NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

2 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

Congrats! I always dread doing larger upgrades, haha. Next time I'll have to upgrade my CPU, which means new motherboard, possibly new RAM, and why not just add a GPU as well.

Hope you enjoy the new build! What did you end up buying?

Ryzen 5 7600x (was tempted to go with a Ryzen 7 but as this will be mostly for gaming and no CPU intensive work I decided to save some money)

RTX 4070 ti Super

32gb ram

Corsair iCUE H100x Elite (first time trying an aio)

Fractal Design Focus 2 (this was one of the reasons I went with this pre build as it had a rear exhaust fan and the other didn't)

4.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Fractal Design Focus 2 (this was one of the reasons I went with this pre build as it had a rear exhaust fan and the other didn't)

...and of course it didn't come with an exhaust fan. Time to get onto customer service and see if I can get them to send me a free one I can fit myself.

• Sad 1

Wanted something a bit more substantial to test with so decided to give Starfield another try. I didn't really put a lot of time into it the first attempt and on paper it should be a game that's right up my alley so we'll see how it goes. If anything it'll be a good stress test.

On 4/1/2024 at 5:19 PM, drahkon said:

Void Stranger

Soooo...I managed to...

Spoiler

...walk on the status bar?
And while doing so I broke the game? I.e. I was able to crash it?

tenor.gif

I also found out that you can skip certain scenes by holding "start" (or whatever that button is called on the Steam Deck). Sucks, though, because I missed some story beats :laughing:

Anyways, THE GAME IS WEIRD.

The puzzles are great, though. New mechanics every few floors and they break my brain every single time without fail.

I do wonder where the game is going. There's some odd things going on and I feel it's gonna get meta some time soon.

Got myself a new keyboard and mouse to go with the PC upgrade. Went with the Razer Basilisk V3 Pro for the mouse as I wanted something with the same ergo shape as my MX Master mouse but a bit better for gaming and then the Asus Azoth keyboard which is my first proper mechanical keyboard. For years I held off buying one, not liking the sound but I kind of love it already. I am going to have to get used a smaller keyboard again though. Might miss my numpad with Excel for work!

MzhT3xE.jpg

On 06/04/2024 at 2:22 PM, Happenstance said:

Wanted something a bit more substantial to test with so decided to give Starfield another try. I didn't really put a lot of time into it the first attempt and on paper it should be a game that's right up my alley so we'll see how it goes. If anything it'll be a good stress test.

How did it go? I'm contemplating Starfield but I still have Cyberpunk 2077 in the back pocket

Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2024 at 5:19 PM, drahkon said:

Void Stranger

6a92e477-0ab7-4619-bc01-13c227853788_tex

So...I "beat" the game? Or not, I guess...I can't really talk about anything without spoiling stuff so...there you go. YOU GOT NOTHING AND THIS POST IS WORTHLESS. :p

Edit: Well, FUCK! A lot of stuff makes sense, a lot of stuff is still beyond me, but I did find some secrets. I think the game opened up quite a bit for me now.

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, drahkon said:

I think the game opened up quite a bit for me now.

It did, yes, and I think I know what to do next, but I'm not sure whether I like or despise it :p

DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU INTEND TO PLAY THE GAME.
It will spoil a major aspect of Void Stranger.

Spoiler

The game basically "resets" once you reach the "end".
You get sent back to the beginning and have to do it all over again.

The thing is: You now know stuff you didn't know during your first "playthrough" and some secrets reveal themselves to you. Pretty early on I discovered something that's quite possibly pretty huge.
The other thing is: You have to redo every single level. (unless there are ways to skip stuff...no clue)

And if my theory is correct: You have to "finish" the game again without losing all your lives. Which will be quite tough. I do not remember the solutions for all 222 levels and I completed most of them by trial and error :D

So yeah...given my pace with this game, I will maybe truly finish this on my deathbed. Or stop playing soon because I decided that I despise what the game wants me to do :p

Edited by drahkon

God of War Ragnarök is rumoured to be the next PlayStation exclusive coming to PC:

Now the question is: announced at an unannounced State of Play/Showcase this month, or at Summer Game Fest next month? The rumours of a PlayStation event this month have persisted for a while now, and it definitely feels like we're due one anytime...

Think I might have to buy Homeworld 3 this week. I hadn't been following it and didn't realise it was out today.

Went back to my Ally today for some newer games after spending this week retro gaming, I think the display might just be too small for text in games these days. Trying to play games like Undermine or Dave the Diver is tough. When the next round of devices come out probably next year I might have to look for something with a bit of a bigger screen like the Lenovo Legion Go does now.

Posted (edited)
Double post? Maybe?
Edited by Dcubed

Posted (edited)

It’s been 3,000 years…

Maybe there’s still hope for a Switch 2 port of the KH games after all! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Dcubed said:

It's been 3,000 years...

You're going to need to Re Mind me...

2 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Hey! Maybe there’s still hope for a Switch 2 port of the KH games after all! :D

...is this deja vu? 

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Julius said:

You're going to need to Re Mind me...

...is this deja vu? 

It never happened ;)

BpB5EE.gif

I’m not going senile, shut up.

• Haha 2

It's nice to see that talk of focusing more on multiplatform releases bearing some fruit so quickly.

Now come on, Square. Golden opportunity here. Get those on the Switch 2 launch window and you'll make bank! That one's free.

In fact, I'll pay you to do that!

Went back and bought all the dlc for Civ 6 afters 7s announcement this weekend. I used to really enjoy 5 but 6 kind of passed me by so it's been nice to get back into it. Just need to relearn how to play properly now!