a ton of money in a short time, I also sent out my fleet to hunt for treasure so that helped (took me ages to figure out how to make them hunt for treasure). Now that I have a load of money I don't know what to spend it on :P.

Okay. I went away for a few weeks and haven't played this in a month and only played it a little before I went away. But I want to get back in to it. I'm surprised you guys are beasting it still and wondered what your thoughts were not you've played loads of it. Is there still loads to do after hours and hours of gameplay? How quickly do you max out? Does it still provide a challenge etc?

I've barely touched it and can't wait to sink some time into it. Shame that I can't really play with you guys as I'm so far behind but I have a few mates who have it and are at a similar level. I suppose I just wondered what you all thought over time. Also, how long have you actually played it total? Hero still seems to be mental with it so surely it's in the hundreds?

PS You may have said. But I don't want to read the thread in case of spoilers

Im currently sitting at 390 hours played and im HR 126. :D There's still loads for me to do such as getting certain weapons, all the awards and all of the titles. Plus I enjoy just hopping online and helping random people out. Best £30 i've ever spent. :)

You can still play with us despite our ranks, just as long as you don't play on the rookie servers then we can hook up anytime.

110 hours in (HR41) and there is still so much for me to do.

Don't worry about being a low level dazzybee, we will all help you complete quests and level up

Hell yeah we will. Just give a Call to Arms on here and the N-E Hunters will form a group!

...after a bit more Mario-time anyhow!

Edited by Kav
I bought SMG2!

Dazzy, if you want to get you HR up just make sure you go the N-E faithful on your friendlists and as Kav says, post a call to arms in the online thread, I know for sure if it weren't for the N-E peeps (mostly Kav and Zechs) I'd likely still be in the low teens or something.

GAH, need help with Ceadeus offline, how do I get him to area 3, he keeps going the other way and failing the quest... even if I use a bomb to open up the route to area 3 he still breaks the other one and swims away?

I've not gotten that far in the offline game... hell, offline I've not done much at all, haha.