NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

You can get minis from high rank quests as well, right? I've gotten the idea that high rank is the best way to get both crowns...Also, does the award "silver crowns from village monsters" need both large and small crowns, or just either one?

Yeah high ranked is the way to go. I also find the advanced quests seem to give larger monsters so do them if you can. Oh and yeah the minis are best hunted for on the high rank aswell.

For the silver crown award you just need to king size, not the minis.

After 48 kills of Alatreon all of his melee weapons and armour are now mine. 9 Skypiercers off 48 kills aint bad, about 10 of those were just probably killing him without breaking the head aswell. So much time wasted. :(

I went hunting for a king Barroth again yesterday, still no luck. This thing is a myth I tell ya!

Yeah high ranked is the way to go. I also find the advanced quests seem to give larger monsters so do them if you can. Oh and yeah the minis are best hunted for on the high rank aswell.

For the silver crown award you just need to king size, not the minis.

After 48 kills of Alatreon all of his melee weapons and armour are now mine. 9 Skypiercers off 48 kills aint bad, about 10 of those were just probably killing him without breaking the head aswell. So much time wasted. :(

I went hunting for a king Barroth again yesterday, still no luck. This thing is a myth I tell ya!

I need some Skypiercers, I don;t seem to get any :( I want the Dark Demise LS.

Lagiacrus blade (and eventually its upgrades) for a Thn weapon yay or nay? High Chief's GS has 3 slots and all, but it's an evolutionary dead end.

Also wanna make a new armor while I don't have the materials for Rathian set, thinking of Lagiacrus or Barioth, what suggest you?

Lagiacrus blade (and eventually its upgrades) for a Thn weapon yay or nay? High Chief's GS has 3 slots and all, but it's an evolutionary dead end.

Also wanna make a new armor while I don't have the materials for Rathian set, thinking of Lagiacrus or Barioth, what suggest you?

I suggest Barioth, anytime you then go to the Tundra or the Sandy Plains (at night) use that because you'll not need hot drinks and having the Evasion skill is awesome!

MEGABUMP. :heh:

This clashed with WarioWare: D.I.Y. back when it came out, so it went on my "to buy" list.

But I finally picked it up today after welsh_gamer's tip-off in the bargain thread. A tenner from Argos!! :awesome:

Just finished playing for the first time, found it pretty confusing to be honest. Sooooo much stuff going on! :heh:

Loving that there are funny cat characters in this though. And a nappy wearing pig. :laughing:

But yeah, I think it's going to take me quite a while to get to grips with this one.

Hopefully there's still some life left in the online aspect. I know that darksnowman has also picked this up though, so that's cool. :smile:

I just wanna post this in here, already posted it in general bargains:

Well I'm putting this out there if anyone has a store that has more than one copy of tri please pick it up for me and I will pay for it and postage etc...

I also bought MH Tri today after reading in the bargain board about it being a tenner in Argos. Graphically, its really good. The scenery, the animation and the night sky has all looked great. What didn't look great was the burnt meat I roasted but I still ate it. Character creation was fun in a cringey sort of way. :heh: The clothes are pure Mr Gay UK.

Just finished playing for the first time, found it pretty confusing to be honest. Sooooo much stuff going on! :heh:

Loving that there are funny cat characters in this though. And a nappy wearing pig. :laughing:

But yeah, I think it's going to take me quite a while to get to grips with this one.

I've just done up until the point where you bring back the 30 resource points to repair the village. Its hurting my brain but I'll get used to it as I get to spend more time with it. I tried to carve the Jaggi's but the option didn't come up. I realised when going back to the village that you can only carve when you sheath your sword. Must remember that in future.

The cat is great, haha. Knew you'd love it!

Hopefully there's still some life left in the online aspect. I know that darksnowman has also picked this up though, so that's cool. :smile:

Yeah, I'll definitely want to try it out. Dunno how much of the game I should play solo before going online though. ::shrug:

RedShell.. darksnowman.. from Wii Music compositions to Goldeneye 007 deathmatches to this..?

When did we become so hardcore? :heh:

What didn't look great was the burnt meat I roasted but I still ate it.
Hehehe! I did that too. Why the hell does it remove stamina though? It's still food! :heh:

Character creation was fun in a cringey sort of way. :heh: The clothes are pure Mr Gay UK.
:laughing:

The character creation thing wasn't as in-depth as I was expecting it to be, and yeah the initial clothing options are terrible.

Probably doesn't help that we've been spoilt with DQIX and its awesome collection of wardrobe items.

I realised when going back to the village that you can only carve when you sheath your sword. Must remember that in future.
That confused me at first too, seems really weird that you have to put away your weapon, only to take it out again to carve. ::shrug:

Yeah, I'll definitely want to try it out. Dunno how much of the game I should play solo before going online though. ::shrug:
I'm guessing a few hours should be enough, I'd like to get a bit more confident with the controls first really.

I started playing with the Wii Remote + Nunchuck combo and it was messy. Switched to the Classic Controller though and that definitely made things easier, still not very good at swimming though. :hmm:

RedShell.. darksnowman.. from Wii Music compositions to Goldeneye 007 deathmatches to this..?

When did we become so hardcore? :heh:

LOL. Yeah, what's going on? :grin:

Wait a second- You're a new Monster Hunter too!? Good times! icon14.gif

Now we just need flameboy to secure a copy and we'll have our N-E MH noob tribe ready to roll. :awesome:

Sounds like I need to bring my 450+ hours 150+ level character out of retirement and help you guys settle in online.

Will you be online this weekend??

Sounds like I need to bring my 450+ hours 150+ level character out of retirement and help you guys settle in online.

Will you be online this weekend??

Thats a bit overkill isn't it? I mean no offence, but the greatest pleasure of starting the game was doing all the hunts with hunters on the same lvl as me with low ranking equipment and everything. It made it fun for 4 new beginners to find out how to kill a certain monster. Rather then having one high ranking hunter just easily killing monsters one after another letting the others do practically no work.

Thats a bit overkill isn't it? I mean no offence, but the greatest pleasure of starting the game was doing all the hunts with hunters on the same lvl as me with low ranking equipment and everything. It made it fun for 4 new beginners to find out how to kill a certain monster. Rather then having one high ranking hunter just easily killing monsters one after another letting the others do practically no work.

I think Losty is more aiming to become the Laughing Old Japanese Fat Guy standing in the back, watching the eager rookies do all the work:grin:

Good luck with that Redshell:laughing:

I think Losty is more aiming to become the Laughing Old Japanese Fat Guy standing in the back, watching the eager rookies do all the work:grin:

Good luck with that Redshell:laughing:

Exactly, I would step in if required, but help them get used to online play.

Give them tips etc

I havent' played in aaaages, I'm not as strong as some of the guys here, but I'd be happy to help out when I can ;) Need to get back in the game, still have so much to do!

If anyone's playing on friday night i'd be up for some online action. I'm only a few hours into it and haven't had much chance to try an online battle.

I agree. It's much more fun playing with other guys that share your level...so you just might want to use the Rookie (?) servers, for they are limited to those under HR30 ;) That's what I did, and had a great time learning to play with other beginners :)

Yeah, I'll definitely want to try it out. Dunno how much of the game I should play solo before going online though.

Well, just get used to the basics first, like mining, gathering materials, making armours, trapping and capturing etc. Found in Level 2 quests...however, you learn by doing anyway, so might as well jump into the online earlier.

Anyway, happy to see so many people pick this game up at last. After 380 hours, I can tell you...you're in for an awesome ride. So many good memories...makes me want to start a new char, or at least finish my collections :)

I agree. It's much more fun playing with other guys that share your level...so you just might want to use the Rookie (?) servers, for they are limited to those under HR30 ;) That's what I did, and had a great time learning to play with other beginners :)

I have 2 other profiles on MHTri :D

It's fun knowing a lot and going into battle with low ranking fighters while you are also with the same standards of armour and weapon's

I have 2 other profiles on MHTri :D

It's fun knowing a lot and going into battle with low ranking fighters while you are also with the same standards of armour and weapon's

Nice... :) Might just try that for fun...would also be nice to see what the female armours look like ;)

I find it fun going in to low rank hunts without any armor on at all, it makes sure that you stay on your toes and dodge well, striking only when you can certainly land a hit. It sure is fun!

My inventory is full but one spot. I dunno what to do with the stuff I have. Sell? I'm about to do the first quest (mushroom hunting) and wanna clear some space for new pick ups.

I thought I bought a piece of chest armour but I can't figure how to equip it. When I go into the menu there is nothing but when I go to the shop it says I own one. Help!

My inventory is full but one spot. I dunno what to do with the stuff I have. Sell? I'm about to do the first quest (mushroom hunting) and wanna clear some space for new pick ups.

I thought I bought a piece of chest armour but I can't figure how to equip it. When I go into the menu there is nothing but when I go to the shop it says I own one. Help!

There is a box which allows you to store the stuff in your bag :heh: Think Resident Evil xD

There is a box which allows you to store the stuff in your bag :heh: Think Resident Evil xD

Ah ha, a chest in the bedroom! Allows me to equip gear as well as store items. :grin: Onwards!

Ah ha, a chest in the bedroom! Allows me to equip gear as well as store items. :grin: Onwards!
That got me for a while too, this game has some seriously bizarre menu/game-play mechanics. :heh:

While I remember, I've got a question for all the MH experts on here...

What's with the yellow question mark area in the cat cave, where you can search for something, but don't find anything? :blank:

What's with the yellow question mark area in the cat cave, where you can search for something, but don't find anything? :blank:

Good question, have been wondering that myself! Apparently, should your items get stolen by the cat-like Melynxes, that's where you can get them back :)

Still learning new stuff about this game... xD