The Sports Thread

Mr-Paul

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd give this thread a bump.

In the US Open, Federer beat Djokovic impressively today, 6-3 5-7 7-5 6-2. He's coming back towards his best and he'll play either Nadal or Murray in the Final.

_44993996_federer_416.jpg

Rain prevented Murray's match from being completed, but Murray was leading 6-2 7-6 2-3. It's unfortunate as Murray's momentum will completely fizzle out. They'll continue tomorrow at 9.30pm.

_44994262_murrayfist_216.jpg

Any body see Amir Khan today? I found it hilarious, I'm not a fan of his after he sold out and talked him self up to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. His talking about how he was "unbreakable" in his blocks proved slightly wrong. Heh.

So pleased for Murray, he's done so well in the hard court season, going to come in 2nd overall. Hopefully he'll be able to carry on and finish Nadal off tomorrow night but I have a feeling he's going to do a Henman and lose the next 11 games....

It's so unfortunate as well for him seeing as it's Nadal he's playing. Nadal is the very hardest player to actually *beat*, he never gives up whatever the score or situation. But hopefully he can continue and win, I'd love to see how he fares against an inform Federer.

It's so unfortunate as well for him seeing as it's Nadal he's playing. Nadal is the very hardest player to actually *beat*, he never gives up whatever the score or situation. But hopefully he can continue and win, I'd love to see how he fares against an inform Federer.

He beat Federer last Summer didn't he when Federer was on the top of his game? Murrary - Federer would be my dream final, Federer is such a model professional and then Murray is British. I'd want Murray to win but seriously wouldn't mind at all if he didn't because Federer is just so damn awesome.

Murray's beating Federer a few times, but the problem may be down to how long Murray takes to finish off Nadal, if it's quick then he'll be plenty rested, but if it's a five setter, then Federer would come into it on the back of 2 half days off, as opposed to Murray's no days off.

Any body see Amir Khan today? I found it hilarious, I'm not a fan of his after he sold out and talked him self up to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. His talking about how he was "unbreakable" in his blocks proved slightly wrong. Heh.

Funniest thing I've seen for ages! I hate him - I really do. Everyone loves him round here, being a local lad and all, but I think he's a cocky arsehole and this may bring him down a peg or two.

I'm unsure who I want to win out of Murray and Nadal- I dislike them both, but I must say, I was pleased to see Nadal not getting his way against Murray. I reckon its the best I've seen Murray play yet. I want neither of them to win the tournament cos I support Federer all the way! :yay:

Murray is such an idiot though. Why can't there be a decent Brit for us to properly get behind?

I'm unsure who I want to win out of Murray and Nadal- I dislike them both, but I must say, I was pleased to see Nadal not getting his way against Murray. I reckon its the best I've seen Murray play yet. I want neither of them to win the tournament cos I support Federer all the way! :yay:

Murray is such an idiot though. Why can't there be a decent Brit for us to properly get behind?

Why is Murray an idiot

Because he's not a glorified puppet like Henman? because he actually has opinions and doesn't mind showing a bit of emotion.

I didn't say I liked Henman either. :heh: There was one time I supported Henman, and it was the other year when he reached the semi's of the French Open. I backed him because no one ever expected him to do so well and it was nice to see someone like him do well on a clay court.

There's nothing wrong with showing some emotion, but Murray has always come across as a twat. He's not really liked worldwide because of it.

The proper start of the NFL regular season today (barring the Thursday opener) ... finally. I hate the off-season as there aren't many other sports I watch.

Pizza is pre-booked , Jack Daniels re-stocked and people already know not to ring/visit me during gametimes.

Will now be spending the next 21 Mondays , 16 Tuesdays and occasional Fridays as tired as crap and unable to function (more than usual anyway).

Quietly positive about the season ahead for my Seahawks , despite a few concerns.

That's Nadal though, isn't it? Even Murray looses this he's already provided solid proof of his bright future. He's only going to get stronger.

Yep, as my brother said to me last night; "it's gonna be another Henman vs Ivanisevic"

Or perhaps not, Murray showing some fight.

Greg Rusedski was near in tears and Petch could barely hold himself together. Some achievement for Murray... he DID play some good stuff, but it was still blown out of proportion, lol. I watched the vast majority of the match over the weekend, and the way I seen it, Murray basically stayed with Nadal and kept himself in the rallies without doing anything too spectacular. Then, either Nadal hit the ball out or Murray eventually hit a shot with a bit more power than he had been doing.

Best I've seen Murray play though, and I detest Nadal too- but I'm not sure who was the lesser evil in that match! Anyone see him meeting Will Ferrell afterwards? A pair of idiots together. :laughing:

See if Federer doesn't win tonight, there is something badly wrong.

1st Set Games UNDER 8.5 @ 4/1 - £2

Murray to Win 3-1 @ 11/2 - £1

A Murray to Win 3-2 @ 11/2 - £1

Murray to Win @ 13/8 - £5

1st Set Correct Score R Federer to Win 7-5 @ 14/1 - £1

My bets for tonight. Went for the gung-ho approach for Murray to win so mega-joy if the actually does!

Can't wait until tonight. The match better finish before 1am otherwise I won't get to see the end because we're going to be out a pub watching it!

Ahhh! Crisis! The bar we were planning on going to in Stirling closes at 12 and nothing will be open any later on a Monday night in Stirling! Might have to head into Glasgow instead and taxi it home....