Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Little King's Story

Retro_Link

I have three options available.

A) Head into town tomorrow morning and snag it at £35/£40, whatever GAME are charging.

B) Wait a few days and buy it online.

3) Wait a few years and sink all my star points into Little King's Story on the Stars Shatalogue (meaning I wouldn't be able to buy the awesome products that will inevitably arrive after I spiral into Nintendo-themed bankruptcy).

D) Wait for a price drop...

I don't know what to do!

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just defeated the next 2 kings, both of them are very strange boss fights but awesome all the same..

The Egg King requires you to answer a few riddles, sound questions and spot the differences. The last question was doing my head in, took me t3 attempts before it clicked what the answer was

:)

The TV King requires you to dig on a world map and guess where he is broadcasting from, hopefully you will have a decent knowledge of geography unless this boss could take you a while!

Damn, the egg boss was a pain in the ass. Took me some trial and errors for some of the questions and at the last one I attacked everything but the egg. Having to go through all that again was not very encouraging :hmm:

I haven't met any blue dragon, but a red dragon guardian beat me bad. I already beaten one earlier, but then I had an army of archers attacking from above. That wasn't possible the second time so I sent 15 hardened soldiers at him. With one swift slash with his tail he sent them all flying to god knows where. Lost another four before I beat him.

My biggest single loss is 20 units when I ran into two dozen zombies and a sealed gate. Tried to kill them all but they revived. Instead I used about 20 minutes to make an hit and run attack on the gate with only one soldier(the other two were archers with no arrows) while narrowly avoiding the zombies.

Do you have to do something to get villagers to marry? All I get is funerals :weep:

Go buy it!

If its cheaper online just get it there but if there is a Tescos near you then check in there as its supposed it be £25

popped to tescos today and they didnt have it :weep:

cant wait to play this looks amazing

Edited by BeerMonkey

I have reached the next king I have to fight and its sooooooooo frustrating.

You have to make your way up a mountain within a time limit but you come across caves and you have to select which way to go, right or left. If you pick the wrong one you get sent right back to the start of the cave area. It takes about 10 mins to get to where im at and having tried 3 times I just knocked the thing off in frustration.

Can someone describe the villager AI a bit to me? Like what sort of cool stuff do they get up to without your prompts I heard they get married and stuff.

Indeed. They fall in love, get married, have kids, morun the loss of their loved ones and generally just go about their business :)

Just defeated the Junk King, awesome fight due to the music. Now im heading back to Tiptoe King to see if I can make it through his maze in time :(

It may seem that the villagers don't really do that much but just seeing them going about the daily tasks (if you've giving them a job) brings the kingdom to life. Even little things like the guards changing shifts shows that the developers thought of those little things.

You may also see them have a few heated discussions between themselves , express happiness my dancing/singing , sorrow , and just some general weirdness (a grunt beating up on a cow ????? , one of my princesses being chased by rats).

Finally decided to move on to the Egg and TV kings today. Those are strange WTF battles but I won't spoil the surprise and they are just as awesome as the preceding battles.

I did get past the Egg king (eventually) but the TV king eludes me for the time being.

I have reached the next king I have to fight and its sooooooooo frustrating.

You have to make your way up a mountain within a time limit but you come across caves and you have to select which way to go, right or left. If you pick the wrong one you get sent right back to the start of the cave area. It takes about 10 mins to get to where im at and having tried 3 times I just knocked the thing off in frustration.

How long is it? I can't even get past the cave. Either I die by bombs, rolling balls or falling stones before I even reach it, or I get half of my team wiped away because I wanted to avoid the falling rocks. And the cave, is it just me or does it change? Only been there twice so far.

Do you know how I can dig up the patches with smoke coming out of them? The farmers don't work. And the blue trees with art on top of them?

God dammit! I just can't seem to defeat the Gourmet King (I guess that's the name of the french guy who eats alot of cakes). Any tips?

EDIT: Got this guy on the fork! 15 play hours till now with only 2 major bosses defeated, great game.

Edited by Bitolas

How long is it? I can't even get past the cave. Either I die by bombs, rolling balls or falling stones before I even reach it, or I get half of my team wiped away because I wanted to avoid the falling rocks. And the cave, is it just me or does it change? Only been there twice so far.

Do you know how I can dig up the patches with smoke coming out of them? The farmers don't work. And the blue trees with art on top of them?

To avoid the falling rocks run into the little caves with the King. This makes all of your guys follow you and you are kept safe from harm. The boss fight is nearly finished once you get out of the cave but I couldnt find a pattern to which way you had to go as it seems to change everytime. I managed to get lucky and picked all of the right ways apart from one then after that you just need to avoid electric and build a bridge.

As for your question regarding the blue trees, I havent a clue. When I finished the game I was still missing a few units so it will be probably one of them.

God dammit! I just can't seem to defeat the Gourmet King (I guess that's the name of the french guy who eats alot of cakes). Any tips?

EDIT: Got this guy on the fork! 15 play hours till now with only 2 major bosses defeated, great game.

What you need to do is take your best warriors with the most amount of health. When it comes to playing pinball with the king make sure you fire your men at him and try and hit him mid table. You just need to keep hitting him enough to make him small so he fits through the gap and hits the fork.

And the blue trees with art on top of them?

Carefree Children are your friend here ;)

Did the TV king last night , pretty easy if you concentrate , which I perhaps should have done on my first attempt. :p

On my way to Tiptoe Kingdom now (managed to avoid most of that part of your spoiler), although I am taking a little more time out to get some of these unlockable items (there's enough of them and I love it).

This game continues to amaze me! It's so much fun and downright funny! It's actually more serious than it looks, and ralking about looks, it looks amazing.

I'm usually not very influenced by hype or comments on forums, but for this one... Guess I owe you all a rather big thank you! ;)

For those who haven't bought it yet, here's a message from hypnotoad:

1229855544_21215089000.gif

Buy it!

Buy it

Buy it!

Edited by Strange Cookie

Crap, after all this praise, it would simply be rude NOT to buy it, especially after all the praise it's received here. Thing is, I am trying to pay off my overdraft from uni days, and usually there are no games in the summer meaning its the perfect time to be tight and do nothing but save. But damnit not this year! Have so many games to buy just for the ps3, so many to complete, and then there is the stuff I have missed on the Wii like Madworld and The Conduit! ARGH my wallet is gonna be crying again! AND I just bought Bioshock yesterday!

It looks like my copy of the game is broken :(

After finishing it last night the credits rolled and when FIN appeared the screen went black and froze me Wii. I then tried to boot it up today to get all stuff I missed it the game wont work. It loads up and you get to see the Cing/Rising Star signs but when Little Kings Story is supposed to appear the screen goes black and once again freezes my Wii, then I have to unplug it as I can't even turn it off with the button or Wiimote.

Im off to see Wolverine on Friday so I will take the game back instore and get it swapped, just means I have to go a couple of days without playing this gem :(

Managed to get Tiptoe Kingdom under my control last night , and took a few attempts as I overlooked something which would have made things easier and it was becoming annoying for a little while.

I still seem to be spending far too much time just looking for some of the 'collection' items , but even with my save file at 45 hours (would be a lot more if it wasn't for strategic resets) this still feels fresh.

I also think taking my time is a result of not wanting this to end , suppose I'll have to wrap it up soon though :(.

So I took my game back and got another copy and tried it out when I got home and once again it froze my Wii. I decided to move my save over to the SD card and off my Wii memory and now the game works, very weird! Looks like I will have to start over if I want to play it again, glad I finished it before this happened.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!