NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

I haven't watched a ZP video in ages, but that's because I've just stopped watching nerd-comedy videos.

The guy isn't a critic, he's an internet clown. They're not reviews, they're comedy flash videos that belong on Newgrounds.

TO be honest, I still love his reviews, he has the balls to say whats wrong with a game unlike 99.9% of gaming reviewers who never mention the flaws within the game which does come to my point of his review of MH3.

It's perhaps the worst one he has ever done. No it's not because I love MH3, I have loved many games and still find his reviews to be spot on with the faults and I have a good laugh. But this time...he didn't even get to the great Jaggi, it's like he was playing Mario Bros, gets halfway through 1-1 and then stops.

Too see him more talking about the cover, the title and the opening cutscene obviously shows he only played it for like 45 minutes.

Like I said, I love most of his reviews, even the ones I love that he reviews, but for once I am upset that he did really bugger all with this one.

(I mean he could have mentioned how all the monsters are weak only to fight the first boss and the difficulty hits the roof)

EDIT: To be honest, I am surprised he even reviewed this game, I really thought he would have done RDR or Alan Wake

Edited by killer kirby

Monster Hunter Tri be £22.85 at ShopTo.net

That's a crazy price for the game. Totally worth a purchase at that price if folk haven't bothered picking it up yet. Didn't see a discount for this quite so soon.

Zero Punctuation review

He didn't play pass the tutorial missions.

That was shocking. I don't believe you can truly review a game until you've beaten it and seen it all. I'm over 100 hours into MH3 and I'm still discovering new things and loving every minute of it.

What's the "affinity" for your weapons all about? I'm looking to upgrade a weapon and can't decide between attack bonus or affinity bonus for the weapon.

What's the "affinity" for your weapons all about? I'm looking to upgrade a weapon and can't decide between attack bonus or affinity bonus for the weapon.

Its kinda like a critical hit. Its more useful on a fast weapon like a LS or S&S ( just like elemental attributes ) but I suppose its down to personal taste. Most people, myself included, like to go with thr raw power option.

Its kinda like a critical hit. Its more useful on a fast weapon like a LS or S&S ( just like elemental attributes ) but I suppose its down to personal taste. Most people, myself included, like to go with thr raw power option.

I hear that! Though I don't like how GS handle. SA all the way for me. Curious though how I only have one though...

Thanks guys!

I think I need to forge myself a SA and Hammer, I've not really used either yet and seeing a few people use them, they do seem a little handy!

GS are awesome, high atk and decent defence wat more can you ask for, although im curios to see how well the SA handles as i have yet to make one.

It's a shame they reduced the City population size from 10 players in the Japanese version down to 4 players per city, it feels slightly empty (the empty tables) and it would of been alot easier to gather a group of friends and do the quests you need to do especially with randoms.

Edited by The-Ironflame

I have one pet peeve while playing this... randoms joining a room listed as "Playing with Friends".

Not only do they take up space that your friends could take, they always seem to play for themselves and not for the team!

It annoys the hell out of me! Argh! lol

Tell me about it. Today must have been a bank holiday weekend, retard special or something because randoms would constantly be joining our towns and then wouldn't leave. We asked politely and explained that a friend would be joining us but they would just sit there!

Its a good job there is no headset support or many colourful phrases would be getting thrown at these ignorant gamers.

In other news I had a great haul today, was just doing random quests and got 5 Ura rubies, 1 Los ruby and 2 Lagi sapphires. Also killed Jhen+ 13 times so I can make both sets of armour and all his weapons. Twas a good day. :D

I have one pet peeve while playing this... randoms joining a room listed as "Playing with Friends".

Not only do they take up space that your friends could take, they always seem to play for themselves and not for the team!

It annoys the hell out of me! Argh! lol

hahaha, I love it when randoms join! I lose my temper all the time when playing, but the only time you lose your cool is when we get idiots joining the room!

Well you can't expect everyone to speak English...Last night, we were in a Deviljho (HR51+) room, and a guy with a HR50 came in. I think he was aiming for Alatreon, and we tried explaining that he was in the wrong city. No results, as he stood there and didn't seem to understand us...I checked his profile, which said "Austria". Went to Google Translator, chose English to German, and typed in "please leave". Got "bitte hinterlassen Sie", which I then told him. He actually left :D

In other news:

-HR55

-playtime 202 hours

-have made the best lances to combat each monster

-got a very good lance armour

-beaten all monsters in the game

Which begs the question: now what? Still yet to finish all of the online/offline quests...Offline is pretty amusing now: took me one minute to kill a Rathian with my lance :D

I find a certain charm to going and helping noobs do the lower quests, but like every game (except WOW), it will sadly come to an end... :(

But seriously! Get all those quests done and get those rare armours!

Still, even if you got the most expensive version, 200+ hours is probably the best value entertainment you'll get all year!

I find a certain charm to going and helping noobs do the lower quests, but like every game (except WOW), it will sadly come to an end... :(

Huh?! Everytime I'm on your in a room with Kaveh, Deathjam and another. (All HR40-50+ players)

I am a Noob who demands your help!! :laughing:

I really miss hunting with you guys :cry:

Huh?! Everytime I'm on your in a room with Kaveh, Deathjam and another. (All HR40-50+ players)

I am a Noob who demands your help!! :laughing:

I really miss hunting with you guys :cry:

Me and Kav were talking about this, and if any of you guys who need a hand with big quests or your major events, all you have to do is give a day and time and we'll come on and help you. Especially your Jhen Mohran quests, I love them! Although Deathjam hates them lol.

Plus, we halped you last night! If you want to set a time we're always there to help - except when I sneak off to harvest Monster Broth!

Me and Kav were talking about this, and if any of you guys who need a hand with big quests or your major events, all you have to do is give a day and time and we'll come on and help you. Especially your Jhen Mohran quests, I love them! Although Deathjam hates them lol.

Plus, we halped you last night! If you want to set a time we're always there to help - except when I sneak off to harvest Monster Broth!

If that's the case be on tonight to help me hunt a barrioth and capture a diablos, i need materials from each to upgrade a few weapons, round 7 or 7.30 i should be online :D

I'm convinced without N-E and in particular Kav and Zechs, I'd still be doing lvl1 quests online, haha :heh:

If that's the case be on tonight to help me hunt a barrioth and capture a diablos, i need materials from each to upgrade a few weapons, round 7 or 7.30 i should be online :D

I'm convinced without N-E and in particular Kav and Zechs, I'd still be doing lvl1 quests online, haha :heh:

We'll be there! Well, we're always online so join us, or message us and we'll join you mate!

Alright! A call to arms for the hunt! We'll be there Mokong!!!