Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PC Gaming Discussion

McPhee

I don’t have counter strike, and I don’t think it interests me much. Unfortunately, I don’t have any recent multiplayer titles. I could buy some, but I think I’ll better wait till end of the year. Though I was eyeing Arma, but that won’t be for everyone. I may be convinced to still get Borderlands 2 (there’s bound to be a nice summer deal), but I haven’t even “finished” the first one yet. No I think I’ll wait for Battlefield 4. Oh wait, I should try Planetside, but I think it may break my internet :D. We can always play Isketch! :D

Anyway, either Team Fortress for me, or L4D (1 or 2), something @Marcamillian suggested. Or something even older? Elite Force? Quake 3 :D :p

I’m gone Saturday, and Sunday is a day I like to go see films. So I prefer Friday, but I think most will prefer Sunday. Maybe both? :p.

Yeah, I was thinking I should check these things beforehand ;). I honestly couldn't find my voicechat settings quickly enough. I had it set to push to talk, and I had to figure out which key I had set for it. That said, I don’t say much anyway. Me and Deathjam used Skype for Mass Effect. I don’t know what people use with Team Fortress usually? With teams scrambling often, I wonder how people organise this.

So I picked up Gunpoint earlier after being a bit indecisive for a while. I'm so glad I bought it, it's very good.

Also bought the daily Steam deal - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Anybody played this? I've never played the original so looking forward to getting into it.

God knows what I'll be like during the summer sale......

Anybody heard of Spy Party?

Currently in open beta (for 15$). Looks kinda cool :o

Penny-arcade had an article about it some time ago. Weirdly enough, one of the Nintendo land games (I think) reminded them of it. Concept sounded cool, but I think I get too nervous if I play it :D.

On a similar note, has anyone given any thought to playing cube world?

I've just heard that yesterday it was released as a beta for anyone to play - for a fee of course.

I'm sorely tempted as it really reminds me of Zelda (which is what the originally guy wol_lay intended), but I'd rather, as always, play as a group.

Cube world for people that haven't seen it:

http://wollay.blogspot.co.uk/

I've just heard that yesterday it was released as a beta for anyone to play - for a fee of course.

I'm sorely tempted as it really reminds me of Zelda (which is what the originally guy wol_lay intended), but I'd rather, as always, play as a group.

Cube world for people that haven't seen it:

http://wollay.blogspot.co.uk/

Looks good, actually looks very good. You can do more in this game than you can do in some current mmos...

Thing is download link is down on their site atm. There seems to be a link on another website which gets the game for free but feels like pirating (especially as it's on a site with that in the title) so I am against trying that link.

oh_my_god.gif

Totally forgot about this game. Have been following it for a couple of months but kinda lost track some weeks ago.

It is in paid beta now? Sweet.

Will buy it :)

Oh yeah I noticed the Yogscast put some videos up for that recently, I meant to look into it.

Watching the first video right now.

I want this game :o

Edit: Gonna stop watching. Need to experience this myself :D

@nightwolf We need to team up if you buy the game :p

Edited by drahkon

oh_my_god.gif

Totally forgot about this game. Have been following it for a couple of months but kinda lost track some weeks ago.

It is in paid beta now? Sweet.

Will buy it :)

Awesome, totally up for that! I'll buy it now, grab on Steam if you want to play.

Ah it seems that I've not been able to create an account to buy it. Odd.

I've asked wollay if he's any idea, but don't know if I'll get a reply.

Their site has been having troubles again today so you might just have to give it a try again later. I couldnt buy the game the first time I tried.

So my girlfriend had concerns about me paying so much for the lenovo ideapad that I was going to get....(I may still end up getting it but looking for cheaper alternatives)

Are any of these any good?:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/hewlett-packard-hp-15-6-laptop-black-amd-e1-1200-320gb-hdd-4gb-ram-windows-8-2000-2c60ca/10238600.aspx?path=d13e5b5d3c9acb4687aa1340b2b4625cen02&SearchPageIndex=1

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/hewlett-packard-hp-pavilion-g6-15-6-laptop-black-amd-a4-4300m-750gb-hdd-6gb-ram-windows-8-g6-2248ca/10225646.aspx?path=029dcb7f3813093dd7531d4d4441d6c7en02&SearchPageIndex=1

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/hewlett-packard-hp-pavilion-15-6-laptop-black-amd-a6-4400m-500gb-hdd-6gb-ram-windows-8-g6-2240ca/10229109.aspx?path=13cc1f580f3118e2b2bedb633a14fde6en02&SearchPageIndex=1

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/hewlett-packard-hp-pavilion-g6-15-6-laptop-black-amd-a6-4400m-750gb-hdd-6gb-ram-windows-8-g6-2264ca/10225900.aspx?path=eca384a1a8bcbd868459fddc456bc1afen02&SearchPageIndex=1

If someone could look through and give me a rough idea if any of them are any good. Four HPs ranging from $370-$499 It's true though the lenovo does get expensive $599+tax= $676 plus enviro tax fee (which they seem to make up per device) looking at $700.

Sorry to quote myself but if someone could look over these I'd love them forever!