NEurope
Coolness Bears

Segways do you own one or have you ever ridden one?

This was inspired by Stefkov just saying he had gone to the gym, just now in the meaningless post thread! :)

I was going to ask whether he had ridden the segway, which is a piece of gym equipment that i thinks that looks like one but then i thought about the actual Segway and thus this thread has been created. :D

So a Segway:

ginger-group.jpg

A weird travelling device, i have only seen them being used once when i was on holiday and that was within a tour group. It was quite funny to see someone ride one. :grin:

Anyway have you ever rode one and what did it feel like? and did you fall off? because your not meant to be able to i think!

I'm just interested because relatively few people seem to have one! :) well no one i knew....

Ok can someone change the title please because i think it's rode, i'm not sure?

Before anyone else says it; GOB!

Now that thats done. No, I've never seen one in real life. Wouldn't mind giving one a go in real life but I'd probably get bored.

I believe these are a classic example of a thought to be ingenious inventions that were an utter flops.

And no, I've never come across them in real life.

No. But I'd like to ride one. I might look like a tw*t, but hey ho.

Bastard! I was gonna say that!

Oh, well. Let me say Arrested Development FTW then. Oh, too late.

i think its a great example of how people will spand thousands on an utterly useless idea. its like, people do it to save walking, i can sort of understand it being usefull if people have walking problems, but there not alot faster then walking, so its not like you can go much farther, there just a bit, meh. for the huge price tag there simply not worth it. im flat footed and yet id never consider seriously riding one of them.

and they are illigal in the uk, last thing i herd.

i think its a great example of how people will spand thousands on an utterly useless idea. its like, people do it to save walking, i can sort of understand it being usefull if people have walking problems, but there not alot faster then walking, so its not like you can go much farther, there just a bit, meh. for the huge price tag there simply not worth it. im flat footed and yet id never consider seriously riding one of them.

and they are illigal in the uk, last thing i herd.

Is it? i didn't realise this. :)

Now that thats done. No, I've never seen one in real life. Wouldn't mind giving one a go in real life but I'd probably get bored.

Damn you!!!

This girl whose my friend played on my emotions saying she was gonna get a sedgeway and I could ride it pretending to be GOB. I asked her when she was gonna get it the other day and apparently it was all one big pratical joke. Cmonnn!

Didn't President Bush fall off one of these? :hehe:

Yes i think he did, i remembering seeing it on the telly and laughing a lot. :laughing:

The only time that I have seen them was when I went on the Disney Cruise and they had a demostration/try out of them in Nassau in the bahamas. They looked really fun

I'm flat footed and franky my legs would hurt more if I stood still than walked, making one of these things utterly useless.

I've seen some security guards on those in America (to lazy too walk/run) but all I know is, I wanna have a race with people on those things.

I've seen some security guards on those in America (to lazy too walk/run) but all I know is, I wanna have a race with people on those things.

I'd love to do that, there must e someone out there who has done it?

Exteme Street Segway Racing! :D

It keeps me wondering what the engineers came up with so that you don't lose balance.

Other than that I find it pretty embarrassing - I mean it's an example of ultimate laziness at least for me anyways.

And also a bit of a mockery. I mean why would you want to stand on wheels that aren't faster than walking when you have perfectly good feet for that task and get some exercise at the same time.

I better say it now before nyone else beats me to it:

The wii balance board can make all our segway dreams come true.

Utterly pointless where I live. (Lots of gravel, and its always cold/rainy.

But they do like kind of fun to ride.

And GOB FTW!

gobsegway.jpg

Lucille: Its an idiot on a sedgeway at night of course its your brother. Lets give him a scare...

and

Michael: Mum I think they are going to break GOBs legs.

Lucille: Well at least he already has that thing to get around on (bursts out laughing)

Oh and theres no dialogue but the scene where GOBs on the sedgeway at the construction yard is hillarious.

Saw some on current tv when someone did a pod about texas. I just think they are for lazy people who can't be bothered to walk

Yeah, when I was in Prague a tour group were all using them on a tour of the city, lazy bastards. Just walk! It's like a pulpit on wheels.