NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

I love Cha-Cha, just wait until you get some more of his masks, especially the bomb one. :)
I've got the fluffy and BBQ grill masks (but have been mainly sticking with the default acorn one), a bomb mask sounds good though. :D

Anyway, I'm now going after that poison worm monster in the snowy area. He holds another of the ingredients that I need to get a fire sword.

It's so annoying that practically all of the early monsters have weakness to fire, yet it seems impossible to get a fire element weapon. :shakehead

Luckily I've got Cha-Cha rocking a fire attack, so that helps a little bit though.

Anyway, I'm now going after that poison worm monster in the snowy area. He holds another of the ingredients that I need to get a fire sword.

The Gigginox and Pale Extract? If Lostmario joins you tonight he should be able to help sort that out.

Get yourself to HR9 (if not done already) then do the 2star quest for Capture a Great Baggi. A Gigginox tends to show up in that as a freehunt. It's a low rank Gigginox so Lost should be able to take it down easy for ya. If it drops any items chances are it'll be Pale Extract so pick up any drops, but you're also likely to get some in carves and rewards too.

Don't know if you've noticed or not by now, but if you're ever wondering if there is a 2nd monster in a quest available to freehunt you can tell if the Quest details say the enviroment is "Stable" or "Unstable"

Stable = no freehunts will appear, Unstable = Freehunts may appear (not always but good chance they will)

God I wish I could be there hunting with ye tonight... Hurry up Mr. Postman!!!!!!

Tried turning on the Wii today... just in case.... still nothing :cry:

The Gigginox and Pale Extract?
Yeah, that's the one. :smile:

If Lostmario joins you tonight he should be able to help sort that out.

Get yourself to HR9 (if not done already) then do the 2star quest for Capture a Great Baggi. A Gigginox tends to show up in that as a freehunt. It's a low rank Gigginox so Lost should be able to take it down easy for ya. If it drops any items chances are it'll be Pale Extract so pick up any drops, but you're also likely to get some in carves and rewards too.

Think we might have done that quest actually, but the Gigginox didn't show up. I'd forgotten about getting the Pale Extract anyway. :heh:

I did manage to get some Flintstone tonight though, so that's good. icon14.gif

Hmmm, getting tempted to start playing this again, feel out of playing it when I took a break to play Galaxy 2...

Yeah, that's the one. :smile:

Think we might have done that quest actually, but the Gigginox didn't show up. I'd forgotten about getting the Pale Extract anyway. :heh:

I did manage to get some Flintstone tonight though, so that's good. icon14.gif

Well if your going to try for it again online. If Lost is there tell him to use his full Jho Armour, that has the Autotracker skill, that way if the Gigginox freehunt does show up he'll see it appear on the map. Sometimes you might think the freehunt didn't appear but you may have just been in a different area than it was all the time... also you gotta wait a few mins so tell Lost not to cap the Great Baggi too quickly, haha.: peace:

EDIT:

Actually a little tip for yourself and Darksnowman.

If you are playing the offline mode, make sure to use the fishing fleet and farm as much as you can. Great for helping farm items. I use the farm mostly for growing honey (though I think you may need to upgrade it a bit before you can start honey farming). Really helps to build up stocks of certain items that you'll end up needing lots of.

On the farm a "cycle" is half a day. So what I do is do a quest (or go to Moga woods to earn res points) during the Day then sleep in your bed at night... which turns it back to day and repeat. That is one day done and 2 cycles on the farm.

Note though you have to be in a quest or in the moga woods for 2mins or more for day to change to night when you return to the village.

With the fishing fleet, fix and upgrade your ships so that they can sail to the 2nd area. If you send them fishing to the 2nd area (with a fish finder item is prefered) they may bring back Sleepyfish and/or Scatterfish... save stocks of those, especially the Scatterfish, you'll need lots of those later on in the online mode for making bombs.

Or if you need extra cash send the fleet on a treasure hunt and sell what they bring back. But if they bring back any "Incomplete Crowns" from area 2, wait till you unlock area 3 and from there they may find Gemstones, combine the two to make a Dazziling Crown and sell for more money :wink:

Hmmm, getting tempted to start playing this again, feel out of playing it when I took a break to play Galaxy 2...

How far had you gone through it?

I got Galaxy 2 also on it's day one, but MH3 wouldn't let me play it :heh:

Only got the minimum number of stars to fight Bowser and that was it :heh:

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

So despite Ville's tips in the other thread, I'm having real trouble collecting flintstone. :hmm:

Is there anything else you can do to increase the chance of finding some?

Are you breaking his flints? You only have a chance of getting them if the flint is broken.

Also if there is a sub quest that requires you to break his flint you have a better chance of getting the flintsone if you complete the sub quest

How far had you gone through it?

I got Galaxy 2 also on it's day one, but MH3 wouldn't let me play it :heh:

Only got the minimum number of stars to fight Bowser and that was it :heh:

Erm offline Rathlos, or was it Rathanian or something. The dragon in the lava place.

Online I just started getting the advanced missions.

At last! I finally defeated Lagiacrus. :yay:

What a bugger though, if it wasn't for him going on land I'd never have done it.

That was a really satisfying victory, but what's this!?...

...Cha-Cha has disappeared! Nooooooooooooo!

:weep:

"Come back Cha-Cha!"

He does come back, right? :sad:

Killing Lagiacrus unlocked the armour colour change option too (so you were right, Mokong icon14.gif) but it's pretty crappy, only changing a tiny part of colour and just 3 choices. :zzz:

So I guess I'm nearing the end of the game now then, please tell me the final monster doesn't go underwater!? :heh:

Sorry RedShell, the final battle is an underwater one... entirely underwater!

ah dude you shouldn't have told him outright... should have just done this

:heh::woops::nono::wink::hug:

haha

Yeah the last offline monster is a fully underwater battle and he's a bitch if you are not prepared... he's alright if you are though... best to upgrade yourself online in preperation for him. There's also a fair bit of learning the area your in and seeing whats there that can be used.

As for the colour change thing. The amount of the part that changes differs from armour to amour, for example Royal Ludroth armour the whole thing changes. When you get to HR31 online you will be able to use a full colour pallet.

Oh and cha cha will return don't worry.

Damn... That is not what I wanted to hear. :heh:

ah dude you shouldn't have told him outright... should have just done this

:heh::woops::nono::wink::hug:

haha

Yeah the last offline monster is a fully underwater battle and he's a bitch if you are not prepared... he's alright if you are though... best to upgrade yourself online in preperation for him. There's also a fair bit of learning the area your in and seeing whats there that can be used.

Hopefully you can help me out with that when you get your Wii back, I'm seriously not looking forward to this battle now. :hmm:

As for the colour change thing. The amount of the part that changes differs from armour to amour, for example Royal Ludroth armour the whole thing changes. When you get to HR31 online you will be able to use a full colour pallet.
Yeah, I only tried it on my current armour (alloy), will be good to get the full option at HR31.

Oh and cha cha will return don't worry.
Thank God. I love that little guy. :grin:

Anyway, I'm currently doing quests in...

...the new volcano area. It's absolutely stunning!

:o

Liking that there are lots of Armour Spheres around, including the + versions. Should come in handy for all the upgrading I'll need to do before taking on the final monster. :awesome:

I've also switched from my Qurupeco Chopper, to Royal Claw+. I take it that's a good move for the volcano area, right?

Would quite like to upgrade that weapon further actually, but it requires Ludroth+ items, which I don't seem to have.

Are they only available online?

Damn... That is not what I wanted to hear. :heh:

Hopefully you can help me out with that when you get your Wii back, I'm seriously not looking forward to this battle now. :hmm:

Don't worry about it, it is actually quite an epic battle, I actually enjoyed it and I too hate underwater hunting.

Hoping to have my Wii back next week, it's not been sent back yet so hoping it's fixed and returned tomorrow and I get on Monday, fingers crossed

Anyway, I'm currently doing quests in...

...the new volcano area. It's absolutely stunning!

:o

Liking that there are lots of Armour Spheres around, including the + versions. Should come in handy for all the upgrading I'll need to do before taking on the final monster. :awesome:

I've also switched from my Qurupeco Chopper, to Royal Claw+. I take it that's a good move for the volcano area, right?

Would quite like to upgrade that weapon further actually, but it requires Ludroth+ items, which I don't seem to have.

Are they only available online?

Yeah that is a good move for that area for sure, any "+" item is indeed only online and only from monsters in 4 star quests or higher... so HR31... we call them High Rank monsters, that's why you might see me refer to monster in quests below 4 star as "Low".

Don't worry about it, it is actually quite an epic battle, I actually enjoyed it and I too hate underwater hunting.

Guys, the skill Olympic Swimmer is your friend then :D Especially with Ceadeus...actually been farming him a bit now, need one deep dragon gem for the Jhen barrel. So far the best time has been 18.50 with the Ala Gleam lance...might try the reset trick next.

The cluster runs with marky were great fun, Ala went down in 5.47! xD No webbings, as we kept dying more than actually clustering his keister, but got me thinking about bowgunning, especially Ala and his oh-so-high-and-mighty wings...Already did some Ura runs, bowgunner armour set complete... :)

Also, I did try soloing Jhen once more, now with Adr+2, Sharp+1 and Fortify. The crappy thing about this setup is that if you die, it's over. Exactly what happened...well played Jhen.

Update: Deep dragongem get! Took about 5 runs...5-6 mins per slay. Resetting for teh win :)

Edited by Ville

I played some offline MH earlier this morning. I think I've done all the lvl 2 quests now (the lvl 3 ones are open) and I have Cha-Cha! I took him with me on one quest and he's levelled up to lvl 3 now. He seems like a legend. :grin:

Cha-Cha > Prince Tricky

I need Monster Fluid, or some kind of fluid, for one of the resource quests. Where can I get that? And what about... dung...?

I need Monster Fluid, or some kind of fluid, for one of the resource quests. Where can I get that? And what about... dung...?

Dung you find where the wyverns nests are and Monster Fluid is found from bug quests. The best way to get the fluid is to make poison bombs or a poison weapon. Once the bugs are infected with poison leave them and they should die off it, this kills the bugs but doesn't smash them, so you can get the carves.

You can also get monster Fluid from Giggi's he small worm things with teeth.

If you are doing freehunting in Moga Woods you also get dung in rewards if you kill Aptonoth and when you talk to Jnr to report your kills. If you need Super-sized dung you gotta kill the really big Aptonoth... he don't appear too often though so just gotta keep looking and going through the cycles

Guys, the skill Olympic Swimmer is your friend then :D

That's what my High Lagi armour is for :wink:

Guys, the skill Olympic Swimmer is your friend then :D
I tried this out, but using the Piscine armour (can't make the complete Lagiacrus armour yet). Don't really notice much of a difference though and I'm still terrible at underwater combat. :hmm:

I guess the final battle is just going to be one of those things I'm gonna have to try and fluke. :heh:

Anyway, Cha-Cha...

...has returned!

:bouncy: And I've created that special mask for him from the statue in the farm.

I see that I've got quite a few new monsters left to take on though in the 5 star quests. Encountered a Uragaan while trying to do the Powderstone quest, managed to avoid him though and everything else, only to get hit by a bloody bug just before I was about the reach the base camp. :indeed:

I then went back with some Mega Dash Juice, that made all the difference. :cool:

Yo guys been a while :)

been awayfor a while waiting fir my laptop to be fixed and beentrying to avoid using forums on my iPod but now I'm like screw it xD

what's goin down? See a few new faces up in here as well as a few old ones :) any amazing new quests shown up recently? Not been on too much, been preparing for numerous yugioh tournies and a big smash bros one in Germany last week :p

You don't have to, it's just useful if you want to know the best ways to get items and the fastest ways to kill enemies.

Seriously, that's nothing, should see the guides on gamespot, you learn what attacks to use on what parts of the body n stuff like that. It's what really takes you to the next level and it takes ages to learn

I forged a wicked weapon the other day, a sword that can occasionally send monsters to sleep. :awesome:

Was really handy when capturing Rathian. Gave me time to set bombs/traps around her and use potions/whetstone, etc...

I also made this weird Jaggi mask (which seemed to just randomly appear in my armoury list) that gives a boost to luck. Not only does it look cool/ridiculous :heh:, but I have been receiving much more stuff at the end of quests since then. icon14.gif

Finally got the Wii back, and booted MH3 right away and whoaaaaaa...what's going on, online space has gotten a lot smaller.

Anyone up for tonight? Need to get back in, feel a little stale at the moment.

I forged a wicked weapon the other day, a sword that can occasionally send monsters to sleep. :awesome:

Was really handy when capturing Rathian. Gave me time to set bombs/traps around her and use potions/whetstone, etc...

I also made this weird Jaggi mask (which seemed to just randomly appear in my armoury list) that gives a boost to luck. Not only does it look cool/ridiculous :heh:, but I have been receiving much more stuff at the end of quests since then. icon14.gif

Well done there RedShell you just learned a great skill there, Sleepbombing... not only does it give you time but so you are fully aware. The first hit a monster takes while asleep does Double damage so setting bombs (especially round the head) is the exact perfect thing to do. Well done.

The Jaggi Mask, you must have done a few of the 4 Jaggi Event Quest, that's where you get the materials to build that. I use when trying to get rare items like Rubies and Saphaires, sometimes it helps, somethings it doesn't.