NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dannbrownn

PSP Slim What a Joke!

What a joke, there's hardly any difference! At least when they redesigned the DS you could instantly see the differences without having to inspect it!

What a joke, there's hardly any difference! At least when they redesigned the DS you could instantly see the differences without having to inspect it!

I wouldn't call it a redesign, more an update. I'm sure they were referring to it as the 2007 version or by it's number when they announced it and at E3.

But at least with the psp design at least there are more standard features than simply making it smaller and lighter.

Does a good change need to be a big change?

Exactly.

Not always, but a good change would have been one that had an actually usable analogue stick, or maybe even, wait for it... a less pocket consuming size... oh sorry about that second suggestion thats exactly what this is!!:indeed::shakehead:confused::(::shrug::hmm::nono::eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: lol

i know what you mean, but lets look at it, tv out and that is it, as i said in the opening post, Sony have not taken any notice of actual gamers issues with the design, they have just added a feature they can tout and told us to like it.

Not always, but a good change would have been one that had an actually usable analogue stick, or maybe even, wait for it... a less pocket consuming size... oh sorry about that second suggestion thats exactly what this is!!:indeed::shakehead:confused::(::shrug::hmm::nono::eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: lol

i know what you mean, but lets look at it, tv out and that is it, as i said in the opening post, Sony have not taken any notice of actual gamers issues with the design, they have just added a feature they can tout and told us to like it.

No its not.

They also added extra cache to speed up game loads, they improved the UMD disc slot, they improved the MS Duo slot, made it lighter, and more efficient.

So its enough ...

No its not.

They also added extra cache to speed up game loads, they improved the UMD disc slot, they improved the MS Duo slot, made it lighter, and more efficient.

So its enough ...

Ahuh, and they couldn't change the screen size, and it needs to have a UMD slot on it as well.

The joystick is one of the biggest complaints about the PSP. They should have of at least improved that.

Ahuh, and they couldn't change the screen size, and it needs to have a UMD slot on it as well.

Takeo what I mean is that they have just improved it. Thats what was on the press release. So I don't know...

I wanna play PSP games on my TV, i think that would be great.

Then why bother buying a handheld console in the first place?

The whole idea is to step away from the telly.

Does a good change need to be a big change?

Exactly.

Looks at ds lite... yes it should. Seems like an excuse to get peoples attension to the handheld. it needs to looks even slightly different. The common gamer will see no difference. God sony are full of mistakes these days. It's like they are trying to lose.

i actually agree with that. It was even different from the gameboy player. Gameboy games were unigue. But with psp games you may as well just buy a ps2. its cheaper,games have faster loading times and the games are cheaper.

Looks at ds lite... yes it should. Seems like an excuse to get peoples attension to the handheld. it needs to looks even slightly different. The common gamer will see no difference. God sony are full of mistakes these days. It's like they are trying to lose.

What was the difference between DS and DS lite, made it lighter and smaller, not really a massive leap.

It does look different, but ergonomically you can't just say right were going to totally change the design of the handheld. The common gamer will see PSPLite and say oh its a new psp and then they'll ask the sale assistant for more info.

Plus I think we are missing a key point, this is designed to replace psp not as a seperate sku.

What was the difference between DS and DS lite, made it lighter and smaller, not really a massive leap.

Bigger stylus, brighter, better battery and a completely different look. Not really worthy of a second buy, but good enough.

It does look different, but ergonomically you can't just say right were going to totally change the design of the handheld. The common gamer will see PSPLite and say oh its a new psp and then they'll ask the sale assistant for more info.

So we, gaming nerds and with a side by side picture comparison, couldn't tell the difference right away, and you think the average consumer can? Specially since most people haven't seen one in detail.

lol

The PSP has always been a sexy slab of black technology. Have you forgotten all the drool and geekgasms over how it looks a couple years ago?

People thought it was sexy? Were they all blind and/or drugged?

It's got a kind of "whale-like" uglyness - It looks fat, too (from the front). Then again, lots of people will buy large fugly things if they are thin. Like the Motorola V3.

because sometimes your in your house when you wanna play the PSP, so being able to put it on your TV then, would be a good idea?

Loco Roco, Syphon Filter, MGS, Daxter all on a bigger screen? Yes please.

People thought it was sexy? Were they all blind and/or drugged?

It's got a kind of "whale-like" uglyness - It looks fat, too (from the front). Then again, lots of people will buy large fugly things if they are thin. Like the Motorola V3.

The V3 always makes me laugh, it's really thin but it's a lot longer than other phones and has that brick-thing at the bottom of it. I've actually got the V3xx. It was one of the only phones I could get free on my contract at the guy in the shop said it was the best one I I could get for free.

So we, gaming nerds and with a side by side picture comparison, couldn't tell the difference right away, and you think the average consumer can? Specially since most people haven't seen one in detail.

Well I could tell the differences between them straight away. If you can't see the differences your not looking for them or your not bothered about psp.

What about that Game Boy thing for the Cube?

Yeah, I love that thing. Having the choice to play Minish Cap on my big screen or on my GBA then the big screen wins hands down. Its all about options and Sony are giving the consumer the option with the new PSP.

Didn't buy it. It's rather pointless, I feel. I just think that if you're buying the handheld version of something, you should use the platform it was intended for. I mean, what's the point in buying a downscaled Grand Theft Auto for the PSP on a bigger screen when you can buy a home console version?

The whole idea of handhelds for me is that you can sit anywhere with them. It's a lot more personal than a home console, because you have your own personal screen, your own input device put together. Just think it's a bit of a waste to spend all that money on a specially designated handheld device only to use a TV anyway.

Well I could tell the differences between them straight away. If you can't see the differences your not looking for them or your not bothered about psp.

You only have to give the DS and DS lite a passing glance to see the differences, but with the PSP and PSP Slim you need to inspect the damn thing. Especially from the front view.

It's great giving customers options on whether to play their PSP games on the TV. But wont it be a lot more uncomfortable than just using a PS2 with a PS2 controller. eg. Would you rather play Fifa 07 on the PS2? ( Better graphics and controls) or play it on the PSP?

It's great giving customers options on whether to play their PSP games on the TV. But wont it be a lot more uncomfortable than just using a PS2 with a PS2 controller. eg. Would you rather play Fifa 07 on the PS2? ( Better graphics and controls) or play it on the PSP?

Beautifully put.

And what sort of quality video and audio output is this new thing going to be giving us? Also what cable will you need, how long will it be... i think that you will find that wired controllers are 'so last generation' why would we want to take a step back?

Yeah but what about Loco Roco and PSP only titles? and UMD movies and The Internet...

I said before. not many people own a snes anymore. Gba games are far different from gamecube games. Psp games though are very similiar to ps2.

But handhelds have exclusive titles, and maybe you just wanna play them on a big screen. Also, maybe you want to buy a game for the PSP, but want to be able to play at home, and on the move, without having to buy the same game twice. So the whole buy it on the PS2 argument is redundant.

Sign in to follow this