NEurope
Zelda_Rulez

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Finally a bit more Muramasa love on here

It really is a beautiful game (visuals and audio) with an amazing atmosphere.

This story would be a lot better if it weren't for the mangled translation. Keeping the original voice track in was a magnificent touch though.

Finally a bit more Muramasa love on here

It really is a beautiful game (visuals and audio) with an amazing atmosphere.

This story would be a lot better if it weren't for the mangled translation. Keeping the original voice track in was a magnificent touch though.

I love the story. Its very entertaining and I just find myself completely captured in the moment.

This is such a sexy game. Plus, I loooove collecting the blades/swords. Its really addictive.

Probably up there in my top 5 Wii games. Love it.

Muramasa: The Demon Blade is a fantastic game.. absolutely beautiful :hehe:

I almost feel like I went through it too quickly as, when I try to think about certain details of it, it all seems quite vague in my head ::shrug: Having said that, I've only played through it with one of the characters and definitely expect to go back through it with the other in the near future :grin: I almost slipped it in last week but I put on A Boy And His Blob instead..

Probably up there in my top 5 Wii games.

I love it when people say stuff like this cos clearly they've said it about more than five titles at various stages. :heh:

I love it when people say stuff like this cos clearly they've said it about more than five titles at various stages. :heh:

Hahahaa. Its true. My top 5 contains...Dead Space Extraction, Silent Hill, Muramasa, Metroid, Little King...and about 10 others. Oh dear. :laughing:

Hahahaa. Its true. My top 5 contains...Dead Space Extraction, Silent Hill, Muramasa, Metroid, Little King...and about 10 others. Oh dear. :laughing:

Let's just say there's quite a few tiers for the first spot, second spot, third spot etc. Solves your problem. =P

I love the story. Its very entertaining and I just find myself completely captured in the moment.

This is such a sexy game. Plus, I loooove collecting the blades/swords. Its really addictive.

Probably up there in my top 5 Wii games. Love it.

Who's story are you playing Momohine's or Kisuke's and where are you up to?

I think I found Momohine's the more interesting of the two. I don't really remember much of Kisuke's actually other than the major plot points.

Are you a long blade or short blade person? Unless a long blade has an exceptionally good bonus attributes, I don't use them normally opting for my 3 strongest short swords. I always feel they leave me too exposed when attacking.

Here's a question I'd like to ask people - the challenge rooms.

Now I know they have barriers that require you to be a certain level but does anyone think there is a massive gulf between what it says is the recommended level and what is required or am I just that bad?

Who's story are you playing Momohine's or Kisuke's and where are you up to?

I think I found Momohine's the more interesting of the two. I don't really remember much of Kisuke's actually other than the major plot points.

Are you a long blade or short blade person? Unless a long blade has an exceptionally good bonus attributes, I don't use them normally opting for my 3 strongest short swords. I always feel they leave me too exposed when attacking.

Here's a question I'd like to ask people - the challenge rooms.

Now I know they have barriers that require you to be a certain level but does anyone think there is a massive gulf between what it says is the recommended level and what is required or am I just that bad?

I'm on Momohine's and according to the game I'm on the last act. Really enjoying it so far. I'm definitely a long blade person, to be honest. Although, I tend to go for a mixture. The Giant Tornado sword is a beast. :D

Hmm, about the challenge rooms: They tend to differ, although I don't think I've had much trouble so far. I think I'm on the easier setting though.

I'm on Momohine's and according to the game I'm on the last act. Really enjoying it so far. I'm definitely a long blade person, to be honest. Although, I tend to go for a mixture. The Giant Tornado sword is a beast. :D

Hmm, about the challenge rooms: They tend to differ, although I don't think I've had much trouble so far. I think I'm on the easier setting though.

A lot of the challenge rooms are locked until you do certain things but some of them I was ok with and some not so much. I still haven't done them all now on my first file though I do have all the swords at least.

But even with them, I don't fair too much better. Half the time, I only manage to survive by leveling up part way through the battle so I get my health completely refilled without the use of any items. Maybe if I actually bothered to go all out with my healing aids, I'd do it - there's no penalty at all for dying given everything gets reset to the point you entered.

I've not tried the easier setting but the reviews I read said it was a complete push over so I never bothered with. I did try starting a file on the unlocked difficulty but realized how futile it would be given how many tries it took me to get past the first fight and gave up as a result :p

I've finished Momohime's story and now starting the other one.

Loooove this game. It's so addictive, especially getting new blades.

More please.

I've finished Momohime's story and now starting the other one.

Loooove this game. It's so addictive, especially getting new blades.

More please.

Good, Good. You still got a fair while to go before you've seen all the game has to offer.

Well Marvelous are working on 3DS game said that will be done in 2D but given Vanillaware are working on a PSP game right now, it's unlikely to be related but you never know. All they said was it wasn't a port of Muramasa but it could be a sequel. I guess it comes down to who owns the rights to the IP.

It's definitely a world that deserves to have more time spent in it.

Well Marvelous are working on 3DS game said that will be done in 2D but given Vanillaware are working on a PSP game right now, it's unlikely to be related but you never know.

The PSP game looks fantastic!

Ah, this game is still waiting to be finished after a failed attempt to complete this game with my girl. (We switched to Twilight Princess instead, which we finished yesterday)

Still putting it on hold though, currently working my way through the Metroid series.

And with the Metroid Prime Trilogy completed, and having read up on the story of Metroid II: The Return of Samus, I'm now experiencing Super Metroid for the first time.

Metroid: Other M is begging to be played after that:D

Metroid: Other M is begging to be played after that:D

Play this game.

OR ELSE YOU WILL DIEEEE!

HOLY MOTHER OF A NECROPHILE'S ABORTED FETUS

This game is incredibly amazing! It's as amazing as it is incredible. It's as incredible as it is interesting. It's as interesting as it is beautiful. It's as beautiful as it is touching. It's as touching as it is a true master piece.

As I'm studying Japanese and its culture, I recognise some of the places and the time in which it's taking place, but that adds only slighty to the experience, because this game is worthy of being put right 'UP THERE'.....

You know...

little-kings-story-20090721034349770.jpg

UP THERE

I bet the Little King's is even looking at it in awe!

I restarted this game and took the path of Kisuke, but never mind that, HAVE YOU SEEN TEH VISUALS!!!!!!1!11!!!! FUCKCKCKCKCK!K!K!KK!K!KKKK

FUCK!

Have you guys seen what this game looks like?

Have you not SEEN it? With THE EYES!

It's as if you are playing in a painting; you literally are moving things that have been painted in a grander painting!

(The gameplay's difficult, trail-and-error-ish and relies on button bashing)

But these words I just typed, hidden above me, are SAVED because of the feel and visuals!

And it's not as if the gameplay is bad though, it's actually extremely satisfying, but it's nothing special...

STILL

Thank fucking Muhammed and Jesus's lovechild for the fact that games such as these are still able to make it to other people for them to play.

I am happy:D

Beautiful looking game hides less than beautiful game play.

Yeah, kind of. The backtracking is a bit mental but there are those guys scattered around that will transport you. The graphics are unbelievably good and definitely are the games strong suit. @Fused King sent round a screenshot of how it would look on the 3DS and it was very tasty indeed.

I thought the combat was repetitive (which it is) but the way you get different special moves from each blade helps alleviate that, imo. Skimming the previous posts, there are long blades and short blades? I didn't even notice. I just went by the attack stat. :blush: