NEurope
Choze

Burnout: Paradise

lol yeah i was there. Well funny. I never had the fun of having a PS eye but was laughing at everyones snap shots. Striders angry face comes to mind when i think of it!

I just love the idea of smashing someone into a wall and then flicking them off. :heh:

We should see if we can get an 8 player game going. (I'll admit, partly because I really want to get the 8-players in the Wild Cat stadium trophy :D )

I just love the idea of smashing someone into a wall and then flicking them off. :heh:

We should see if we can get an 8 player game going. (I'll admit, partly because I really want to get the 8-players in the Wild Cat stadium trophy :D )

lol, well id be up for it! Been ages since i have played on burnout. :)

Saw this in GAME's 2 for £30 offer on PS3, was so tempted but the only sort of good game to pair it with was Battlefield Bad Company, and I'm really passable on that. Will definitely get this eventually, may wait to see what price the 'ultimate box' thingy is going to be though.

Still got Bioshock to start anyway... one more trophey left in Fallout, arg.

Bought this today for the PS3. Haven't had a chance to play it yet though. It's updating and taking ages. Got three updates to go through and don't think that the wireless connection is working very well on the PS3 although it seems fine for this laptop.

Ok, a quick question. Where is the DLC for the PS3 version of this? I've been on the PSN store and there's nothing there and I searched for ages. Is it available at all for the PS3 or just on the 360?

Ok, a quick question. Where is the DLC for the PS3 version of this? I've been on the PSN store and there's nothing there and I searched for ages. Is it available at all for the PS3 or just on the 360?

You downloaded them all already. They were the updates you downloaded a few days ago (Sony don't have a size limit on patches, Microsoft do).

The rest of it (Legendary/Toy/Special Boost Cars and Big Surf Island) isn't out for a few months.

oh ok. HAven't seen any of it yet. Was there cars in the updates that you have to unlock? I know I got two bikes randomly so that must have been it. Thought there would have been more than that.

oh ok. HAven't seen any of it yet. Was there cars in the updates that you have to unlock? I know I got two bikes randomly so that must have been it. Thought there would have been more than that.

The main updates are:

- Cagney. Apart from bug fixes, this doesn't really do anything offline. You will have two cars that are only available while playing online, as well as the online game modes and timed challenges.

- Davis. The bikes. You'll be given two bikes to start with and playing on those will unlock two more.

Ah right thnx. Still getting to grips with the PS3 and it's updates/store. There was no instructions with the console so I'm learning as I go along.

I should get back to this game. I have particularly fond memories of cranking the fuck out of The Chemical Brothers' Dig Your Own Hole while busting down the mountains on the fastest bike in the game. Easily one of the most exciting, euphoric gaming experiences I've ever had.

If you have some online stuff to do then I'll be glad to help out.

all the Legendary cars have been revealed- parodies of Back To The Future, Knight Rider, Ghostbusters and Dukes of Hazard respectively

all the Legendary cars have been revealed- parodies of Back To The Future, Knight Rider, Ghostbusters and Dukes of Hazard respectively

Loving the ghostbusters one. Wonder what the special feature is when you press L3 (on ps3) When are they out?

Would love to get back in to this game.

Me too, I traded it in ages ago and now regret it. Gonna have a look for a cheap pre-owned copy.

Edit: Just bought it for £17 on eBay.

The Party Pack will be out on the 5th of February. The Ultimate Box will be in stores the day after. No prices announced.

There will also be a patch on the 5th of Feb.

this overhaul to the game includes the introduction of our all-new in-game website and awesome in-game store. We've also worked on changes to game modes, visuals, the entire vehicle dynamics system. Oh, and we've added a restart !

Restart feature?! holyshitholyshit

Yea...fairly pointless, really. Especially as the game is extremely easy (but a lot of fun).

Restart is awesome. I always take myself out just before the end after leading the whole race. This'll calm my nerves. :heh:

I'm on my second and a half play through.

Restart is awesome. I always take myself out just before the end after leading the whole race. This'll calm my nerves. :heh:

I'm on my second and a half play through.

^This sums my status exactly.

New Trophies (and probably Achievements):

Win a Stunt Run in the P12 88 Special

Awarded for winning any Offline Stunt Run driving the P12 88 Special

Light up the Manhattan Spirit during an Online Challenge

Awarded for using the flashing lights of the Manhattan Spirit during an Online Freeburn Challenge or Timed Challenge

Score a Boost Chain of x3 in the GT Nighthawk

Awarded for achieving a Boost Chain of x3 driving the GT Nighhawk

Sound the horn on a Silver Lake Super Jump in the Cavalry Bootlegger

Awarded for sounding the horn and successfully landing a Super Jump in Silver Lake driving the Cavalry Bootlegger

Survive a Marked Man in the Extreme Hot Rod

Awarded for winning any Offline Marked Man driving the Extreme Hot Rod

Complete a Timed Challenge using all 3 Boost types in the Hawker Mech

Awarded when you complete any Timed Challenge driving the Hawker Mech having used all 3 boost types

Win a Race in a Toy Car

Awarded for winning any Offline Race driving any of the Toy Cars

Barrel Roll a Toy Car in the Airfield

Awarded for successfully landing a Barrel Roll in the Airfield driving any of the Toy Cars

Complete a Bike Timed Challenge using the Toy Bike

Awarded when you complete any Timed Challenge using the Toy Bike

The Hawker Mech has yet to be announced. It seems that clicking the left stick will change the boost type.

Restart feature?! holyshitholyshit

Finally.

Think I'm gonna buy this (again) now it has a shit load of updates. Well cheap too.

from the criterion games blog:

Everything you need to know about our FREE 6th Feb update

Here are the full details of the FREE pack we're releasing on 6th Feb. Look out for this week's Crash TV. The team are on hand to talk through all these changes.

The release of this free pack co-incides with the release of our first paid-for pack (Burnout Paradise Party Pack), which will also be available on the 6th from our sparkling new in-game store.

But, if you’re not ready to splash the cash just yet, here’s the definitive list of everything that’s just been added to the game for FREE.

We can’t resist improving Burnout Paradise.

In-Game Browser Site (PC and PS3-only)

The first change PS3 and PC-players will notice is that we're now using an in-game browser to bring you something we're calling the Criterion Games Network. More on this next week! (Players on all platforms can enjoy the rest of the features listed on this page.)

In-Game Store

3220396684_9cb00027ba_o.jpg

The next major addition is our in-game store. You'll be able to easily buy new content, like the Party Pack, without leaving the comfort of Burnout Paradise. Just head for either the Main Menu or the Easydrive Menu. We'll add the Legendary Cars, Boost Specials, Toy Cars, Island and more (!), as they become available.

Vehicle dynamics overhaul

3219546043_7b72d5a52b_o.jpg

The vehicle handling has undergone it's most substantial overhaul since Burnout Paradise was first released. We’ve tweaked the handling on the first available cars, like the Hunter Cavalry, to make the game easier and more accessible.

These cars are now slower, harder to crash and less likely to spin out at low speeds. This’ll help any newcomers get into the game, but it also delivers greater variety between the early cars to the faster, more challenging later ones.

Burnout Paradise – easy to play but hard to master!

We’ve changed the way we display the performance of the cars in the junkyard. You can now easily compare cars and see that with the rebalanced handling, they’re more varied across the whole range. Again, we’re aiming for a more fun and accessible experience. And on the subject of the junkyard, you can now filter what you see there. Pick between cars or bikes and when our Legendary Cars, Toy Cars and Boost Specials arrive in the near future they’ll also be easier to pick out.

3219546111_2220ba5a4a_o.jpg

Stunt Run Timer Reinvented

3219546327_6e009d8a9e_o.jpg

Fans of Stunt Run will now appreciate that the countdown timer now starts to count down more slowly. If you’ve never played before, it’ll be easier to pick up. For experts, it’ll counts down faster depending on how many multipliers you’ve earned.

It’s just one of a stack of minor changes designed to rebalance and tweak the game for your enjoyment.

Rebalanced Events

3220397196_32d983f027_o.jpg

We’ve modified the difficulty of all events. The speeds of the rival cars and Burning Route times have been changed to accommodate new car speeds.

Road Rage Tweaked

We’ve changed the way the timer works in Road Rage– you no longer get time added when you’ve hit the target number of cars. This means the game has a clearer end point and restricts crazy scores to later Road Rages, making it more challenging for experts – see if you can reach 100+ now! It’s been streamlined.

3220415482_c35bd4a315_o.jpg

Vibrant Visuals

Paradise City is filled with a whole world of objects waiting to be discovered. We wanted to make it a little easier to spot them, so we’ve modified the colours of the Billboards (red) and Smashes (yellow) and Super Jumps (blue). They also now pulse for added visibility.

3219546529_06cbd38e6d_o.jpg

We’ve also overhauled the lighting to bring you more vibrant visuals. We wanted to make it easier to see at night and give everything a more vibrant feel with brighter, more saturated Burnout color.

Restart is in

You ask – we deliver. Restart is in! You can now quit or fail an event and choose to restart it.

3220397074_9caa9b0b30_o.jpg

You’ll be transferred to the start location ready for action. We’ve always enjoyed the feeling of freedom that Paradise City’s open world delivers, but we appreciate that as you run low on events towards the end of the game, you can spend a little too long in transit.

Barrel Rolls for Beginners

3219546225_38e0b4c29c_o.jpg

And last but not least, we’ve transformed the way barrel rolls work in Burnout Paradise. Hit a split-ramp and barrel rolls now automatically right themselves. It means new players can pull off flash moves immediately, but nothing changes for all you experts out there. You can still risk multiple rolls by pushing the right stick in the direction of the roll.

That's all folks

To get this FREE update, just play take Burnout Paradise online anytime on or after 6th February.

This update does not include the Party Pack, which is our first ever paid-for content - a premium pack that turns Burnout Paradise into a fun party game for when you've got your friends round and you all want to play on the same TV. Party will also be available on 5th February.

Click through for more details on Party and Ultimate.