NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

That got me for a while too, this game has some seriously bizarre menu/game-play mechanics. :heh:

Tell me about it. Its far from second nature to me... hopefully it'll click for me soon.

Good question, have been wondering that myself! Apparently, should your items get stolen by the cat-like Melynxes, that's where you can get them back :)

I was having a nosey around that cave area last night and one of those cats stole something off me. I was gonna leave the thing in peace, being a cat lover and all, but when the stealing message flashed up I unsheathed my sword and beat it to a pulp.

Tell me about it. Its far from second nature to me... hopefully it'll click for me soon.

Don't worry, your muscle memory will start to take care of things after a awhile...I can't really remember what button does what, but my fingers just automatically browse through everything :D

but when the stealing message flashed up I unsheathed my sword and beat it to a pulp.

Yeah, that's what I do as well...I mean pestering I can still tolerate, but stealing...now that's just being a douchebag! At that point I just drop everything else and start whipping Melynx canister until justice has been served :D

Good question, have been wondering that myself! Apparently, should your items get stolen by the cat-like Melynxes, that's where you can get them back :)

Still learning new stuff about this game... xD

Cheers.

I only ever had something stolen once, (before I realsied there were different types of cat-like creatures) I encountered the passive ones before the thieving ones :heh:.

I was having a nosey around that cave area last night and one of those cats stole something off me. I was gonna leave the thing in peace, being a cat lover and all, but when the stealing message flashed up I unsheathed my sword and beat it to a pulp.
Yeah, I killed the one that stole from me too, but it just felt really wrong. I can't hurt a cat, :shakehead even if it's being a ****. :laughing:

Anyway, I've now got little acorn dude following me around, I love all these odd characters in this game. icon14.gif Before playing MH I got the impression that it was all kind of serious, so it's been really nice to discover that there's a lot of silly stuff and humour in it too. :yay:

I haven't really given this much time yet since getting it a few days ago.. barely an hour :hmm:

I don't really feel ready to be delving into it yet as I'm enjoying everything else that I'm playing at the minute but I'm scared of missing out on a lot of the online fun if I don't join in while the rest of you are pushing forward..

Cheers.

I only ever had something stolen once, (before I realsied there were different types of cat-like creatures) I encountered the passive ones before the thieving ones :heh:.

Yeah, I killed the one that stole from me too, but it just felt really wrong. I can't hurt a cat, :shakehead even if it's being a ****. :laughing:

Just a warning to you cat lovers, they can be evil. and at times strike you at the worst possible time...like this poor bastard.

@flameboy I heard people were finding it hard to get the game in Argos so I bought an extra copy of the game over the weekend. I thought I'd sell it here. It would be €17 (roughly £14.50) through Paypal as I've to post from Ireland and the game is a bit more expensive here(€13 in Argos, postage is €3, then a jiffy bag and Paypal fees). Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

If flameboy isn't interested, then it's open to the next person that wants it.

Edited by Wii

I don't really feel ready to be delving into it yet as I'm enjoying everything else that I'm playing at the minute but I'm scared of missing out on a lot of the online fun if I don't join in while the rest of you are pushing forward..

Well, I've spent the majority of my online adventures playing with totally random people, and it's been great fun nevertheless :) You'll probably end up making new friends anyway...

OK, who the hell is this bastard monster that keeps showing up when I'm trying to capture that bird thingy?! :mad: (Sorry for the lack of information, but the monsters have weird and difficult to remember names :heh:).

It's a 3 star quest, I managed the one where you have to kill it with no problems at all, but now because of this mental dragon thing, it's pretty much impossible! :shakehead

He has the ability to take out 90% of my health bar with a single attack! :eek:

OK, who the hell is this bastard monster that keeps showing up when I'm trying to capture that bird thingy?! :mad: (Sorry for the lack of information, but the monsters have weird and difficult to remember names :heh:).

It's a 3 star quest, I managed the one where you have to kill it with no problems at all, but now because of this mental dragon thing, it's pretty much impossible! :shakehead

He has the ability to take out 90% of my health bar with a single attack! :eek:

Queen of the skies, Rathian :laughing: one of the only monsters to have stayed in every MH game. The bird can give out callings to certain types of monsters. Rathian being one of them. Just gotta be patient in that quest when capturing it.

Redshell, you're reaction is awesome! This is exactly what makes this game!

It's brilliant, it really is!

Queen of the skies, Rathian :laughing: one of the only monsters to have stayed in every MH game. The bird can give out callings to certain types of monsters. Rathian being one of them. Just gotta be patient in that quest when capturing it.
Oh, so it's a lady? :heh:

Anyway, cheers for the advice. I didn't need it in the end though, as I did the complete opposite of patience and managed to beat the quest!

Yeah, I just went nuts and kept attacking the bird so much that it didn't even get a chance to call for backup! :D

Aggression FTW! :bouncy:

Redshell, you're reaction is awesome! This is exactly what makes this game!

It's brilliant, it really is!

Hehehe! Indeed. :hehe:

I've been mighty impressed with this game, it really is quite special.

I now understand H-o-T's (and many other's) obsession with it. :laughing:

After 350hrs I found it got a bit stale, although now I've had a break from it for a fair while I'm once again gaining a thirst for the hunt!

There are so many great memories I have from this game hunting with the N-E Brotherhood!

After 350hrs I found it got a bit stale, although now I've had a break from it for a fair while I'm once again gaining a thirst for the hunt!

There are so many great memories I have from this game hunting with the N-E Brotherhood!

350 hours on any game it would feel stale, shit even 100 hours :heh:

I've been mighty impressed with this game, it really is quite special.

I now understand H-o-T's (and many other's) obsession with it. :laughing:

You bet it is :)

Indeed, MH3 has certainly been one of the best (online) gaming experiences of my life :)

350 hours on any game it would feel stale, shit even 100 hours

Heh, well says something about the quality of this game, doesn't it...I finished at ~378 hours, felt like I had accomplished all I wanted and the monster fights were just too familiar. So good to call it quits.

...until now. Started playing a bit some days ago, and guess what...got sucked right back in! :D Only 3 awards left, making new armour / weap setups for monsters, even doing the arena for some armours...aaand suddenly I find myself going to bed a 3-4 am again xD Currently, I'm at 391 hours (HR99), and I'm having fun again...this game is just phenomenal :)

Edited by Ville

hey all havent posted here in ages im glad to see all these new hunters and old still posting here , im out of retirement guns have been dusted and im ready for some hunts , just reading all the posts has got me in the mood again so if anyone wants help give us a shout !!!!!!!!!! and ill find ya

@flameboy I heard people were finding it hard to get the game in Argos so I bought an extra copy of the game over the weekend. I thought I'd sell it here. It would be €17 (roughly £14.50) through Paypal as I've to post from Ireland and the game is a bit more expensive here(€13 in Argos, postage is €3, then a jiffy bag and Paypal fees). Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

If flameboy isn't interested, then it's open to the next person that wants it.

Just to say I picked up the PSP version and so do not need this thank you though.

Just to say I picked up the PSP version and so do not need this thank you though.

The PSP version (Most likely Unite) as awesome as that game is, if you don't have at least another 2 friends who also have the game and you meet on a regular basis, it won't be as 'fun' as MH Tri, the game truly does it's best hunting with other people rather then being a lone hunter.

The PSP version (Most likely Unite) as awesome as that game is, if you don't have at least another 2 friends who also have the game and you meet on a regular basis, it won't be as 'fun' as MH Tri, the game truly does it's best hunting with other people rather then being a lone hunter.

Well bit late now I resigned myself to no one else finding me a copy and impulse bought freedom unite and Brutal Legend and summit else (i forget) for the price it would have cost to get sent to me. I'm gonna try find some community of players who sitll play and use ad-hoc party to play online.

I think I'm gonna go on this tonight for a bit if anyone fancied joining me.

No Mario Kart for me, every fortnight for me now.

I think I'm gonna go on this tonight for a bit if anyone fancied joining me.

No Mario Kart for me, every fortnight for me now.

Why? Boring you a little?

yay after some good hunts last night the game has sucked me back in again !!!!

i will be on tonight from 9 ish if anyone is intrested , mainly for having a laugh etc i think the serious days of hunting are behind me now so if anyones around

ingame name marky hr 450 probs will be in a gunner set of some sort

OK, I really suck at underwater combat... like, big time! :shakehead

Anyone got any tips for it, because that bleedin' Light bulb Puffer fish thing keeps kicking my ass! :heh:

OK, I really suck at underwater combat... like, big time! :shakehead

Anyone got any tips for it, because that bleedin' Light bulb Puffer fish thing keeps kicking my ass! :heh:

Are the controls ok? I mean there are a few options in the menu regarding the X & Y axis etc...

What weapon are you using? I think you need green sharpness to penetrate his skin...I remember using a Quru hammer, since my SnS just didn't cut it.

Also, you don't want to start the fight in the water, because you can fish him out with a frog. These are found in the same spots as worms, area 2 in Flooded Forest, near the entrance to area 4. After you've gotten one, just go and fish in area 4...you'll notice when he bites ;)

Also, feel free to use traps...a common strat is to lay a trap in area 4 near the entrance to area 3. When the land fight is starting to end and he's about to change area and thus dive into water, the trap will catch him automatically and give you a few more hits on land.

Edited by Ville

Are the controls ok? I mean there are a few options in the menu regarding the x & Y axis etc...
Yeah, I think so. I'm using the Classic Controller and I've set the camera controls etc. how I like them.

I think it's just the way the character moves underwater that's the problem, it certainly feels realistic but it just makes it so difficult to move around and attack. Especially as the monsters still move around so freely. ::shrug:

What weapon are you using? I think you need green sharpness to penetrate his skin...I remember using a Quru hammer, since my SnS just didn't cut it.
I'm using a Sword and Shield, not sure which but I have upgraded it several times already and it definitely has green sharpness on it.

I tried a few of the other weapon types, but they really don't seem to fit my style of play.

Also, you don't want to start the fight in the water, because you can fish him out with a frog. These are found in the same spots as worms, area 2 in Flooded Forest, near the entrance to area 4. After you've gotten one, just go and fish in area 4...you'll notice when he bites ;)
I knew about the fishing him out thing, (not that I've managed to do it yet) but I didn't realise you could start the fight like that! :o

I'll definitely try that next then because if I could battle him on land it'll be a different story I reckon.