N-Europe

PC Gaming Discussion

McPhee

Out of interest, what split did you use when purchasing? I split mine between Child's Play and Developers as I'd not heard of the other before, but it took me ages to decide.

I kept mine on the default selection, so it was slit between all 7 entities.

I've already completed World of Goo, but that was on my old PC so I'm gonna buy that bundle anyway if it's for charity. Gish and Overture look like good indie puzzlers, which I always love. The other two have got to be worth a go at least.

Is it me or is the random weapons dropping in Team Fortress 2 a bit one-sided?

I keep getting the same things.

The last two weeks I have found 4 equalisers (two of them yesterday) and 2 paintrains and in the last month I have found 9 spy watches (the class I play the least....)

Is it me or is the random weapons dropping in Team Fortress 2 a bit one-sided?

I keep getting the same things.

The last two weeks I have found 4 equalisers (two of them yesterday) and 2 paintrains and in the last month I have found 9 spy watches (the class I play the least....)

Its a fucking mess, I get like 3 Heavy boxing gloves a day. At least now it seems you can combine them in some way, I haven't explored that yet, but before it was just garbage. The achievement system was hard but at least there was some method to it.

Combining is murder on your items, for example:

You get 1 scrap metal from crafting 3 main items.

3 scrap metals make 1 reclaimed metal.

3 reclaimed metals make 1 refined metal

3 refined metal lets you craft a RANDOM hat for any class or you can craft a class token (4 of the classes weapon) so you can get a random hat from that specific class.

In total, you need to use 81 weapons for a random hat, or 85 for a random hat from a specific class....

Combining is murder on your items, for example:

You get 1 scrap metal from crafting 3 main items.

3 scrap metals make 1 reclaimed metal.

3 reclaimed metals make 1 refined metal

3 refined metal lets you craft a RANDOM hat for any class or you can craft a class token (4 of the classes weapon) so you can get a random hat from that specific class.

In total, you need to use 81 weapons for a random hat, or 85 for a random hat from a specific class....

Hahaha wtf, that's gotta be some kind of inside joke between the guys at Valve.

I am now using a sexy new HUD for TF2.

Main Page

Large Screenshots

I really like it other than the breakdown of points is in the lower right so my netgraph blocks it (which I plan to turn that off anyways) and that (this may just be me, haven't heard from the creator yet) I can't access the console to turn off the netgraph.

Steam is now on Macs, and to celebrate, Portal is currently free to everyone with Steam. Don't know how long this will last so hope to it...Unless like many many others you bought The Orange Box. Until the 24th.

Also of note, If you're someone who likes to stay current with upgrades, don't buy Intel as they've already decided to kill off LGA 1366 and 1156 and replace them with other sockets without any form of Backwards Compatibility for their current Core line up.

Edited by Nolan

So do we have to pay for it after the 24th if we download it during this time period, or do we get to keep it?

Keep it, I'm 99% positive. Either way, It's about a 6 hour game so you'd have plenty of time to play it to death.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, I invested some hours in it. But we can't talk about it ;).

What I will and can say is that I now know definitely that 3rd person shooters aren't for me. I just can't shoot in 3rd person, so I'll be skipping the retail release (and all other 3rd person shooters). It's a shame, because the game does many things right. I'll try to make a post on the official forum as part of my "duty as a betatester", since I do have some criticism and suggestions.

Don't care about the NDA myself. What will they do? Ban my account? The game's shit.

I like the concept, but the MMO elements ruin it. It's the usual story; the players who play the most get the best kit and then proceed to shit all over everyone else. They don't have to be any good at the game, they just have to have stupid amounts of free time. I found it rather annoying as a newbie, once I got in to the full game I was pretty much useless! It seriously felt like my character was carrying a spud gun rather than an actual weapon. I can get the drop on people easily enough, but killing them is a different story. A lot of the time I find myself dropping a few rounds in to the back of someone's head to then be killed in one hit by that same guy. Lame.

There's also not really a lot of variety in the missions and I'm not keen on the game's setting. Too Crackdown-like, but not as interesting to look at.

Hmm, APB beta should be closed by now, but I got an invite for some post-beta/pre-launch testing.. I still have to make that elaborate suggestion post ;), but I got the few glitches I encountered out of the way.

In other news, Shatttered Horizon has another free weekend deal on Steam. It's a FPS in space, albeit with a more realistic tone (something between 2001 and Battlestar Galactica (new series of course ;)), and very cool zero-gravity mechanics. I love it, and really should buy it for the € 10,- it is now. I also really should start a thread about it, but I can't be arsed right now, I'm gaming ;).

In case some of you didn't see this already:

3 of the more recent Bethesda RPGs are on sale on steam this weekend to celebrate the beginning of New Vegas Pre-orders.

Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition is $24.99

Oblivion Game of the Year Edition is $8.50

Morrowind Game of the Year Edition is $5.00